Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion NEW game and NEW park. Believe it or not!

NEW game and NEW park. Believe it or not!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 11th, 2003, 10:38 am

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
OK, and now for some unbelievable stuff:

I'm 14, live in holland, and just passed to the 3rd grade of grammar school.

I am programming for about two years, and now am SLOWLY starting to create my own ride simulator. A bit like a quality level a LOT higher than NL, but with NL's versatility or better, and a LOT more rides and options.

Anybody wants to comment or has tips? Great loads of ideas are appreciated.

check http://members.lycos.nl/digicoaster for info soon.
still under construction as of now.

P.S. for WWS: could we include it on your site once it starts getting real?

I am also working to start my amusement park. this a joke? certainly not. I am in good contact with Intamin, Arrow, Vekoma, and B&M as of now. Anybody has ideas, comments, or tips? Let me know.
/||
Made this myself.
Last edited by Intamin AG on July 11th, 2003, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 11th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Post July 11th, 2003, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Post July 11th, 2003, 3:46 pm

Originally posted by Master_of_Puppets

Another coastergen I suppose...

NO! NO! NO!

Don't mean to disappoint you, mean to please you!
If I were to fake it, why would I have a book on c++ measuring 900+ pages, and a book on OpenGL measuring 700+ pages? Why would I stick to programming for 2 years +??

THIS IS TRUE! ALL OF IT!

So please post tips, comments or ideas. Really appreciated!

Couldnt WWS create a forum under coaster games for this? I can be mod.

Post July 11th, 2003, 3:51 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I'm not going to create any new forums for this. I have many forums already, but I don't know, sit in our posuition and look at your post our way, you're 13, you're programming a game and you're building your amusement park. Either you are filthy rich or just pulling our legs and frankly well I am going to say this, I do not believe the amusement park stuff and that puts doubt in the game part of the story as well since there are no screenshots or proof to uphold it, but whatever, I am always open to allowing coaster games into the exchange, baring it meets a few requirements(will not be divulged to the public) which I decide after I have viewed the game and stuff.
WWS

Post July 11th, 2003, 4:27 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post July 11th, 2003, 4:32 pm

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

sit in our posuition and look at your post our way, you're 13, you're programming a game and you're building your amusement park. Either you are filthy rich or just pulling our legs and frankly well I am going to say this, I do not believe the amusement park stuff and that puts doubt in the game part of the story as well since there are no screenshots or proof to uphold it, but whatever, I am always open to allowing coaster games into the exchange, baring it meets a few requirements(will not be divulged to the public) which I decide after I have viewed the game and stuff.
WWS

I corrected, I am 14 for almost a month now, and I am not filthy rich.
The bank wants to cooperate for now, and they tell me I need to fill out a business plan, but the multi-million-dollar sums i mentioned (max. guess at this point [pshades]500.000.000 euros[pshades] (five-hundred-millions!)) are not that much of a problem. At least, that's what they tell me. I have even been to Intamin in Wollerau when I was staying with my aunt last year! talk about non-jokes!

Post July 11th, 2003, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,347.00 Points

sounds coo, wuts the games name? if you've figured one yet.

Post July 11th, 2003, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

lets see some screen shots to show that you are telling the truth about the game.

Post July 11th, 2003, 6:13 pm

Originally posted by INS4N3_thefirst

sounds coo, wuts the games name? if you've figured one yet.

DigiCoaster, as of now!

[devilish]CAN'T WAIT TO BE DONE LEARNING![devilish]

Post July 11th, 2003, 7:38 pm

Post some screenies and offer a demo even if it's incomplete, plz.

Post July 11th, 2003, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I don't really believe you, you should post some screenshots of the game. And a demo would be cool like e-man said.

Post July 11th, 2003, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Sorry to say, but I remember comin across something similar with a game in the works called "Thrillfactor" over @ CG1.org when it was around. Like said: seeing is believing......
About the themepark, I'm in doubt unless you're talkin about a makin a park in rct and stuff.....Well, if so on the game and stuff, good luck. Plz make screenies!

Post July 11th, 2003, 8:39 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

LMAO

What bank in it's right mind would give a 14 year old five hundred million euros?

None. I say this guy is full of it.

Oh yeah, another thing:

You say you have big books on C++ and OpenGL

Big deal, I don't know squat about programming but I could have books about it too...

The game thing, ok, that is almost believeable, but shut up about starting a theme park. A 14 year old (who just passed 3rd grade in grammar school [xx(]) is obviously not intelligent enough to realize that we are not stupid and won't fall for this kind of bull.

Post July 11th, 2003, 10:33 pm

Personally, I might believe the game thing if some proof is posted. As for the theme park, I agree w/ MoP 100%. In other words, I think it's all bull and that next time you make something up, at least make it believable.[stoning]

Post July 12th, 2003, 1:59 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

yeah man, 500,000,000 to a 14 year old... either you are lying or your parents are the richest people in europe, and if your game is real then post some screen shots and system requirements and junk.

Post July 12th, 2003, 2:40 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Just for the sake of the sanity of the community, I am going to lock this topic before it really gets ugly. Intamin AG, if you want to provide more info, screenshots, or anything, feel free to start a new topic about it.
WWS

Return to Off Topic Discussion