Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Awaken - Turbo [announcement]

Awaken - Turbo [announcement]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 6th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Hello again!

So, I still have the urge to make another ride. This ride will be a B&M Sitdown roller coaster that will wind around a Forested Mountain. I won't say too much about the ride until I have the layout a little more complete, but I can say that this ride is so far MUCH smoother than my last ride Invasion. I don't yet know what I shall be theming this ride around yet, but I have a few ideas. if you have better ideas, please shout them out.

1. Ursa - The ride will have faded colors, the track will be a faded brown, and the supports will be either a faded black or dark green.
2. Yeti - The ride will have a white track with grey supports.

I don't want to put up any pictures just yet, I want to finish a little bit more of the layout first.
Last edited by Turbo on October 11th, 2013, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 6th, 2012, 8:53 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
make a vekoma mine train, could be really cool with your support skillz

Post September 6th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think the yeti idea is good, but a big foot idea would work better in a forest setting
What are these for?

Post September 6th, 2012, 11:53 pm
Turbo User avatar

Well, I got the first section of at least 3 sections of the ride completed. I have 3 pics to show you all, enjoy :)

Regarding theme, I played around with colors and came up with these:
URSA

YETI

What do you guys think? If I went with Yeti, it would be snowy. the only problem is that I don't want to custom edit the trees to have snow on them (and I think that would be needed to make the ride even cooler). I could Play around with Ursa, the theme could be a demon bear that causes havoc throughout the mountain.
As far as the Bigfoot idea goes, I had thought about it, but decided no on it. The biggest reason is that I don't really know what I would do to theme it properly. I could do it, but it probably wouldn't be as entertaining as Yeti or Ursa. I am still looking for more ideas if anyone has any.

Thoughts and comments are always appreciated
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 6th, 2012, 11:57 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Maybe show another view of the s-turn off of the lift, because it looks way too tight for a B&M.

Post September 7th, 2012, 12:08 am
Turbo User avatar

It is a little tight, but the train passes over it a little slowly.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the s-hill reminds me of the tightness of this one here:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 7th, 2012, 12:30 am
Premium Member

What are the forces on the hill? The one from scream that you posted is pretty tame where the rotation is actually occurring. Maybe start the rotation a bit earlier more towards the actual apex? If not I'd say definitely reduce the negative forces a bit more to make the rotating portion a bit flatter.

Here's a side view of the reference pic you just posted. See how flat it is where the rotation is occurring. You could aim for that by decreasing the forces or...

You could go for something like this, but it's a lot more stretched out.

Post September 7th, 2012, 1:00 am
Turbo User avatar

Front varies between .3 and -.3 lats, -.5 vert
back has a very split second at 1.6 lat, I might edit the track a little to make the back seat a little more comfortable tonight.

EDIT: nevermind, now the back only experiences a split second 1.1 lat. I made the rotation part a lot flatter and the forces dropped quite a bit. here are some pics:

I'm still working on one or two turns in the fist section of track before i move onto the next one. namely the first drop after the lift haha

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 7th, 2012, 1:41 am
Premium Member

Now that I've seen your post, -0.5 is way to much to be undergoing that type of rotation. For an Intamin, you're fine, but not B&M. Definitely looking better, just try to minimize the combination of negatives and rotation, as it seems B&M tends to avoid it as well.

Post September 7th, 2012, 1:48 am
Turbo User avatar

I guess I'm a little too used to intamin right now haha. I will work on that transition soon, I just got guild wars 2 so I should be distracted for a while. I'll update when I think it's been altered in a good way.

EDIT: So I did some work on the ride, and I have a little bit more of the layout to show:

This is the addition to the layout

This will be underground

This will also be underground

back on top

Lots of theming to go here

End of section 2

There are still a massive amount of bumps in section 2, and very few on section 1. I have a lot of work to do here, so I will update again when I have section 3 done.

Regarding the s-hill element following the lift hill, I made the transition a lot bigger and a little higher. That cut the forces quite a bit. it rides a little slower, but hey, it's the beginning of the ride haha.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 8th, 2012, 5:55 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Daemon has a fairly slow start to the ride so as far as BnM layout I think it suits it well. Looks good though!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 8th, 2012, 6:22 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post September 8th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
^He said he was making a B&M Sitdown, Yoshi was just suggest he make a mine train. Which I second by the way.

EDIT: Sorry he said he was making a B&M and RWN was the one that had suggested a mine train...

Post September 8th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by Ajax_Coasters

^He said he was making a B&M Sitdown, Yoshi was just suggest he make a mine train. Which I second by the way.
i suggested that... 2 people want a mine train, make it damn it!

Post September 9th, 2012, 4:19 am
Turbo User avatar

ok, I am not making this a mine train, however it is possible that a mine train could be my next project (if there is a next project).

I've been getting more and more busy lately and if I finish this project I'll be happy. I don't have any idea when this ride will be finished, but I hope it will eventually.

EDIT: Does anyone know how tall the average Corkscrew and/or Interlocking Corkscrew is?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 11th, 2012, 3:08 pm

I don't know about others but hydra's last cork,the normalish one, is about 20-30 feet. judging from this picure and figuring that the height of the train is about 4-5 feet +/- 1 foot and referencing from the top of the cork to the ground underneath it. http://rcdb.com/2528.htm?p=12479
What are these for?

Post September 11th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally posted by RideWarriorNation

Originally posted by Ajax_Coasters

i suggested that... 2 people want a mine train, make it damn it!

My bad sorry... I will edit my post[:D]

Post September 14th, 2012, 1:13 pm
Turbo User avatar

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Dominator's corkscrews looks like the first one is about 30-35 ft and the second looks like 40-45 ft tall

EDIT: NEW UPDATE 9/14/2012!

Oh no! a cliff!

loopy

hello Wildfire

Weeee!

you spin me...

... right round baby

and it's finally a full circuit :)

I'm happy with the layout, and now it is time for smoothing and shaping. luckily, not too much is needed, at least not as much as my last ride when I got to this point.

Thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 14th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

the ride layout is ok, and im not too big a fan of the entrance/exit to mcbr, but you've pretty much got the shaping down

Post September 15th, 2012, 12:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

so I made a few tiny changes to the layout and I now have a few choices for the theme. What does everyone think?

starting from my least favorite -> favorite

Yeti

Curse - You are a ghoul or something that wreaks havoc on a mountain villages

Ursa - You are a bear. roar.

And now my personal favorite: Awaken - You are some sort of evil legendary creature that destroyed the mountain people many years ago. The ride starts in a flashback (notice the color symbolizing a flashback)
but then you awake from your slumber to bring mayhem to the entire mountain (notice the color symbolizing present day)

The last picture shows the changes, I got rid of one of the helices at the end and I also made the last one a lot lower to the ground.

So what do you all think?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 15th, 2012, 1:47 pm

I think the last one would only work well if you added abandoned villages and stuff
What are these for?

Post September 15th, 2012, 2:16 pm
Turbo User avatar

That's what I plan to do anyway. thee would be burnt buildings, pieces of random objects, and other fun stuff

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 15th, 2012, 2:25 pm

In the last one the first color scheme is awesome, but then the second one, looks like you just took colors from a crayon box...[V]

Post September 15th, 2012, 2:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

You're right. I adjusted the colors on the second part of the ride to add a little more grey to the red. here's how it looks:

EDIT: I think I'm going to go with the Awaken theme. I like it a lot, and others seem to like it as well.

Sadly, I don't think I can update until I have some of the terraforming completed, because now all there really is to do track-wise is smoothing. fun.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 17th, 2012, 1:00 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
i feel your pain, but good luck with this, its looking really good, and i cant wait to see the finished result
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area