Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Return Project - Omega (Uploaded! Link pg 3)

Return Project - Omega (Uploaded! Link pg 3)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 8th, 2011, 1:10 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Uplifted cave?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 8th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
You can NOT do anything with your terrain without Coasterkidmwm acting like a geologist, Wing-Over. Just a future FYI.

This ride looks a lot better with the objects though! I wasn't excited when I saw the track at first, but now it is looking very attractive to me.

Post September 8th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Uplifted cave?
A quick wikipedia search leads me to believe these are more like solutional caves, because it has stalagtites and none of them open out to the lake/sea.

Also, I felt like taking a quick break from ruin building so I did the lift hill. I'm open to suggestions as to what to do to make the anti-rollback look better, since I can't remove the default NL one.

Image Insert:
428.5 KB

Post September 8th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
Maybe just put H-beams along the left and right sides of the chain. I don't really know how else to describe it, but I really adds to the ride. Search for the coaster "Silva Incendia" by Turbo. His lift has the thing I'm talking about.
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post September 14th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Ok, been working pretty hard on this, and it's getting close to finished. Only major jobs left to are the cartexture, some rubble around the ruins and the smoke/mist for the caves. Biggest update is the trees. Unlike the default NL trees, these are viewable from above, and don't produce any diagonal slicing like my older 3ds trees. I was going for an Expedition Geforce style of twisting around the treetops, and personally I think it worked quite well. Also gave the ruins a much more overgrown feel.
Image Insert:
460.4 KB

Also done is the logo (Which you can see on over the entrance), Station and queue lines.
Image Insert:
463.54 KB

Hoping to get this finished off in the next week or so.

Post September 14th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

First pic I saw in the corner of my eye and I swear I thought that it was real...
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 15th, 2011, 12:29 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Looking really good, I can't wait to see it on the exchange...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post September 16th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Rubble, cartexture and caves have all been finished. Thanks for the suggestion hyyyper, I basically added a grid of semi-transparent black planes, and it gave a nice subtle shadowy effect.
Image Insert:
460.11 KB

I'll spend tomorrow cleaning things up a bit and making some very minor tweaks, but I'm pretty much finished now. Expect to see it in the exchange on Sunday morning! [:D]

Post September 16th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I would suggest using construction kid to fade your track to a darker color in the tunnels.

Post September 16th, 2011, 2:43 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^I would strongly recommend that as well.

Also, you might want to consider using a dark cloud texture instead of black in tunnels to create a more realistic fog instead of darkness.

Post September 16th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally posted by hyyyper

Also, you might want to consider using a dark cloud texture instead of black in tunnels to create a more realistic fog instead of darkness.
But that's exactly what I want, darkness, not fog. Just something to make it look more shadowy compared to outside.
Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

I would suggest using construction kid to fade your track to a darker color in the tunnels.
I don't think I will. Not only would doing that would be a huge job (Because I'd also have to redo the supports, footers, track connectors and flanges to match) but I don't think it's necessary because the transparent black provides adequate darkening of the track for the look I want. It's not just applied to the entrances, it's around the whole cave so the track doesn't look lighter once you're inside. As I said, I don't want it to be pitch black in there, just dimmer than outside.

Edit: Here's a screenshot which makes the effect more obvious.
Image Insert:
328.42 KB

Post September 16th, 2011, 4:07 pm

no you wouldnt. Colorizing the track doesnt affect anything but the track color. Just make a gradient going into the tunnels. A period of dark track, and a gradient out. I think the track in that other pic before needs it alot more than the one you just posted does. It took me like 5 seconds on my tsunami coaster and looked really nice imo. It would look great on your ride!

Post September 16th, 2011, 4:11 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Seems a little light to me. But that's just my opinion, shouldn't influence the ride that much anyways [lol]

Post September 16th, 2011, 5:21 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
honestly, it looks absolutely fine, looking forward to the release.

Post September 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

no you wouldnt. Colorizing the track doesnt affect anything but the track color. Just make a gradient going into the tunnels. A period of dark track, and a gradient out. I think the track in that other pic before needs it alot more than the one you just posted does. It took me like 5 seconds on my tsunami coaster and looked really nice imo. It would look great on your ride!
But if I just darkened the track the 3ds track connectors wouldn't match. And it would make no sense for the track to be dimmed and not the supports. Anyway I tried it, and I don't think it looked much better, it just looked darker. Which isn't what I want. People always make rides with dark foggy tunnels. I was going for wider, more open caves with just a hint of dimming so you know you're not in bright sunlight.

Post September 16th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Post September 16th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
looks cool, soo downloading and on my birthday too awwsome
Fly at the speed of fright

Post September 17th, 2011, 2:16 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
That is FANTASTIC!!!! I am really blown away right now!

A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post September 17th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Just added a small last minute touch that I think is really cool. I won't spoil it yet, but you'll see it on the way up the lift hill. (And a couple times later on in the ride) Just a few more tweaks and cleanups and it should be good to go!

Post September 18th, 2011, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
I wanna say what I think it is, (if it's specific to the theme then I'm definitely wrong) but if I get it right then I'll be the one to spoil it.

Post September 18th, 2011, 1:15 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post September 18th, 2011, 8:19 am

Done! Took about a month in the end, not as long as I remember these taking. NoLimitzki, let me know if you were right. [;)]

http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/18482

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area