Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area "Sick & Twisted" Update 9/19 1st Post

"Sick & Twisted" Update 9/19 1st Post

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 1st, 2012, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Seems B&M Floorless are currently in style.

This is definitely the longest build I've ever done in my NL history. I started the original track in May.

Getting the B&M shape, transition flow, style and pace is really difficult. I am proud of myself on this ride. In the past I probably would have supported it and released it by now.

I feel if I did that, I would be letting myself down as well as the community.

I have modified the layout slightly. Repositioned the Dive Loop and need to draw the Lazy Loop away from the Dive and closer to the MCBR.

Here are some current pics. Color, name, theme not set in stone. Suggestions and criticism are always welcome.

Last edited by Onjin on September 19th, 2012, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 1st, 2012, 1:16 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
What is the layout inspired from? Looks interesting.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post June 1st, 2012, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
It seems to me like it's a really long layout before the MCBR...like, an entire small coaster length before the MCBR. If I were designing this, I'd probably put it at the top of the twisted turn thingy. Unless, of course, you were planning this to be a massive-ass ride from the start. In which case, more power to ya!

Post June 1st, 2012, 3:46 pm

^It will ultimately be just a bit longer than Scream. In which case has 5 inversions (counting cobra roll as 2) before the MCBR.

^^Well, the layout was an inverted ride. Always wanted to make one that was small like Batman but have some uniqueness to it. However, the zg roll is really hard to replicate for inverts. When I switched to floorless it completely changed the ride I think for the better. Overall it's inspired by B&M rides.

I need to make changes to the turn around. As is, it is not fitting flow wise and needs to be more intense. Also many trough areas will be tightened up which will reduce the overall footprint. I'll get some more editor pics posted.

The coaster will be surrounded by a mock cs park pack on all for sides.

Post June 1st, 2012, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 615.00 Points
I really like the layout. And I actually like the colors.
*Insert amazing signature here*

Post June 1st, 2012, 3:58 pm

Points on hand: 615.00 Points
I really like the layout. And I actually like the colors.
*Insert amazing signature here*

Post June 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am

Points on hand: 2,211.00 Points
I am gonna give it another go for my interlocking corks, been stuck on them for a long time now. If I make something decent i'll post a pic.

Post June 4th, 2012, 4:10 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
I really like the layout of the coaster. Nothing seems quite wrong to me so far. I like it.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post June 4th, 2012, 4:55 am

^Thank you. And welcome to the site.

I do have some concerns with the drop. Here is a profile and top view.

It rides great, but seems too extended from the pre-drop brake. And am I rotating into the drop too soon?

Post June 4th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I think the pre drop pullout is a bit small. You can see the heartline sort of breaks at that point. That would end up bad, I'm pretty sure. But as far as rotation goes? Nah, looks OK to me. Perhaps a bit more level-ish track before it starts to drop? Looks like a fantastic B&M drop overall, though.

Post June 4th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,369.00 Points
nah, the pull into that turn is alright. Look at RR's POV and you will notice that the track seems to pull straight into the first drop. Not a very pretty looking transition, but it means you won't have to bug around with the one you already have.

Post June 6th, 2012, 2:44 pm

^^Thanks boneplaya. Once you posted that I immediately saw what you meant. The pic below shows a much smoother transition.

^richie, yeah, I've not only watched RR's POV's but I've ridden it at least 30 times or more since it opened. My favorite ride at SFMM. Thanks for the props, I had tried making RR about a year ago and was stuck on getting the drop right. I believe I now have a great template to start from to get that project back together.

Here's a small update. I was very unhappy with the turn around originally posted. Dive loop it is. And yes, plenty of clearance at the bottom of the drop and the dive loop. This ride will have many head chopper areas. If you look closely I need to make some adjustments to the lazy loop or completely rearrange it so it leans the other way. We will see.

But most importantly the Zg is locked in. I don't think I can get it any better. No train twitches, it's a nice transition in and out and I've got the lats down to 0.5. It'd be great to have it down to 0.3 or 0.2.

Element List:
Zero G Roll
Immellmann
Loop
Dive Loop
Lazy Loop
Corkscrew x2

Post June 13th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points

Post June 13th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
^ Me too.

Oh, and hi Discoduck.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post June 13th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points
Hi Luis! Hey, can you start a petition to get me back on NLE? ;)
YES!

Post June 13th, 2012, 9:51 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
Err, no. There's absolutely nothing that anyone can do to get you back on NLE, and I'm sure a lot of members over there really wouldn't want you back on after what ever went down this past December.

Looks good Onjin! Only thing I don't like is the length of the crest, the pull out looks a little bit too long and the pullout still looks a little small, though this is probably because of the size of the crest.

Post June 14th, 2012, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 2,211.00 Points

Post July 26th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 431.00 Points
Bank: 2,954.10 Points
Those are corks, wow Twisted!
A big drop is a good drop.

Return to Hard Hat Area