Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
looks like an oversized german Shepard now honestly, still looks great thats just what I see in my head

I could see the sphinx in the first mountain, but i can't see a dog in this one. Well, maybe the ears. Thanks.
mkingy wrote:
Second rock feels more realistic in my opinion, but then I'm no geologist!

TTD03 wrote:
Yea I agree, the 2nd mountain looks much better than the 1st, it looks more Volcano ish at KD to me which I love the look of!

Thanks
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Hi actual geologist here. Second pic is much better than the first (grey) set of rocks. Also the first set looks a bit too "Lion King" to me. Remember to make it your creation and not everyone elses ;)

I wasn't inspired by it, but I've searched a pic of it now and I can see they are similar. My inspirations are from real parks rockwork. Thank you.

Another update. Side pic:

Works continues in the mountain. Ther will be an artificial splash in that small lake.

And the last pic of the week:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

^ Thank you.

Well, I don't have a lot of time to work on the ride lately, so I uploaded an old POV of the full layout. Keep in mind that this video is from an older version (my computer didn't want to record a new video today), so:

- The last s-hill doesn't pass tunnel test. It is fixed by now. But I'm thinking about changing it for a Stengel Dive. Thoughts?
- I didn't want to show a floating track, so i added some prefabs. They will be replaced for custom supports in the completed version.
- The ride doesn't fit the terrain. Don't worry, it will.

Tell me all the flaws you see. I still can change the ride without having to modify the scenery I've done heavily. And, which program do you use to convert your videos for uploading them to Youtube? And which format? This video is only 1 minute long, but it is already 700mb. Is it fine? Thanks in advance.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, youtube will auto compress it for you when it gets on the site, you'll just have a long upload time to deal with. Also, what format is the video in? NL team says .wmv videos stream the best on youtube.
If you need a converter program, try Prism Video Converter, I've been using it for years and it works great.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This looks so epic, I love the 3D overhanging mountain, it's really fitting for that drop.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Hi actual geologist here.

Didn't see that one coming!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Hi actual geologist here.
Didn't see that one coming!

Me neither!
Last edited by TTD03 on May 12th, 2014, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^ Thank you. My video is in mp4. I'll try that program next time.
^^ Thanks GerstlCrazy.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

This week I'm planning how the queue line should be, so I added the most important buildings as reference (without detailing them, just the basic shape). Here are a few renders. Keep in mind that everything is a wip. This is only the beginning.

Under that inversion will be the entrance to the ride. It's is going to be an hybrid between Indiana Jones style camp and this:

Will add some more details, a Jeep, some crates... The sign will be carved into stone and the crane will act as a ride support. Finally an overview:

Let's explain the numbers:

1 Entrance
2 Big temple. It hide a hill and part of the queue will be inside
3 Camp. Part of the tents will be full with objects found in the temples (tresaures, totems...) Something like this:

4 Zig-zag queue line inside the building. The building will be made following this one:

5 Small temple. Same as number 2
6 Reonstruction-excavation work. Will cover the hill and the brake run
7 Station. Building in a similar way as number 4. Will cover the transfer track. The two temples are the two stations.
8 Two towers joined by a bridge. They cover the inverted Zero G Stall and its support structure. The towers will be similar to the one in the picture mentioned above, but without windows. A flame coming from the mountain will surprise riders.

Well, that's everything for now. Ideas for objects to be placed in the queue line are welcome. Thanks

Edit: forgot this one:

Last edited by Dapalm on May 15th, 2014, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Damn dude you're planning this seriously lol. POV and your plans look great.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I like how this is turning out - reminds me of an old NL coaster called Atlas or something that had "complete themeing" and was a really good ride because of it. Make sure you back your work up somewhere!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

^^^ Thank you. Yes, This really helps to get an idea of what's going to look fine and what not. Makes you save a lot of time.
^^ Thanks TTD03
^ I remember Atlas. I have great respect for his creator (Crazycoaster). He always theme his rides to the max and he does his scenery with Object Creator, which is amazing. Thank you.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yes, make sure you back up often, you don't want to be like this guy.
post343466.html
It's unfortunate cause it was looking really good too!

I'm keeping few copies in an external hard drive and in a virtual hard drive. It happens too often, this morning I lost the progress I had done (it wasn't much, about 30minutes, but it gets me mad). I'm very sad about that guy. I really liked that project. Fortunately, he has been able to recover part of it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, why do the best tracks always get plagued with computer issues!

I've made an artwork showing the trains:

Theme explanation: They are high tech vehicles designed to explore the temples and the mountain.

The real trains will have 3 cars of 4 seats, plus the last car seen in the picture which is for the sound system. Part of this car will be the motor of the trains and the other part is storage. The trains will have lap bars, modeled after the ones found in the new Intamin 10 inversions coasters (like the one at Cinecitta World). I have thinked of turning the back seats of each car backwards (like Invertigo trains), but I'm not sure. Do you think a backwards launch would be comfortable?

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

that really depends on the launch force
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. Right now it is 1.5G

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Yeah that would be a bit much. Kingda Ka is 1.67..

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Can you start the launch earlier, end it later, or otherwise reduce the force? When you consider the force of some fast stops on coasters with lapbars (SROS, for example, pick any of the 3)...that *might* not be terrible. Still seems like it's pushing it. Also a smooth onset would be very important especially with higher forces. Check the force graph on NLE though to make sure.

^ I think I'll go with the normal trains and save the backwards concept for a future family coaster. This coaster is too intense. Although B:TR is pretty intense and run backwards, it's way shorter. Thanks anyway.
BTW, here is a small tutorial about how I do my rockwork. I do it in Max, but I think you can do it in any modelling program and even without modelling anything:

This is what I do for creating a mountain:
- Create a rock. Clone it a few times
- Scale the rock to bigger size. Make the shape of the mountain with big rocks
- Scale and rotate few rocks. This will make the illusion that not all of the rocks are the same. Cover the mountain you've created with them
- Once you are satisfied with the result, cut the rocks for removing unused geometry. I don't know if you can make this in Sketchup. In Max I use a tool called Proboolean
-Texture it. You can find textures of almost everything for free in CGtextures
-Setting LOD's. I don't know how you do it in Sketchup.

And that's it. It is not difficult, just take a bit of time.

This tutorial may help you. It's what I do but for RCT3:

http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?topic=1214.0

And i you don't want/know how to create a rock you could use this, or download one in the sketchup warehouse:

Http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... onID=173p5

You can get good results with them, as seen in this topic:

Http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... =1#Item_30

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, while backwards would be cool, something like this would be a bit much for it.
Although I have always wanted to have a backwards Kingda Ka train, that would be cool.

^ I still have to try Kingda Ka forward. Hopefully, I will get to try the new accelerator at Port Aventura when it opens. Not as tall as Kingda Ka, but close.

So... Another sketch. Last one, I promise:

Last edited by Dapalm on May 20th, 2014, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area