Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster What Was Your Favorite Ride To Design?

What Was Your Favorite Ride To Design?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 28th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
We've all designed coasters, and some of us have made quite a large library of coaster models. What was your favorite ride to design in your list? Of all the coasters you've ever created, which one did you have the most fun designing? which one brings back the best memories when riding it? If you'd like, Post a link to your favorite design.

Just something fun i thought would make today a bit entertaining.

For me, my favorite ride was juniper. It always brings back great memories, and it was right before i delved into FVD's and Newton. It was my last handbuilt ride. (with some h:sak and ahg thrown into the mix)

http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/14530
Last edited by tmv8888 on September 28th, 2011, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 28th, 2011, 12:38 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I really liked doing this one since AHG wanted to play with it. The results were good for my skill back then if I do say so myself. Of course, getting to the station again was hell.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/10159

Post September 28th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post September 28th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i must say this

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/11079

time bender was alot of fun to build and agains hyyyper too. it is the first real woodie i built. yes i like sprang alot more but this was a great coaster at the time. for my skill way back then it ws very awsome

unfortunetly my favorite of all time wasent posted here. it was posted on coaster sims befor this site even excisted to me. it was called speed freaks and was the first coaster to go all the way to the top of the no limits areas and do it pretty well. wish i still had that track but must be over 10 years old now. geez i been around along time with this simulator
Making screams come true

Post September 28th, 2011, 1:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Thats almost since the simulator was fisrt released
What are these for?

Post September 28th, 2011, 2:04 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Cool, i like this thread, i'm discovering some good rides that i've never seen before. I'm impressed tmv888 that you were making rides like that back in 2008?

Well mine has to be my last Handbuilt ride ever:
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/17459

Rincewind. This was for a contest and i absolutely love this ride. I loved making it, i love the layout, i loved supporting it, and un like a lot of my rides; i can actually ride this over and over again in the sim. It's not perfect, I thought i'd get better rates, but there ya go. Enjoy.

Post September 28th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Definitely Aileron http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail17683

I had never worked with such speed before, making the long drawn out layout was something new, and every update it just looked so sexy. I love riding it in the sim. It's just so much fun.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post September 28th, 2011, 3:59 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

oh , man back before coaster sims closed and the site got clogged with brand namery and newton i loved building rides.. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/12789 i really liked building this ride, it lacked in some of the technical aspects, but i actually enjoyed building the extra supports, and its a layout i'm proud of . my absolute favorite is this one . http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/8833 un fortunately it wont open in 1.7 because of the supports for some reason , but the regular version is the same ride without all the extra supports

Post September 28th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by CKidd

Thats almost since the simulator was fisrt released

i have had the sim since it was released and was on the demo and waiting for sit 2 years befor the release.

plus i have been here a very very long time. i been here for 9 years, 1 month and 12 days[:D]
Making screams come true

Post September 28th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
none
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post September 28th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Mines Eruption, still workin on it but its a b&m standup themed to a volcano eruption

Post September 29th, 2011, 12:02 am

Mine is one I named shooting star, it's not on here but it was on coastersims. It wasn't very good techincal wise but the layout was a terrain out and back woodie, and i put extensive support work i into, I wish I still had the file, so I coud fix it up to its full potential.
What are these for?

Post September 29th, 2011, 12:52 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
by far
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post September 29th, 2011, 2:06 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post October 1st, 2011, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points

Post October 1st, 2011, 4:14 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Tough choice between:

Tsar

I really enjoyed doing this because it's my favourite type of ride, a mega compact B&M. Not that a B&M like this would exist, though [lol]

and

Rampage

Even though the result wasn't as realistic as I had hoped for, certainly compared to, for example, tracks by the likes of Le-Flo; I learnt so much about wooden coasters while I was building this and it turned me into quite a woodie fan. I used to prefer steel coasters to wood and thought wooden coasters were boring (retarded, I know), but I would now prefer to ride the majority of the top 10 wooden coasters rather than the top 10 of steel coasters. I think I probably choose this as my favourite, then, because of how much I taught myself while researching for it.

Post October 1st, 2011, 5:09 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
^ I remember Rampage and it was actually a really good ride! I'm sure I went on to rate it, simply because it took me off guard. It was nail on the head my kind of wood, so good job with that one Gouldy.

Post October 1st, 2011, 5:48 pm

I've saved both of those and ride them both consistently, they are 2 of my favorites overall
What are these for?

Post October 1st, 2011, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Aphrodite. I love designing by hand more than anything else, and I loved both building and the outcome of that ride.

http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/16924

Post October 1st, 2011, 7:39 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

The only coaster I have ever built from start to finish that was not only fun to build but I was actually satisfied with (at the time) was Cataclysm. Years later in retrospect, there were so many things wrong with it that could have been done better, but just about everything about that coaster was fun to build... the height, the insane drop, the research that I got to do into how Intamin supports were shaped, they were all so much fun to integrate for the first time, and at the time I finally felt that I had done something remarkable.

Every other coaster that I have ever built, even at the time, I was either never completely satisfied with (Apocalypse, Hurricane, Letterbomb, The Rocket,) or got so sick of supporting and 3DS'ing that it turned into a chore instead of fun (Hydro Thunder, Meteora, and especially The Rockler 2 and Lava Blast.)

Hydro Thunder I definitely think was my best overall coaster, but it also definitely wasn't fun slogging through all of that supporting, terrain, and 3ds at the end. Plus the layout went through three major revisions, and I was almost ready to scrap it on multiple occasions due to things not working out. The only plus side is that it taught me a hell of a lot about shaping and how to use AHG. Cataclysm, though, it pretty much all just fell into place with almost no hassles whatsoever.

So yeah. I could probably write a 2-page rant on every single coaster I have ever made, listing things that didn't go right and things that I wish could have been done better, except for Cataclysm. So yeah.

Post October 1st, 2011, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

^ I remember Hydro Thunder, that was a great ride!

The one I have best momories of is probably Ultrasonic, since that was the first track I made which I properly understood HSAK, AHG and 3ds. Although I remember it having an 11 page construction thread, so at the time it was probably far more tedious than it is in my memory lol.

Although my latest track Omega was actually quite fun as well, because I was super motivated to get it finished in time so it all came together quite quickly and I never got stuck on one part of it.

Post October 2nd, 2011, 12:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Greystone Radiator. Or Clifford. One was fun because it was so creative to build. The other because it was what I consider to be my favorite type of coaster.

Post October 2nd, 2011, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster