Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion New Theme Park Game

New Theme Park Game

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 14th, 2012, 7:17 am

Points on hand: 457.00 Points

Coaster look alike other old game name "Hyper Riders"

Lyle

Post December 14th, 2012, 8:37 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Wow, looking nice so far. I've just watched the video and it looks exactly like a graphics updated version from the old Hyper Rails. I enjoyed that sim in the past so I think I will enjoy this improved version as well. [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 14th, 2012, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
I have better hopes for this than the other two in development.

Post December 14th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 306.00 Points
Hello Everyone,

We have been busy the past few weeks integrating modules from our graphics' engine. I have uploaded a video highlighting our progress and posted it on our facebook page. This video demonstrates the following:

A new interface. The new dialogs can be moved, sized, pinned, or hidden.

Stations can be attached to control points. Multiple stations, or other mesh objects, can be added anywhere along the coaster path. When you move the control point, the attached object moves with it.

Tunnels can be added to any section, then freely deformed.

There is a new 'Enter' button which allows the player to take a virtual tour through the park. You can still edit your park while in this mode.

Jumps. Something you wouldn't see in real life, but fun to watch,

Entire coasters can be moved or rotated and any time, even after being fully complete.

Ability to move and rotate environmental objects.

Dynamic shaders. In this video I changed the stained glass windows in the castle from a standard shader to an unlit shader, giving it a self-illuminated look.

Particle effects, including fire, smoke, and fountains. Our particle effects module is very versatile, allowing the player to create a wide range of effects.

Dynamic editing of particle effects parameters. At the end of the video I change the force of the emitter, creating a much larger spray. The effects are seen in realtime while walking through the park.

Thank you!

Post January 28th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

Not sure who's keeping up with this, but the Facebook page has been pretty busy. A new video was posted showcasing the in-house scenery/geometry system, which will let us stay out of our 3D modelers somewhat more than we usually do for NoLimits.

I'm definitely looking foward to this. Even if the coasters don't reach NoLimits 2 in terms of realism and accuracy, the rest of the program looks like it'll truly give that amusement park vibe with apparently rideable flat rides and other features. (Whereas in NoLimits 2, we can animate the ride models, but not ride them, or so I thought?)

For me, there's no competition between this and NoLimits 2. I want both. Not sure about others, but there seems to be a separation between those who want to build parks in general, and those who want to just stick to coasters. (i.e. RCT vs. NL 1.x right now.) TPS will definitely be a welcome replacement over RCT for me.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what's ahead for TPS. In particular, I'm interested in the terrain editing system, and perhaps underground tunnels if you guys took (or plan to take) the time to work on that. And regardless of how accurate the coaster models are, I'd still like to see modern track construction features such as FVD's and geometric parameter-defined sections. (They do make the process easier and faster to create good quality track.)

I am posting to this forum hoping to get some feedback. We started out with a specific UI style, seen in the video. Later, when we decided to merge our graphics' engine, we switched to windows gui. This gave it a more technical look, less game-like. Although the game-like style was lost, the advantages gained included better performance, customization, and dialogs that can be hidden, resized, docked, or pinned.

I think most of us would welcome this, as long as there's a fullscreen mode for experiencing the park. The tools look rather like that of a game engine / development tool, which I happen to think is also appropriate for park development, given the powerful tools are in place.

*edit

There's a new video they released showing a fully lit Top Scan model in action. Looks pretty sweet!

Post March 11th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
This actually seems pretty cool. I'll probably buy it when it comes out, hope you guys are successful. I enjoyed hyper rails, as it was easy to dive into and fun.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 18th, 2013, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points

Post April 18th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Originally posted by allen

I have better hopes for this than the other two in development.

Yes I sure know what you mean. This one looks very promising and I sure cant wait myself when it comes out this summer. I think we all kind of got tired of waiting on nl2 and sm2 to come out. Oh and even rct4 I couldnt wait any longer.

Post April 18th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ I don't think rct4 was ever seriously considered. and sm2 has been dead for years. Also NL2 will be well worth the wait
What are these for?

Post May 8th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
lol It looks like it might die here. 11 days to go and they're about 5/8 the way. Honestly I'm amazed that it has $50,000 in pledges so far. But since it's Kickstarter it's all or nothing so they might be screwed.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/101 ... theme-park

Here's the projection cone too - could be hit or miss. There could always be some random boom of funders like they've had in the past, but dis gon b scurry 4 them.

Post May 8th, 2013, 3:44 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
i wish they would shut up about Kickstarter, they aint gettin none of ma monies

Post May 8th, 2013, 6:40 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

a quote from the latest email I've received

If the Kickstarter does not fund, we will have to re-visit what options we have moving forward, which could range from continuing to develop the game, based on how close we do get to reaching the goal, re-purposing the game into a pre-visualization tool, or possibly shelving the project all together.

Obviously with the amount of money we have invested into Theme Park Studio, our hope is to move forward with development. Pantera Entertainment has invested a lot into this project already, and we more than anything want to see it become a reality. But if the support isn't there, it would not make sense to continue development. No business would continue to invest significantly into a product, knowing up front they will lose their investment. And unfortunately that is what this is looking like. The work load is incredible, which is fine, we will do it, but we need your support.

Things aren't looking good :\
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 18th, 2013, 10:28 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I just got an email update saying they are funded so it looks like this is going forward. I also got some additional screenshots which you can see below:

Image Insert:
387.7 KB

Image Insert:
288.62 KB

Image Insert:
343.9 KB

Image Insert:
432.35 KB

Image Insert:
383.55 KB

What do you guys think?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 18th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points

Post May 18th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Here's the video update they posted after reaching their $80,000 goal yesterday. It's showing the path construction and some building construction, as well as some of the guests. I like how it has a grid, but can trek off it effortlessly.

Post May 19th, 2013, 3:11 am

Very impressive so far so keep up the good work. I think this would of how
RCT4 would looked like if they didn't stop and maybe for SM2 also. I think they are both RIP but again who knows? Anyway this is really something to see and I sure cant wait myself.

Post May 19th, 2013, 6:05 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post May 19th, 2013, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I want to make a park of jet coasters with a huge Japanese ferris wheel.

Post May 19th, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally posted by TheArchitect

how come passengers arent two-wide?

Maybe that's just the basic part of the game on the avarage of how
people should look in terms of there sizes in everyday life. Hope this helps but if not maybe someone else can explain better than I can.

Post May 19th, 2013, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Originally posted by TheArchitect

how come passengers arent two-wide?

The devs said somewhere that they'll be two-wide (or however many fit in a coaster type) in the final release.

Post May 19th, 2013, 12:25 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post July 1st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 303.00 Points
It is a great park and a location is also so beautiful and its a good one to be performed in it.

Post July 2nd, 2013, 5:13 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by NewCommer

It is a great park and a location is also so beautiful and its a good one to be performed in it.

W.... What?

Post July 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by NewCommer

W.... What?

[youtube]1IwKUKTh_v4[/youtube]

Post July 27th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Originally posted by coasteragent99

I'm definitely looking foward to this. Even if the coasters don't reach NoLimits 2 in terms of realism and accuracy,

well actually we never know how good it will turn out but I sure cant wait myself when both games comes out so maybe I can compare the difference between the two or to see which ones look better. I think both of them will look good in there own ways as far as realism and accuracy. I could be wrong but I think they were ones to come out with a coaster game way before NL and SM existed.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion