Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Coaster Crazy is Awesome, NoLimits Exchange Sucks

Coaster Crazy is Awesome, NoLimits Exchange Sucks

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Dyl User avatar

Points on hand: 463.00 Points
So I discovered this other site with a no limits exchange, literally titled NoLimits Exchange. I liked the site because it had some stuff that wasn't posted on this site. Well their site is a pain in the butt to use and work with. You have to rate so many coasters to be able to keep downloading. I rate on a fairly regular basis to keep my percentage up so I can keep downloading. Well I went in today and when I signed in, it said that I was banned for rating copying. Their rules require that you use 300 characters, not words, in each rate. Well it's hard to keep track of characters. I typically tend to say some of the same stuff in most of my rates because that's usually what I have to say. I'm extremely upset that they've banned me and I thought I would warn people to be careful of their site. Don't trust them because they'll ban you without just cause. I love it here at Coaster Crazy because I can trust that people won't screw me over for no reason. Thank you guys for being so awesome.
This space not for sale.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
People majorly overrate, underate, try to dodge the 300 character requirment, copy ratings, enter other ratings from other coasters that do not work with the coaster that they are currently rating and enter gibberish all the time over there. I see tons of 10 10 10 rating on all the best built coasters from Bassdirt, BirdNerd, and any very experienced coaster creater.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 2:06 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
This is a problem all exchange sites have. Especially now that the interest in NL is slowly fading away the number of active builders and raters has been reduced to almost zero.

While we are not enforcing ratings, it does mean that even world-class coaster get very little ratings and tracks from new users get hardly any feedback that would help that user for it's next coaster.

NL-E decided they want to be able to provide feedback to their users by enforcing other users to rate 1 in 5 tracks they download. The system has it's pro's and con's and I think it's a fair solution.

As for your personal case, if you were accused of copy-n-paste ratings then you are probably guilty even if you don't know it. Meanwhile, feel free to hang out here and you might try to head back to their site if you're a more experienced rater.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,831.90 Points
I need to make another account because of them nolimits excange sucks

Post June 23rd, 2013, 4:33 pm
Dyl User avatar

Points on hand: 463.00 Points
I totally understand the whole rating thing. I'd consider myself an average/mediocre builder. I don't get a whole lot of feed back and I definitely need that. I understand their rating situation and I try to abide by it. I've never copy and pasted my ratings. I always write a new rate. I think the problem is that I'm not very good at details sometimes and so what I say in my rates may seem similar to others rates I've done because I don't know how else to rephrase it. And I'm not even trying to dodge their 300 character rule. It's hard though. I think they need to have a character counter in their rating box so people can keep track. It's hard to tell how many characters a person has used.
This space not for sale.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
CoasterSims > All. This thread can be closed now, mkay

Post June 23rd, 2013, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
Originally posted by Nightmare500

CoasterSims > All. This thread can be closed now, mkay

I kinda wish it could be brought back in some way, shape, or form, unless if it's run by the same folks who run NLE and I'm not allowed there either. Shame I never even got to access it at all while it was still up because I probably first got introduced to No Limits when it was going or gone down. NLE, the one site that was meant to replace that which I never got to experience, and I deliberately posted something that caused a perma-ban (something I don't care to do here). There was a reason my intro topic here was called "starting anew, I guess" and it is related to that. Not that I don't like it here, but hypothetically speaking, if for some reason they changed their minds and let me back in (I don't think they would but if they did), I might, but if I did, I would delete all my existing tracks if they weren't wiped already and start over. NLE also doesn't have a profanity filter, and that's one thing I like about it more than CC. It's not filtering swear words that bothers me so much as when the letters of a blacklisted word are embedded in an innocent word and disfigure it, like this person's name: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=14304
Or when it does that but inside URL's, breaking them.
I'm also torn on whether or not I wish CoasterCrazy had the same rate system as NLE. During the short time I was on NLE I liked having a lot of comments per number of downloads on my rides and generally more thread activity but on CoasterCrazy, while I have a larger number of downloads, I have way fewer comments. I never had a problem with the character requirement on NLE even tho I didn't really like having to rate 1 out of every 5 rides I download, which may be why some rides don't have a lot of downloads. Yet if there was no such policy then there would be a lot more downloads and hardly any feedback. No system is perfect. I kinda liked how professional it seemed, weeding out the n00bs who don't know how to rate.
I dislike those high ratings that leave little justification. Thorough, honest feedback from knowledgeable members is usually more valuable to me than quick snappy comments from people who are more easily impressed. I do like the contest/challenge templates. Those are always fun even if I don't do as well as I'd like.

tl;dr I feel like I have more fun on CoasterCrazy but I'm not really sure why.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
NL-E is full of a lot of tards and pretentious people blended together. But for some reason, it's way more satisfying to release a coaster there and to get good rates. Especially because your coaster will hit the front page and will get lots of downloads/views.

CC tends to be more fun, but it's also really archaic and dead-ish. Here's to hoping NL2 will revive it alongside NL-E. And here's to hoping CC gets the facelift that was teased a year ago.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I don't build any more because people don't even rate or say anything. No motivation to finish anything.

I hope NL2 fixes this. This place used to be amazing

Post June 23rd, 2013, 11:51 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
I'm going to have to partially agree with you, personally I think the rating system has some good in it since it makes sure that people's things get ratings. Unfortunately that makes people post garbage rates just to get the ratio up. I like the site setup and all but most of the people there like AJ said, are tards.

Post June 24th, 2013, 5:32 am
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by AJClarke0912

Especially because your coaster will hit the front page and will get lots of downloads/views.
can i be on le front page[confused][confused][confused]

Post June 24th, 2013, 6:45 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

I don't build any more because people don't even rate or say anything. No motivation to finish anything.

I hope NL2 fixes this. This place used to be amazing

Honestly this game might have some kind of a record for a game "surviving with a community" that isn't multiplayer and lacks some kind of severe in-game modding.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 24th, 2013, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm also hoping that NL2 re-energizes the community. I can see it happening. So many of us, including veteran designers, are stoked for it, and have waited all this time. We won't be able to help building tons of new stuff and wanting to share it!

Post June 24th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

derp, I didn't see this thread till today. My pro opinion, coastercrazy is better than all. Of course, I'm biased [lol]

As for the word filter, when people learn to talk without every other word being a curse word, then the filter will stay.

lock...
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Off Topic Discussion