Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising WILD THING!

WILD THING!

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post October 29th, 2013, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I have redone me Wild Thing recreation. I worked on it for a long time please ride and rate.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/19924
Plantoris

Post October 30th, 2013, 1:14 am

could someone take the time to rate my work and give me some good constructive criticism? out of the people who download here like %1 rate the rides.
Plantoris

Post October 30th, 2013, 3:02 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I rode it, and I will not rate. Here is why
I have never once been on this ride. I do not know how it feels or the technicalities of it. That is a big issue when posting a recreation.
Another issue with recreations is that the ones who do rate SHOULD take it more seriously because every single detail counts, and those who make recreations should make them as such, not as rides similar or based off of them.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 30th, 2013, 9:29 am

if you never been on it then watch a POV video and look at maps/pics. I don't expect everyone that rates it to have been on it before. I just worked hard on it and would like to know what others think of my work so I can try to make my next one better. If nobody rates them then there is no reason to post, or even try hard to make a good ride for that matter.
Plantoris

Post October 30th, 2013, 4:38 pm
Turbo User avatar

you do it for fun, but recreations people take more seriously. I would still not rate because (as I said) I don't know how it feels. When rating a ride that is supposed to be a recreation that detail is crucial, and a POV video wont necessarily do the job.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 30th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I agree 100% with what turbo has said, 9/10 new members dont take constructive criticism too well to begin with so why even try. Also do not post for the ratings post because its fun to do so. Build for yourself, not the numbers
What are these for?

Post October 30th, 2013, 6:17 pm

I do build for myself, but I post to see what others think about it. and if nobody is willing to do even that what is the point, I may as well just make more and not waste the time to upload them. I am not asking for any detailed critique just a "awesome coaster dude" or "a little bumpy". its really not that complicated.
Plantoris

Post October 30th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Turbo User avatar

Originally posted by plantoris

... I may as well just make more and not waste the time to upload them...
I do a lot of that. Most of my rides don't make it past a week or two of work. It sucks, but that's life. The goal is to improve on your imperfections, and if I feel that one of my rides isn't of quality or is lacking then I either put it on hold for later or just scrap the whole idea. If you have a cool ride, or something that's worth uploading then by all means, go ahead. We're not telling you to not upload, I simply explained why you aren't getting a flood of responses with it.

Even though I do feel that the site has diminished quite a bit, it is a recreation and you will get A LOT fewer responses with them for that reason. Those who know the ride well would be able to give you the advice or critique that you seek, however it is rare to come across those people.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post October 31st, 2013, 12:02 am

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
I left you a rate to give you some exposure on the front page, but here are some more thoughts:

This first point summarizes what is wrong with the recreation: WILD THING DOES NOT FIT IN THE NO LIMITS EDITOR!

I was looking to do a recreation a few years back, did a little research into what I was building, and realized that it wasn't possible. Before you even attempt a recreation, gather all the pictures and specs you can. As you're building, look at the pictures and mimic what you see; with the number of POVs on youtube, there's no excuse anymore. "Hill X goes here and is Y feet tall" doesn't fly in 2013. To get an idea of what I mean, go ride the train at Valleyfair. It takes you between the track and road, giving you a beautiful perspective of the camelbacks. Some have straight lead-ins, some are simply curved. This is what you need to incorperate into your rides to make them stand-out.

I'm not going to dive-in with what's inaccurate, because I trust you can find these things on your own. Not tooting my own horn (because I don't consider myself to be anywhere near 'elite' among builders), but realize that when I created Steel Venom, I fiddled with just the launch/brake segments for a whole night. Even with today's standards of "3D-loaded track or bust", a well-built track will earn you respect.

Like others have said above, recreations are work. They're held to a higher standard and usually aren't worth attempting if you're not willing to but that 'extra' work into them. Wait until NoLimits 2's larger editor before attempting another Wild Thing recreation, but keep moving forward. Maybe try a High Roller recreation, since the track shaping will be much simpler. We can compare tracks if I ever finish my recreation ;) #Tease #ShamelessPlug #NotTwitter

Post October 31st, 2013, 2:47 am

thanks for the comments. I'm really glad you took the time to rate and give feedback. I know what you mean about the camelbacks, I focused mostly on the turnaround, that was a bit more complicated. I also had to compromise a bit on length cause its too long to fit(i thaught it would but turned out I was like 200 ft short). That gave me some problems with those camelbacks fitting and the amount of airtime on the first hill.

BTW I got season passes to Valleyfair and go 1-2 times a week, well not anymore :"(
Plantoris

Return to Track Advertising