Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion New Theme Park Game

New Theme Park Game

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 2nd, 2012, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 306.00 Points
Hello,

This is Steve with Pantera Entertainment. Our company develops for PS3, Xbox, and PC.

We have a new title coming out called for PC called 'Theme Park Studio'. We basically have merged Hyper Rails, an older title of ours, with our new proprietary graphics' engine.

Here is a link with a screenshot, video, and some descriptive text.
http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

It only contains one video and screenshot. I will be updating it with more screenshots and tutorials over the next months. If you would like to keep up to date, we hope you will 'Like' our facebook page.

I am posting to this forum hoping to get some feedback. We started out with a specific UI style, seen in the video. Later, when we decided to merge our graphics' engine, we switched to windows gui. This gave it a more technical look, less game-like. Although the game-like style was lost, the advantages gained included better performance, customization, and dialogs that can be hidden, resized, docked, or pinned.

There are numerous other dialogs, the screenshot I posted only shows the node, particle, track and train dialogs. I will be uploading more screenshots and tutorials as we progress. We will also be looking for beta testers in the near future.

Feedback is welcome. Thank you

Post December 2nd, 2012, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Looks very very interesting... I think it's what all the RCT fans were looking for. As for the NoLimits community, it looks like a bit of a step back in terms of track-making precision and quality, but I'm sure with practice you could create some very realistic and well-designed results.

I think it's a good compromise. Hope the project goes well.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 5:51 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Yeah, it's a step up from RCT3 with roller coaster design. Very good, i hope you can bank the track, reshape the loops, and edit the various things like catwalks and storage track.
I'd get rid of the wooden benches in the station, I don't know of any in real life that have benches, it's not a railway train station.

The best thing I have to say about this game is the trees, simply beautiful and this:
"You can also publish your objects on our server for a royalty share."

I love making assets :P

What about guests though, i've seen nothing mentioned of this. Also paths look like huge tiles, would be nice for smaller tiles to allow better detail and curved paths too, or better yet a brush for painting paths.

I love the sound of all the customization. I love using my own textures and all the rest of it. But it really won't be anything with out being about to watch guests walk around it all. Like a ghost town. I'm sure there will be a lot of complications with collision detection etc.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Please let TOGO trackstyle and various sized Japanese Ferris wheels be included.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 9:29 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Looks good, really good actually. The trees are amazing looking as previously stated. Track design looks good as well as the support tool. It looks like you have weather in this game or rather at least wind judging by the video.

Do you intend to make just a roller coaster builder game like we have with No Limits among others, or were you planning on making this like a RollcerCoaster Tycoon game with other rides?

Also what other coaster designs would be available?

Looks good now though. Hopefully it puts life into the seemingly stagnant community we have here.

Post December 2nd, 2012, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

physics look real bad.. but my youtube is real blurry cause of my awful internet so i cant be sure

Post December 3rd, 2012, 12:54 am

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
This is great...I have been a HR person from day one.i had to stop after upgrading to window 7, but after some time I got it to work perfectly.

Things I would like to see.
Better controls to move around with.
Better sound ( I did replace mine in HR).
Flat rides and coaster styles.
Tunnel making under ground.
Track smoother.
Terra forming.
Community involvement.
There is more but this will do for now.

Just one question. How can I be come a tester.
Thanks and looking forward to this.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 1:39 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I agree it needs peeps. Is it a roller coaster tycoon type game? Or just a roller coaster builder? Because I don't see how we would like this better than no limits if its only a designer for roller coasters. No limits already won that.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 3:16 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
I really hope that the track was rushed as it looked very unrealistic with the banking as well as all other parts of the track shaping, but at the same time it is a very interesting building style that looks very simple and could be a great way to build a draft design before putting something together in NL. I think focusing on making more realistic track shaping is the key thing to work on. This game really has potential and I am excited to see the development.

I have a question about the beta testing you mentioned. Are you going to only do PC beta testing or possibly console version beta tests as well?

Post December 3rd, 2012, 5:29 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
It looks really nice. I can see it filling in the space between RCT and NoLimits.

3 key thing that would to be included (in my opinion) are:
- lots of train and track styles, especially the newer ones from B&M and Intamin.
- G-force read-outs
- Custom elements. I'm not sure it this is available, I didn't see it in the video, but I guess players would like to make their own elements at some point, and not use the same loop/batwing/corkscrew combination on every coaster.
- Support collision avoidance. I couldn't get a good feel for supports from the video, but the prefab supports you're placing might hit the track. There should be a possibility to create either custom supports or that the supports adjust themselves to prevent colliding with the track/train.

I'm definately keeping an eye on this, it looks interesting.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 4:34 pm

Read about some of the features. Its full of them.

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:10 am

Originally posted by TheArchitect

Yeah, it's a step up from RCT3 with roller coaster design. Very good, i hope you can bank the track, reshape the loops, and edit the various things like catwalks and storage track.

The best thing I have to say about this game is the trees, simply beautiful and this:

What about guests though, i've seen nothing mentioned of this. Also paths look like huge tiles, would be nice for smaller tiles to allow better detail and curved paths too, or better yet a brush for painting paths.

Thank you for your support. Yes, you can bank and edit all the shapes and catwalks.

Glad you like the trees. They are procedurally generated and react to wind. This is part of our custom outdoor engine.

We plan on integrating character animations.

The path is a temporary asset.

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally posted by allen

Track smoother.
Terra forming.
Community involvement.

Excellent suggestions. Thank you. I have added them to our community feedback list.

I have also sent you an email.

Please feel free to add any new suggestions you come up with.

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:22 am

Originally posted by man

I have a question about the beta testing you mentioned. Are you going to only do PC beta testing or possibly console version beta tests as well?

I wanted a video with no cuts so I built the rails in one take, with no edits (except at the very end when I quickly connected it back to the station).

Even though our engine supports 360, PS3, and Android, the editor relies heavily on Windows. We may someday port to console, but it would need a more game like interface.

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:29 am

Originally posted by hyyyper

It looks really nice. I can see it filling in the space between RCT and NoLimits.

3 key thing that would to be included (in my opinion) are:
- lots of train and track styles, especially the newer ones from B&M and Intamin.
- G-force read-outs
- Custom elements. I'm not sure it this is available, I didn't see it in the video, but I guess players would like to make their own elements at some point, and not use the same loop/batwing/corkscrew combination on every coaster.
- Support collision avoidance. I couldn't get a good feel for supports from the video, but the prefab supports you're placing might hit the track. There should be a possibility to create either custom supports or that the supports adjust themselves to prevent colliding with the track/train.

I'm definately keeping an eye on this, it looks interesting.

Thank you for your great feedback. I have added your comments to our feedback list.

Post December 5th, 2012, 11:36 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
This sounds great! Before I begin my post I want to thank you for the way you approach the community, it's a very new and fresh way of handeling stuff! For that alone you have my support.

As an idea, I don't know how buildings will be used in this game, but would it be and idea to have some sort of template like the sims on which you can build a building? The template itself would consist of squares of 0.5/0.25 meter so you can ealy build walls and such ingame. Then you your done this building because some sort of 'object' which you can place freely into the game (as in turning it 360 degrees in any direction. This way it is easy to build a building or object (be honest most buildings are based on square build) and still be able to place them in any way.

If you're not sure what I mean, feel free to contact me so I can visualize it.

Post December 5th, 2012, 7:19 pm
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Post December 5th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
force vector design
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post December 5th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally posted by PanteraEnt

Originally posted by allen

Track smoother.
Terra forming.
Community involvement.

Excellent suggestions. Thank you. I have added them to our community feedback list.

I have also sent you an email.

Please feel free to add any new suggestions you come up with.
[/quote

I sent you a PM.

Post December 5th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

I really like it and it looks like this could be another great coaster game along the sides of Nolimits and Screammachines. Would be great if we have the options to import our own skybox or even animated themed environments designs. I wonder if we have the choice of sitting in any seat of the train and not just limited to only the front seat. That too would be awesome. Well keep up the good work.

Post December 6th, 2012, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 3,044.00 Points
This looks very much like it's a developed version of Hyper Rails. The game's features sound very cool, Can't wait! I'm a fan.

Post December 10th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
This looks very promising. The option to have custom lift and track sounds (per coaster ideally) would be awesome as well. Hopefully there is a system to do customized supports and such as well as custom track (nodes and handles and banking). The trees look amazing by the way.

Post December 10th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Originally posted by blackhand1001

This looks very promising. The option to have custom lift and track sounds (per coaster ideally) would be awesome as well. Hopefully there is a system to do customized supports and such as well as custom track (nodes and handles and banking). The trees look amazing by the way.

Yes its very east to build custom supports and track.I prefer hyper rails(basically the same as TPS) over NL a 100%. Great banking, pitch and roll controls.

Post December 11th, 2012, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Was that you guys who made that game Roller Coaster Rampage? This engine looks very much the same. That game had some very...interesting crash physics.

Post December 11th, 2012, 8:15 am

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Everything looks great. I know one thing to me this could be the reicarnation of SM and SM2 since they are RIP although I could be wrong. All I can say I think this will be an awesome coaster simulation when it comes out.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion