Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Any idea

Any idea

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 3rd, 2011, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
i think my backpack has messed up my shoulders because they hurt all the time and i hear a crackling sound when i move them.but the thing that is really bothering me is that when i shrug my left shoulder i can feel my chest muscle move a lot but when i shrug my right i dont feel that. anyone know what this could be for those of you who play sports. in fact my chest muscle really hurts when i move it and even when i dont move it, my mom keeps telling me that im growing but i dont think that is the case.
Last edited by Topthrill123 on October 3rd, 2011, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 3rd, 2011, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Dude, I'm sorry but is a roller coaster forum the best place you could think of to ask this question..?

Post October 3rd, 2011, 9:03 pm

ik its just that know one else would help me with this also i didnt want to make an account for some freakin medical site, i was kinda thinking a muscle strain but the problem is the only way it will get better is if i stop putting my backpack on unfortunately i cant do that maybe i can get a different kind of backpack

Post October 3rd, 2011, 9:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Perhaps you should consult the school nurse if you have one?

Also if you play football, just stop. It destroys you early for no good reason.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 3rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post October 3rd, 2011, 10:32 pm

im going to give it a month or two or if it gets worse then i can see a doc but its just all so weird that its all over my body and now my parents think im crazy not believing that there could be a problem (probably something minor-moderate) i know its not JRA because there is no swelling. does anyone use a backpack that reduces stress on the shoulders etc. i also forgot to mention that it sounds like rice krispies when i move my shoulder and when i move my knees there's sort of a vibration that i can feel.oh and ive recently been taking fish oil pills twice daily because that might help a little. and if anyone has experienced things like this before help me. i still think its related to my backpack though because i carry it around all day. and i dont know if streching is good for strained muscles etc.

Post October 3rd, 2011, 10:37 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Yeah, you should go to a doctor, don't put it off another month or two, you'll regret it.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 3rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

the funny thing is im not a huge sports player i just think i screwed things up with my backpack and my mom thinks its nothin so she wont take me because we went a few weeks ago before this started had blood work done everything. and it sucks i have to carry my backpack around all the time which does not help.

the posabilities of what i can have are RSI(repetative strain injury) muscle strain tendanitis (doubt it).

note that its not very basd pain just more of an ache but when i move my shoulder certain ways it feels like i pull something

its kinda scaring me because its says it can develop into
rotator cuff syndrome, supraspinatus tendinitis, impingement syndrome, subdeltoid and subacromial bursitis, calcific shoulder bursitis, "frozen shoulder" and bicipital tendinitis

edit also when i do arm circles it sounds like somthing is popping in my shoulder

Post October 4th, 2011, 2:13 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Captain obvious attack pending.......make sure you wear both straps on your backpack and have it tightened snugly, not drooping over your ass. Seriously, growing up the style was over one shoulder or so low that you can kick it with your feet, what a chiropractors wet dream. Also, it could be growing pains, seriously, it is a real medical condition. If you start growing too quickly, it can cause stress on your muscular system and cause physical pain. honestly, though, consult a doctor and get treatment ASAP before it is too late.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post October 4th, 2011, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I experienced lower back pain carrying my backpack around. If you can't help but not carry it, then leave some of your textbooks in their classrooms, if you have the option. I got rid of two of my heaviest by doing that.

I also recommend, if you aren't already, to do resistance training. Yep, I said it, the weight room. Maybe you wouldn't be such a little bitch if you had some muscle on you.

Post October 4th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by disaster249

Maybe you wouldn't be such a little bitch if you had some muscle on you.

This sounds like medical advice from a journalist, AKA stupid and useless
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 4th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Matt takes lacking muscle comments personally, disaster249. Be sensitive.

Post October 4th, 2011, 7:41 pm

its feeling a little better now (kind off) its on and off i think it just need time ans it could be my backpack and growing pains because my friends all say i look taller also im a little more hungry than usual.

Post October 4th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2011, 8:14 pm

no actually today when i was running i all of a sudden got a sharp pain in my arm/shoulder area lasted a while went away i have noticed it only hurts sometimes when i move a certain way. i dont know if that can be growing pains and now my legs always ache towards 7pm-11pm not a bad ache though so i dont know if it would be a wasted $60 to go to the doc and have him tell me im fine. and i dont think this has a connection but ive been under sooo much school stress im behind on a project got a C in math and a month ago i lost 6ibs in a week gained em back though. and then i also get quick kinda painful arm cramps

edit my shoulders ache any time pressure is put on them(kind of a numb ache) and somtimes just randomly thinking about the ache makes it slightly worse

Return to Off Topic Discussion