Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Sense of Speed

Sense of Speed

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post April 13th, 2003, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

When I load and ride a coaster in SM it seems to run slow. For those of you who have NL this is equal to having it slowed down to 50%. My framrates are awesome in SM but anything I ride just seems slow. Is this normal or just me?

Post April 13th, 2003, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
It's just the way that SM is. I noticed that with the demo of SM.

-------------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize that person, you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes!

I AM CANDAIAN!

Post April 13th, 2003, 12:38 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I noticed that speed does seem a little off, maybebecause we're used to NL, if you look at NL going 65 mph and a video of a coaster going 65, you'll notice that it's going faster than the real video one. However I did notice that SM is much closer to the real vid speed. Just a thought and fact I'd wanted to share [:)]

Post April 13th, 2003, 12:56 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Hi Foreseer!

I talked with you about this at coastersims, but I think maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Have you tried pressing F6 a couple of times? This makes the coasters look like they are going faster.

Hope this helps! [:)]

Post April 18th, 2003, 1:14 am

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Oh yes and it does makes a big difference on the speed. It literally just takes my breath away with that sense of speed. When it moves slow, you'll hear nothing but when you move fast, It's like a burst of sound energy coming at you and you feel it. I think this is the best sense of speed yet. Thanks to the SM team. Keep it up[;)]

Post May 30th, 2003, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,547.00 Points
if you have trees it seems like it moves faster cuz there are things going by

Return to Scream Machines