Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Awaken - Turbo [announcement]

Awaken - Turbo [announcement]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 17th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
This looks great and it won't matter but i feel theres got to be a more creative way to end this, than interlocking corks, just feels a little cliche
What are these for?

Post September 18th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
Colors looks much better, I await to see the terrain.

Post November 28th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

okay, so this ride is not dead yet. it has yet to be awakened.
haha aside from my horrible pun, here is a quick little update on my horrid terraforming job and what I plan for supports (maybe how buildings will look in this ride)

Lets start off with terrain. The ride will start off in a valley, but go up into the mountains for the little "flashback" part of the ride. The section up in the mountains before the cave will symbolize the first time that the monster attacked. Then the ride goes into the cave where he began his centuries old sleep. But he awakens with more rage than ever (the rest of the ride)

oh god, it's bad

the journey begins here

storage area. nothing too special.

supports!

If anyone has pics of the inside of a b&m sit down storage room, that would be awesome.

Thoughts and comments always appreciated
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 28th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Overall looks pretty good. A few things that you may wanna change is the corkscrews are a little large. B&M usually makes smaller corkscrews. Maybe a little less drastic on the terrain height changes as well. Is this handbuilt or newton?

Reminds me sort of one of my rides I made years ago. I haven't been in the Nolimits scene in almost 4 years but I want to get back into it. I was around back when FVD's were first coming out. I think most people use newton now. I am also a support fanatic like you.

http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/12280

These took me by far the longest though.
http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/13248

I don't even know how I had the attention span to make these back then.

Post November 28th, 2012, 7:44 pm
Turbo User avatar

It is handbuilt
I actually have a long term plan for this ride (Mostly with terrain and scenery) that has yet to be visually demonstrated since I want to get ride supporting done first, but once I'm done, I hope it will look as good as in my mind haha (being honest, probably wont).
The corkscrews will not look as big as they do now when I'm done, but the truth is that they are 5 ft taller than B&M's tallest cork. They are pretty big, and to me sort of (in todays standards) borderline realistic. I had originally planned for them to be absolutely massive, but that changed due to the nature of people nit picking on small details in their rates. I actually really love the way that the corks came out, it is something that I've never been able to successfully accomplish before, and I finally did it :D

EDIT: okay, so I am not too familiar with B&M supports, so I have spent the day looking at random pics of B&M sitdowns. This seems to be the result. I want to make the supports as realistic as possible, so This ride will be ALL custom supports. Some samples:

As always, thoughts, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 29th, 2012, 7:02 am

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
If that MCBR intersecting the loop will have catwalks, I hope there can be no tunnel collisions with the loop, which kinda looks a little tight.

Post November 29th, 2012, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
The supports on the loop aren't very B&M like, The usually don't have as big of a connector onto the loop itself.

Post November 29th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ your evidence points to the oppisite of your sentence. His is about the same size as the one you have shown
What are these for?

Post November 29th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Turbo User avatar

No catwalks on the inner loop brake section. it is just a trim. They are in the same block, so no tunnel test failure with that.

Blackhand: Thanks for the pic, I now see that I should make the actual supports end a little closer to the track

EDIT: I did quite a bit of supporting last night, and I changed a few things and added more. here is what I have for you all to see:

I changed the supports on the loop to end a little closer to the track. it looks a lot better in my opinion now

This is the storage track. the exterior is all that is left now, and the buildings should look like this (or at least similar).

thoughts, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 1st, 2012, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Looks good!
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post December 1st, 2012, 9:04 pm
Turbo User avatar

Lot's of work today on theming and such. I worked mainly on the corks, here are some pics:

Before I finish the building, can anyone guess what the building is going to be?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 2nd, 2012, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
I'm going pretty far out on a limb here, but I'm gonna go with haunted house.
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post December 4th, 2012, 3:01 am
Turbo User avatar

So, I kinda did this thing where I took pics at every major addition haha, it was a bit overkill. But here are the best pics of the new additions:

EDIT: It's maybe 1:30am where I am and I just finished this before going to bed. enjoy!

BEHOLD! My Bavarian house of awesome! This is what I want most of the buildings to look like

Dam tunnel test, makin me change my roof and all. BUT I must admit, it kind of adds a nice effect to the ride

oh man, your hands are safe... barely...

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 4th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
That is amazing! Loving the look of the themeing.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post December 5th, 2012, 3:01 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
im guessing a church?

aaaand demons are awakening
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post December 5th, 2012, 4:06 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points

Post May 16th, 2013, 4:43 pm
Turbo User avatar

Well, I had a lot of fun with this project, but honestly I have lost the passion to make NL coasters. I wanted to upload this for the people who care enough about it or who even remembers my construction thread. I hope you all enjoy.

I may come back to this project in the future but I really don't see myself ever doing it. I am sorry to those who wanted to see this finished, but I don't think that will happen.

I don't want rates on this ride but comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for the support!

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/19654

here is a list of things that I intended to add:
- Finish Town
*Graveyard
*more buildings
*flat ride or 2
*add final touches such as benches, lights
- Build a burnt down cabin or 2 on the mountain (particularly close to the mcbr)
- Build ruins of an old town (ghost town maybe) around the first section of the ride
- forest
- supports

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post October 11th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Turbo User avatar

I know, I know
"DOUBLE POST"
"YOU'RE THE DEVIL"
"GO AWAY MEANIE"

But this post isn't about current construction, it is about the future. I will be continuing this project in NL2. I have another ride in the works but I'm unsure if I want to release details yet. I'm just building that ride in random bits of time where I may or may not be bored. Anyway, This project shall be revived once NL2 comes out and I have a good grasp on all of the new features. That is all, Have a great day!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area