Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 11th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 585.00 Points

"Fifty stories above Paris, and your only way down, is to take the express train, "Terminal Velocity". Your strapped in tightly and as the car clears for take off, it slowly creaks over the edge. Suddenly it stops, leaving your car hanging 500 feet above hard cement. Only seconds pass but to you it seems as if you have been hanging there forever. Suddenly, the car is released, and your plunged down a 100 degree drop. Your now falling, and falling, and it seems as if there is no end to it. Finally, you reach rock bottom, although right after, you are hurled into nauseating twists of tracks."

Stats-
Type: X-Car (Maurer Sohne)
Cars: 2 cars
Trains: 5 trains
Max Speed: 116 MPH
Max Height: 470 feet
Max + G's: 5.4 +
Max - G's: 1.4-
Major Elements: 214 foot Overbank turn, 115 foot helix, 116 foot airtime hill.

Other Details:
Location of Ride-
Paris, France, On top of Le Tour de Temps.
(A made up Observatory Tower presumably built in Paris)
Height of Tower-
Approx. 550 feet.

Progress:
Track-100%
Supports-30%
3ds-35%

Sidenotes:
3d work is not yet finished.
Layout might slightly change in the near future.

50 stories above![:)]

It's a along way down...

The cars, just hanging there..

Le Tour de Temps. (The Tower of Time)

After the whole run, the Cable Lift system located at the back of tower hauls the trains upwards at speeds of up to 18 mph.

The lift in the back of the tower.

The Interior

Last edited by tt1001 on August 11th, 2008, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 11th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
The next Eiffel Tower Extreme.

WAY lookin' forward to this, man!

Post August 11th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,145.00 Points
This ride looks impressive. The cable lift looks awesome. Is the trackwork as good as the ride looks?

Post August 11th, 2008, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points
Wow that tower looks amazing and so does the cable lift

Post August 11th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

that looks soo A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!! [:O]

i agree with flaming-what--i hope the trackwork should is as good as the ride looks! [;)]

Post August 12th, 2008, 12:47 am

Well, as far as trackwork goes, I definately think that it's not going to be the main highlight of the ride. (Since I'm more of a 3d works and appearence kind of guy) When you have a train going down the track at speeds of up to 110 mph you can't really do much except add a few turns and hills here and there. It'd be great if I could add inversions but they would be reaching some massive scales. Nonetheless, the layout will be satisfying adrenaline-wise, and since it's really not final, you can expect more to be added.

Post August 12th, 2008, 12:54 am

Post August 12th, 2008, 1:28 am

Guaranteed. I personally don't think bumps and fast speed go well together. I imagine it would probably feel like you were placed in a blender on puree if anyone did try to mix those two.

The next Eiffel Tower Extreme.

WAY lookin' forward to this, man!

Ironic how I got the inspiration to build this ride after seeing Eiffel Tower Extreme. But then again a few days before I was watching this documentary on roller coasters, and it mentioned how future coasters may one day hang on sides of skyscrapers.

Post August 12th, 2008, 1:37 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Dude, if you don't think it'll be technically well built, PLEAASE go back and fix that! It's looking pretty sick actually, don't ruin it by having a bumpy and poorly built track. If you can pull it off technically, this thing is gonna be the bomb dig. Make sure that happens!

Post August 12th, 2008, 5:02 am

Is this realistic or fantasy? because if your going for realism there should be narely any layout after the initial drop.

Post August 12th, 2008, 6:45 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

wow that looks wicked awsome

is the station at the top of the tower and the huge drop first?
Making screams come true

Post August 16th, 2008, 8:20 pm

Hey guys. Here's a new update for this week. (Updates will come every week for now since I currently have school to worry about now.)

But anyways, as far as the update goes, you'll probably notice a few things. I've added a canal around the perimeter of the tower so now there's a little river going around it. Also, I added a bridge which connects the mainland to the to the tower on the island. You may also notice a few trees and bushes here and there to add some appeal.

Supports around the ride have started and the layout has also been slightly changed. (Added lenght) so now its lenght is 6038 feet.

The entrance to the tower's elevator has also started. It's not finished but eventually I'll add fencing, ticket booths, and elevator doors. (Fake ones ofcourse)

Speeding down the drop at 100mph.

Looking from the entrance of the tower.

Here's the bridge. The suspension cables really aren't necessary but they do make the bridge look more abstract :].

Perhaps in a week I'll include testing depending on wether I have time to send out the ride, but hopefully I will.

Is this realistic or fantasy? because if your going for realism there should be narely any layout after the initial drop.

It's short actually, but it's much longer then Kingda Ka and TTD combined so the layout should be satisfying enough[:)]I'd say the ride is realistic to an extent. It would probably be possible to build in real life but it would require alot of new technology in order for it operate flawlessly.

wow that looks wicked awsome

is the station at the top of the tower and the huge drop first?

There's actually 2 stations. One at the top and one at the bottom, so it sort of functions as an elevator also.

Post August 16th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 16th, 2008, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Change the color of the suspension cables, they look too much like supports in white.
U should match them with the color of the bridge.

Post August 16th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I've actually seen a one sided suspension bridge almost exactly like that one you have there in Canada.

Post August 16th, 2008, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
i think the white support cables for the bridge look fine.
its nice that they dont blend in, haha.
im sure the white makes the bridge look a lot better.
as for the rest of it, it looks sweet.
cant wait to see it!

Post August 24th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Hey guys. It's another update for the week. I have to say I didn't have much time to work on this ride over the week, it isn't a big update, but it should be enough. You'll notice a big difference when looking at the ride now.

I recently added a shopping center in the center of the first overbank and it looks pretty nice. It gives a futuristic atmosphere. Right now only the building stands but soon enough I'll add detail to the surroundings and so on.

Other then that I've added fencing around the perimeter of the island so that's taken care of. I've also added ticket booths and a few supports here and there. I still haven't added details to the inside of the observation tower above but that'll get done soon enough.

On a side note, in a screenshot or two you might see the supports look out of shape. I changed the 2nd overbank, and forgot to fix the supports while taking screens.

Post August 24th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,262.00 Points
hi

must reply to the terminal verlocity artical you put on the site the ride looks awsum can you tell me more.

andy

Post September 15th, 2011, 6:17 am

Talk about bringing an ancient topic back from the dead! However, my madness is not without a purpose. Just recently I had gained back the interest I used to have for NoLimits. I had taken a much needed break from it that has helped me regain my inspiration to actually build again (I sound rather corny)but anyways I've taken this project off the shelves, dusted it off, and continued it from where I had left off and right now I am in the process of refining some aspects and redoing some objects (Especially the tower which is much more appealing to the eyes now).

Anyways,without further adieu, I bring you construction photos of Renovated Terminal Velocity (Which I am definitely planning to complete this time around!!)

Post September 15th, 2011, 7:49 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
wow.. it does look better :)
you could probably fit a barrel roll in there at the end if you want ;)

the lAyout looks like it is fun and crazy :)

Post September 15th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Are the patrons at the top going to have a railing to hang on to? It seems like that whole tower is just a lawsuit waiting to happen [:P]

Seriously, though: I'm not normally a big fan of these massive rides because they're normally just too over-the-top, but yours looks like a perfect blend between fantasy and realism. Keep up the good work! I'm definitely looking forward to riding this one.

Post September 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,397.00 Points

Post September 15th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 686.00 Points

Post September 15th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

If you're interested, I could give you a few tricks to make your trees look a lot better, ie. get rid of the diagonal slicing and stop them looking too dark.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area