Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Heide Park Unveils New B&M Wing Coaster

Heide Park Unveils New B&M Wing Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 20th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,014.00 Points

With the ride already under construction, it wasn't much of a secret anymore, but Germany's Heide Park has announced a new B&M Wing Coaster for next season.

The name of the new coaster has not been revealed yet, but the statistics and layout have.

[img.nr]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XkjA4aEKyhE/UhOdJtu-DzI/AAAAAAAAcsw/NdrHiK9jEe8/s1600/HeidePark2014WingCoaster.jpg[/img.nr]

This layout drawing of the new coaster was shown on this German news site, along with some current construction photos of the coaster. From the ride's official website we know that the coaster will be 2,532 feet long, 131 feet tall and hit a maximum speed of 62 miles per hour. The coaster features five inversions and six near miss elements, and will cost over $20 million.

The ride starts with a twisting dive as we've seen on other B&M Wing Coasters, immediately to a promising looking speed bump, followed by an Immelman. A flat spin followed by a helix moves the trains into a new and fun looking element, a combination of two inversions in one in a pretzel like knot. A final helix ends the ride's run.

source

Post August 20th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This is going to be the best Winger yet. I have so much to say about it, especially the tightness of the layout (but a much better execution than Raptor), a low ground AIRHILL RIGHT AFTER THE DIVE DROP. A really cool elevated helix, and an awesome inclined dive-and-roll sequence thing... B&M stepped way outside of their boundaries for this.

Post August 20th, 2013, 5:06 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I can tell that this will be much better than GateKeeper, minus the going over the front gate part.

Post August 20th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
We all say the same things about wing riders ever year, this one will be the best yet, and then every one is terribly dissapointed. This one does look pretty awesome, but I'll hold my opinion until opening day next year and we hear first hand
What are these for?

Post August 20th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I love that the track goes right into the "shop" which I assume is the exit gift shop that riders are forced to walk through. I hope the interaction within the building is awesome, like open and really close to the customers.

Post August 20th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by CKidd

We all say the same things about wing riders ever year, this one will be the best yet, and then every one is terribly disappointing.

...? I don't think anybody was saying that about Fly Over the Rainforest, or Swarm haha. There are like 7 Wing Coasters, so obviously the newest version is going to be the most surprising, refreshing and exciting.

I really think the only highly anticipated Winger that was disappointing was GateKeeper, dude...

Post August 21st, 2013, 1:03 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

oh wow that little hill after the drop looks awesome

Post August 21st, 2013, 2:49 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Swarm probably got a fair bit of coverage here cause we've got a few UK memebers and us getting something decent like that (that doesn't fall apart) can be rare!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 21st, 2013, 7:39 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

This does look good. May make a trip to Germany next year - and do Heide Park and Holiday Park. I went to Heide Park before, but it was back when Colossos had just opened, the park looks quite different now!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions