Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 11th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Hi! I am new here. This is the Intamin Blitz I am working on. I still have to rework some parts of the layout:

-Lower the heartline roll exit.
-Reworking the overbanked direction change seen in the third picture. It currently have a 1 lateral g spike. How much would be the max lateral force it should have?

I'd say the lift to launch part is 90% done. I have already done some rough sketches of the second part, so trackwork should be complete in about 2 weeks (and then I'll find some flaws and will have to rework it again :) . I also want to have extensive theming, so this project will probably take months to finish. Here are some pictures:Image

Last edited by Dapalm on November 12th, 2014, 8:53 am, edited 26 times in total.

Post April 11th, 2014, 4:45 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

The overhead view doesn't look impressive but seeing the side views makes this roller coaster look good. That long section near the end, that's the launch right? That barrel roll looks butter smooth and well heart lined. I am sure with the theme additions you have in mind and some terrain editing, this can turn out to be a very good ride! Thanks for posting the construction of it and sharing it with us :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 12th, 2014, 10:10 am

Thanks. Yes, that's the launch. Also keep in mind that the layout is not finished yet.

I made a quick sketch to show how i want to theme the ride. I hope you get a general idea despite my horrible drawing skills.

Post April 19th, 2014, 4:03 am

Since I couldn't work on the ride this week, I've decided to upload a Pov to show you what I've got at the moment. However I see some problems:

- I am going to change the hill before the heartline roll. I think a zero G roll will be better.
- I think roll rate is too high in the heartline roll. What do you think?
- The ride is very smooth. I will play with the smoothing options in FVD so it has a bit more snap in some transitions.

Please criticise. If you want pictures of any particular element ask for them. I will try to upload them as soon as possible.

Post April 19th, 2014, 1:00 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I can't wait to see if you make the theming you drew, that would look awesome
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 19th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I want or can't wait to see what this track will be like from a tophat over the launch hill. Amazingly smooth in transitions for curves like almost no pumps! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 20th, 2014, 7:49 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks good - did notice the trackwork needed a bit of work at the bottom of the first drop. It was a noticeable pump :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 20th, 2014, 9:26 am

Thank you.
^^^ It will take lots of time, but I hope to get there.
^^ Hopefully I'll have some new things to show this week.
^ Are you referring to the change in roll speed? If so, I think Maverick does the same. It starts turning slow for a few meters and then it has a very quick transition.

Post April 20th, 2014, 10:33 am
mkingy User avatar

In my opinion Maverick still maintains a consistent roll (which has an increased roll rate towards the end) whereas this rides as if it has 2 separate roll transitions, or it might be because it doesn't seem like the pullout to the drop is as well shaped as it might need to be.
Coaster Count - 198

Post April 21st, 2014, 9:14 pm

Edit: I have found a FVD problem while working in my coaster. I deleted a section (the turn going to the station was section 1 instead of last section) and my track changed. Now few parts collide. Has anyone experienced something like that before?

Anyway the layout you see is the final one. Just have to solve the problem and shape it correctly. What do you think?

Last edited by Dapalm on April 22nd, 2014, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
THIS LOOKS AWESOME. I love the tophat over the lift system. Also the layout is SO Intaminy; interwoven sine hills and figure 8's in a perfect fashion. The only thing that looks a bit sketchy to me is the Stengel dive in the second half. The entering rotation and exiting rotation both look a little too rapid.

Thanks. Yes, they were too fast. It is fixed now. Ok, so I've finished the layout. Next will be theming.
Lenght: 1355m
Max elevation change: 43m
Max Speed: 105km/h
Max G-Force: 4.9G/-1.5G
4 Inversions
8 Airtime moments (9 if you count the Inverted Zero G Stall)

Supports are only for placement. I won't do them until all the theming is done. Track on the Inverted Zero G Stall is 2 tube for theming.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

^ Thank you.

So I'm slowly starting to theme the ride. I couldn't use the computer this week, so i did some planning. First,some artwork. Does anyone guess which part of the ride is it?

Then I have this two ideas for the mountain. A complete mountain or two mountains joined by the lift (Expedition Everest style). Which one do you like better?

And last, a plan for the rest of the park. It will be themed to continents. I don't know if you can read anything in it, but since it will probably change a lot if complete it is just for showing my ideas for it.

BTW, I will probably get NL2 this next month. Can't wait!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow your coaster plans do rock, just as some photos of big rocks amaze me! :D Are you going to build anything in the ocean part like the sea city "Sicily"?
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Well, I didn't plan anything for it, but it could be a good setting for an Atlantis themed area with an Aquatrax.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Ok, so work in scenery has started. It is still a huge wip. Texture is only for showing.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
looks almost like a sphinx but in a more natural formation
What are these for?

Thank you guys. But... I was checking the pictures I uploaded yesterday and I wasn't satisfied with the mountain. So here is V2.0.

And this one is a render that went wrong. But it kinda looks like there is grass and plants and the mountain, and that is the idea I had for the finished mountain.

Which version do you prefer?

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
looks like an oversized german Shepard now honestly, still looks great thats just what I see in my head
What are these for?

mkingy User avatar

Second rock feels more realistic in my opinion, but then I'm no geologist!
Coaster Count - 198

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea I agree, the 2nd mountain looks much better than the 1st, it looks more Volcano ish at KD to me which I love the look of!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hi actual geologist here. Second pic is much better than the first (grey) set of rocks. Also the first set looks a bit too "Lion King" to me. Remember to make it your creation and not everyone elses ;)
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area