Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Nordland - Turbo (Unfinished Release)

[NL2] Nordland - Turbo (Unfinished Release)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Well I can't make a proper bridge only with the cement texture unfortunately, so wood will need to be used to replicate it.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
In construction you'd use a reinforced concrete slab to span the gap (working as a composite beam). It's perhaps over designed with that many I beams of that size for a pedestrian bridge but meh. Small details that nobody but me will notice :P
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Turbo User avatar

Sup guys

So in todays update, I have a few things to show.

Firstly, the bridges are done. I decided on reinforced concrete.

The I-Beams are mainly for show. I could lower their amount to 2 instead of 4 but that'd be the limit. Feedback on that would be nice.

This support scares me, but there's really no other way to support it.

Oh man I love my fences so far.

The short fences are 1.4M or 4.5Ft tall. I took the height and general design from Air and made a few little tweaks to them.

I made a modular track fencing system that is 2.4M or 7.8 Ft tall. It looks great and works pretty much anywhere. I think I'm going to line most of the path with those, idk just yet.

What do you guys think? what kind of fence should I use to line the main path? any improvements to be made on the fences or supports?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think the smaller fences look better
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo User avatar

So something like this? Just to be clear this will be for the main path that goes up to fenrir and through the "battlefield" (The path name lol) where Valkyries fly

Air has been a HUGE inspiration for this ride and I noticed the bigger modular fences when the train runs closer to the ground than normal during the ride, although they use the smaller quite a bit as well.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I just think the small ones are more aesthetically pleasing, especially in a large quantity, but if you want to go with realism I would use the big one where you need to for safety reasons
What are these for?

Turbo User avatar

Okay :) There's really only two places where the big ones are needed, so that should be nice :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Agreed - big ones for safety places - else its just overkill :)
Coaster Count - 198

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
I like the small ones too. Nothing better than seeing the ride with nothing blocking your view.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^Agreed, don't let gates and fences and trees get in the way of a good ride view, cough cough Kingda Ka cough cough.

Turbo User avatar

Here's a quick little update for you guys. Nothing too special, but progress none the less

I changed the exit path so it wasn't a 20 degree grade lol, kinda needed to be done and I had the room to do it

This is how the path looks while on it

The fences are looking nice and making them is decently easy. What do you guys think so far?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

I approve - bar that support in the center of the last picture! Also are you going to fence off the support footers or leave them be?
Coaster Count - 198

Turbo User avatar

From what I've seen on Air when it does its similar element I will leave them be. Example below

Today's update will be shorter and text based. This is the list of things I need to complete still:
  • Merchandise (shop already complete)
  • Transfer Catwalks (Unless the NL Dev Team fixes them before I upload [doubtful])
  • Park Base
  • Path Reworking (Fencing, Vending Machines, Benches, Garbage Bins)
  • Queue (Sign, Handrails, Possible Building[s])
  • Station Reworking
  • Foresting
  • Post Terra Painting
Just a cool note: Everything on the list and everything added so far has been made using only the NL2 Editor. I may be adding something that was not though and I think I want to keep that a secret for now seeing as I do not yet know if I will be adding it.

I do not know what to do with this part however. Originally I had a catwalk there, but I took it out and am unsure if I want to replace it. What do you guys think?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

mkingy User avatar

I was referring to the support that appears to only have one leg - might be the angle though as the footer looks weirdly sunk into the ground.
Coaster Count - 198

Turbo User avatar

lol the support only had one leg at the time. I was mid support when I realized I needed to fence that area first to make it look nice and now it looks nice with a complete support :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo User avatar

Turbo wrote:
I do not know what to do with this part however. Originally I had a catwalk there, but I took it out and am unsure if I want to replace it. What do you guys think?

Can I get some input on this please? I'd really appreciate it :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
hard to tell what the setup is from that angle. it looks like there is a break in the catwalk for maybe 50 feet? I would say have it continue. it always seems weird to me when the catwalk stops and starts again soon after.
Plantoris

Turbo User avatar

Here's another shot

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Catwalk all the way to the shed, keep the handrails outside of any moving parts!
Coaster Count - 198

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, you need catwalks, especially for a transfer section.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area