Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Hulk-ey type B&M(ish)

Hulk-ey type B&M(ish)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 16th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
So, after all the times I've tried, I'm fairly happy with this roll from the launch. I would really like to finish this, but I don't want a clone of IoA's Hulk.

Also, if anyone suggests a name that sounds good, I'll use it and give you credit. I'm also willing to collaborate on all aspects.

Post October 16th, 2012, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
make a clone, color it purple and blue.. call it bizzaro

joking aside that roll looks much better than the last one, I hope you finish his one, legit supports and all
What are these for?

Post October 16th, 2012, 3:17 pm

It rides nice and smooth, too. Truth be told, I was aiming more for the shaping of the roll on Hulk. But this works pretty well and I'm happy with the originality that's in there.

Edit:

So, I kind of like this. But I feel like this is pushing more towards a Hulk-like layout. We'll see what happens from here, though.

Post October 16th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I'm not seeing how that pushes towards a Hulk-like layout. I actually don't see much of Hulk or B&M in this at all. Even your zero-g roll looks too simple, and I notice that it is by looking at your time zones. I think I would like it better if the pull out from the zero-g had a little bit more substance, like The Hulk, but I guess if you pull the layout off well, the straight drop can be cool too!

I'm just not down with the dive loop shaping, but I LOVE THAT AIRHILL. I think it should be followed by an inversion though, rather than another non-inverting hill. But it's all you. I just think that length without an inversion runs awkwardly on a multi-looper.

But I like the concept all together =] HULK IS AWESOME.

Post October 16th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I'm not seeing how that pushes towards a Hulk-like layout.

Just the simple idea of the layout, really. How Hulk doubles back on itself after the cobra roll.

I actually don't see much of Hulk or B&M in this at all.

Hence the title of "Hulk-ey B&M(ish). I found my initial inspiration for this from an actual B&M (Hulk) and went my own direction with it.

Even your zero-g roll looks too simple, and I notice that it is by looking at your time zones. I think I would like it better if the pull out from the zero-g had a little bit more substance, like The Hulk, but I guess if you pull the layout off well, the straight drop can be cool too!

The actual pull out from the zero-g on Hulk is a royal f.ucking pain in the arse to shape in Newton. Now we have a more simplified zero-g from the launch.

I'm just not down with the dive loop shaping,

I'm not in love with it, either. But it works out better than trying to reverse Entropy's immelman instructions.

but I LOVE THAT AIRHILL. I think it should be followed by an inversion though, rather than another non-inverting hill. But it's all you. I just think that length without an inversion runs awkwardly on a multi-looper.
After riding that hill a few times in the simulator, I'm leaning more towards another inversion, as well.

But I like the concept all together =] HULK IS AWESOME.

This will be pretty awesome because it's inspired by Hulk. Which is pure fu.cking awesome.

Post October 17th, 2012, 12:55 am

Sounds like you're just taking the easy way out in a few circumstances, rather than trying until you get the ride you wanted. You lost me lol.

The actual pull out from the zero-g on Hulk is a royal f.ucking pain in the arse to shape in Newton. Now we have a more simplified zero-g from the launch.

It's actually more simple than you're making it clearly. I noticed you don't like to overlap time zones. I know it can seem cluttered and kind of disorganized, but if you start shying away from simple alignment of time zones [banking, forces, etc.] you'll be able to manipulate shapes more effectively. I think you need to just take more time, and get what you're imagining it to be in your head, rather than going for improvisation. It can work well, but I think if you easily shy away from what your goals then the ride in general loses quality with consecutive element.

Like this. This is really old and I obviously abandoned it lol.

Post October 17th, 2012, 2:03 am

I'm backed up to the zero-g, now. I'm working off of pictures from various angles of the actual roll. The exit is really similar to what you have there, but I can't find a single picture of the pull up at the bottom. I know it's around +4 but how should I angle it to come into a dive loop?

Edit: I did find a picture I work with. Almost completely forgot about RCDB. Anyway, I started screwing around with the roll and made this

Post October 21st, 2012, 11:05 pm

Immelman or dive loop?

It seems closer than it really is

On the same block. Just a small tunnel overlap.

EDIT:
Some legit head choppers. They pass tunnel test by a mile, though.

Post October 24th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Not interested in seeing tunnel test clearances man haha, we fully expect that your final product will respect the clearance. I'm more interested in seeing shaping profiles. I actually really f***ing like the exit element from the launch. Very unconventional, but can you imagine how awesome something like that would be in real life!?

I'm also concerned about the dive loop/immelman... Not concerned in a bad way, more like 'curious.' Could we see a couple more shots? I kind of like how the unbanking/banking at the peak seems to have less positive g's than a normal dive loop/immelman would have. Lately B&M has been shying away from the conventionality of their classic design, which I think you're pulling off decently well in your new layout. Especially considering how B&M shapes their immelmans on Wing-riders, although this is with respect to the separation of heartlines, think your shaping could be seen as something acceptable.

Post October 24th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Post October 29th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 15,406.90 Points

Post October 29th, 2012, 6:11 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I like the layout a lot! Agree completely with SkyArrow!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post October 29th, 2012, 7:30 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Not sure about the dive loop, at all. Is it heart-lined? Maybe the positive G's are coming in too soon?

Post October 29th, 2012, 7:32 pm

The dive loop is drawn out quite a bit because it's starting at around +2 I think. If it were starting closer to 3.3 - 3.5, it would probably be a little more compact.

Edit: There's also a "custom" element that's not being shown right now. Rest assured, it's awesome.

Post October 29th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Return to Hard Hat Area