Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Nordland - Turbo (Unfinished Release)

[NL2] Nordland - Turbo (Unfinished Release)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Quick little update

I made this little buddy for the younger kids and adults too! Meet Warrior

Eventually Warrior will be embedded into trees as the rest of the park is.

As for the park, Nordland is progressing quite well. Most of Valkyrie's fencing is done and the park now has a spot for the entrance. I think I know where the next expansion will be and where the park restrooms and shops will be as well.

I plan on adding at least one more "big" coaster (probably a vekoma something) to this park and probably 2-3 flat rides, although I will not be building the flatrides myself. So, who would like their name on this project? I want this park as real as possible so you have to be willing to put lots of detail into your flatrides all while making the frame impact as low as possible.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I feel like that little bump after the lift hill turn on the kiddie coaster shouldn't be there? Seems weird to me.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Meh kiddie coasters are badly designed in general anyway. I agree, but I'm not sure its particulary detrimental? Interesting that it has a mini brake run - don't they normally just have station brakes?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Oh from experience, I know they aren't designed well, but that bump just seems a bit over the top for me.
But idk.
Yea, most kiddie coasters if not all don't have a brake run, interesting that this does, fancy :P

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Well, long time I didn't check this, and it is looking better than ever. I'm not sure about the kiddie coaster. It's too simple. Maybe making a Vekoma Roller Skater clon? It has a much interesting layout. Edit: you can't find two top views of two different layouts of it, if you want: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vekoma_Junior_Coaster

Turbo User avatar

There was almost no room for a coaster in the little spot I placed it, so I had to improvise a unique layout. The little bump isn't felt too much in the front but the back feels it pretty well. As for the brakes it's more of a trim brake. The turn directly after is very sharp and the ride has too much speed running through it during it's 3 laps around he track. I didn't want 3 lims there I wanted 1 or 2, but I couldn't get the count down :( It doesn't really matter though, the kiddie coaster is more for aesthetics anyway lol.

As for my next addition: I was actually thinking of a custom Vekoma Junior Coaster.Good suggestion/guess Dapalm! Just know that idea isn't final lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo User avatar

Quick update again, the ride is nearly fully supported! I just need to do one more support then supports are done, however I need to do the catwalk into the storage area first. :( It's really going to suck.

So firstly, I added the onride camera

The image will be fed into the shop which is just after the camera. I got a really nice fly by over it

The next two things were station supports. These were a little tricky to make but came out nicely

and finally, the end of the ride shot. You can see I've started to prepare the catwalks to be made. I'm really going to hate making this set, it's in a really awkward position...

As usual, comments and questions are always appreciated

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I like the camera, you should try to get a script in there that when the train passes a trigger, the camera will flash a white light just like the real thing.

Turbo User avatar

Shouldn't be hard to script, however I'm trying to keep everything minimalistic for the ride. If after I'm done with everything else I'll add the flash

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, I didn't think the flash would be very difficult. Since I am a noob at scripting, how would one script a flash :P?

Turbo User avatar

Time it with a track trigger (or a set for each car) and have it turn on and off quickly once the train passes the trigger.

I haven't done this yet, but I've been meaning to set up triggers and play with them for a while now.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Another small update: The entirety of the supports are now complete. Here was the final progress on them:

I wanted to make this

and got this

Should I make some of my supports thinner? Not for the catwalks, but for the actual track. I've been looking at Air and it's supports are a tad thinner than mine in areas. As usual, thoughts, comments, and concerns are always appreciated.

EDIT: for comments about the supports, please look through the thread to see the tracks supporting.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Just keep them and say it's for earthquakes or something
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Turbo User avatar

lol. anyone else? thoughts?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
i think they look good... maybe a little terrain adjusting to match tastu?

Turbo User avatar

I have plans for the area, you don't need to worry about it :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Turbo User avatar

Valkyrie:
  • Path Reworking (Vending Machines, Benches, Garbage Bins)
  • Queue (Sign, Handrails, Possible Building[s])
  • Station Reworking
  • Foresting
  • Post Terra Painting

Nordland:
  • Dvergrfell
  • Guardian
  • Expedition
  • Flat Rides
I have now officially named the park. Nordland has been this whole project's codename for me for a while now and it has a nice ring to it especially because of the theming. The English names for rides should only be temporary, and as you can see I have added a few things to the lists of things to add. I'll tell you if you guess the rides right.

As for the update, all of the supports are now complete and each catwalk is done. This last one was really tricky to do, but I got it finally.

As usual, comments, thoughts, concerns, and suggestions are all encouraged and appreciated.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Everything is coming together quite nicely!

Turbo wrote:
Time it with a track trigger (or a set for each car) and have it turn on and off quickly once the train passes the trigger.

I haven't done this yet, but I've been meaning to set up triggers and play with them for a while now.

Ah ok.

Turbo User avatar

SUPER small update, I've begun making park things. These are the restrooms lol

I made a mistake when building and I will be making the main support beams stand out a bit more. I'm also trying to decide if I want to make the little figures in the blue circles, but because of the project size I don't think that'll be happening.

What building or scenery object should I make next for the park?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
I think that a restaurant would be nice, maybe with some tables outside, if it's not too hard to make with supports.

I am loving this project, however I think that the colour scheme of the kiddie coaster could be a bit brighter though. Maybe a green or something, since most kiddie rides are brightly coloured to make them more appealing to kids. Just a bit more colour in general with buildings and fences ect. I'm not sure if you are aiming for it to go with the theme, but the park feels quite dark at the moment. I think that you are doing an awesome job!

Turbo User avatar

I could try a restaurant, have modular tables and such.

As for the kiddie coaster, honestly it's more of an afterthought. I may change the color after I build the rest of the park, but not until then. I want to make sure it still fits in the theme after I've set up everything else.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I was thinking you can do this for your bathroom signs.

gun & radies.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area