Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion a story about me....

a story about me....

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 9th, 2004, 6:02 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

hey. I am bored so I thought I'd tell you all a little story. About half an hour ago I got back home from playing football (soccer) with some mates, we went out and started playing at just after 5 Oclock, we stopped just after quarter past 10. We played solidly, non stop, with no rests for whats that, about 5 hours? yeah. I didn't take a drink with me and it was STUPIDLY hot.....bad idea. First thing I did when I got home was drink down a pint of apple juice in about 5 seconds. The second thing I did was be sick, purely because of how knackered and out of breath I was (you sometimes see army recruits being sick after the army training assault cause in the uk, the most grueling in the world aparently). The worst thing is, the worst is yet to come......when I wake up tomorrow, I am going to get out of bed, stand up and then promtly fall back down to the floor, my legs will kill like a bi-atch and won't be able move around much for a while. The moral of the story peeps:
Don't play football SOLIDLY for 5 hours without drink and the correct sustinance in heats of about 25 degrees C (hot for Engaland [lol])

I play a lot of football, like about 2, 3 hours a day maybe, but not solidly and always with a drink. Dudes, I think I'm gonna be sick again.....[xx(]

Post July 9th, 2004, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Good thing then when I went paintballing last year in 90 degree F heat, no shade, that we stocked up on cases of water. After every game, I drank up a whole bottle and as soon as the next game started, I sweated it all out. Point of this: Drink plenty of water to keep your body going during any sport.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 10th, 2004, 3:22 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
hehe, I know the feeling... The number of times i've been down to the park and not taken a drink! For me its usually a pint of ribena - god I needed the bog after that. Anyway, good to hear some other people play football reguarly - So do I, and some days a bit of tennis too.

Post July 10th, 2004, 8:34 am

Points on hand: 2,644.00 Points

Post July 10th, 2004, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Today i've been up to the park with 3 friends - played a 3 set doubles match of tennis and 2v2 game of football. Turns out we lost track of time and played for 4 hours, and I'd drunk a can of pepsi faster than you can say knackered :p

Return to Off Topic Discussion