Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
^ I have always wanted to animate a coaster in 3dsMax,and this is a good coaster to start. However I won't animate it yet. I want to finish the other proyect. This week I will only work in making the environment (paths, queue, buildings, trees...) and setting lighting and materials. I also have to make the track a bit smaller, but that's 5 minutes work. I'll start animating it by the time I start making the custom trains for the other project, since both Zacspin and Blitz trains use similar seats. I plan to make a small park in Max, with this and other coaster models I'be made, but won't be finished anytime soon.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Dapalm I presume animation / 3D modelling is something you're interested (or currently are) in a a career sort of way? You seem pretty clued in and clearly have talent!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Nope, it's just a hobby. I like it because it let me do everything I can't do in real life. As for my career... Well, I will start studying engineering next year, so who knows if I will be able to build some of this one day...

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Have you backed up this project, plus the other bigger project?

I haven't make enough progress in this one, but I have three different copies of my main project that I save frequently: one in my computer, one in an external hard drive and one in a virtual hard drive.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I couldn't work a lot on this, since I wasn't home and was using a laptop where I can't install 3dsMax (Mac), but I installed Sketchup (so many years without using it) and planned out the new buildings. I used Vray demo to make a render:

That building with the tower is where the coaster is placed, the tower covers the lift. The big building next to the path is a restaurant. Last day I was home I worked on lightning, and turned really good. I took a render of it, but I saved it in a wrong format and lost a lot of quality. I will render it tonight and will update this post. Thanks for watching.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Thank you.

Here is the render I promised. Wanted to upload it before, but it took a lot to render (I hate my computer).

The same view of the old render but with improved lighting,trees and a bit of work on the supports. I don't know if I will be able to complete the scene as I had envisioned, but I'm trying my best to optimize it. My main problem is vegetation, which is a big problem, because it gives a lot of realism to the scene. I will be able to put some trees, as you can see, but I wanted to put grass. My computer runs out of memory everytime I try to render the scene with grass on it. But I still have some tricks, and if no one of them works I will change the terrain type. Also, I am not done with lighting yet. Please comment.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

The render looks fantastic aesthetically, buuuuut...........

[coming from a guy who loves them and has been on this model] My issue with the render is the zacspin trackwork. The bunny hill after the second drop bugs me, it's a bit too squished. I'd pull it out by 1-2 meters and raise it about .5 meters. Then the pull up after the first half loop (technically second, but whatever lol) is a bit too sharp on both the ascending angle and the leveling out angle. after that looks great so far from what I can see
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo User avatar

^Attention To Detail NAZI

FTFY
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

The track is accurate to the blueprint in the Intamin webpage. But anyway, I'm interested in making it look good, track is not that important here.

mkingy User avatar

Looks good.

If I were to detail nitpick the roof texture looks odd as

a) it appears to be orientated wrong by 90 degrees in places (front face)
b) you have nothing to hold the stones in place - it would need something solid undernearth it like timber or steel panels or precast concrete section.

Looks like you're missing a couple of supports at the bottom right as per this image I guess you might not have completed the supports though by your comment.

Supports could definitely do with some flanges as well to improve the realism.

The trees look really fantastic though, the whole scene looks like its coming together well!
Coaster Count - 198

Thank you. Don't worry about buildings and textures. As I said I'm goingg to change them (see the SketchUp concept). This is just a scene for trying things without lot of render time (and it's an hour and a half). As for supports, they aren't finished, and I will put flanges, LIMs and other technical stuff.

Good news, I have found a method to render grass. It's not perfect, but it is better than just flat ground. With some tweaking it could look pretty nice. BTW, which lighting do you prefer?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks awesome! Love the Zacspin
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Turbo User avatar

Love the grass, I was wrong about the zacspin, might have been the previous angle, in the new pic it looks quite accurate

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

It is very nice looking and it looks accurate as well. Great job Dapalm :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

Update: I have finished the station and one of the other building (a restaurant). I still have to do some changes (pavement, coaster materials...), and adding some new things as well, but I think I will finish it next wednesday.

There won't be animation since my computer can't handle it. So next week I will be back with my main project.

mkingy User avatar

Really good work - love the attention to detail with the spanning supports on the roof! Looking forward to you continuing with your nmain project however!
Coaster Count - 198

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thank you guys :) Will get back to it at some point and finish it.

Next week I will make a big update on the Blitz. I have started working on the station and entry of the ride. If I can optimize the 3ds enough I will make a Mexican village surrounding the Mayan part (for those who have been there think of Port Aventura Mexico zone). Well, until then here is a render I've made to test my new computer.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area