Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Jersey Devil, an epic woodie for Great Adventure!

[NL2] Jersey Devil, an epic woodie for Great Adventure!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
PICTURES AND TRACK DOWNLOAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Direct link to the unveiling post: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/a-couple-hints-about-my-next-project-t33113-25.html#p344988

This is an original coaster that's designed in an unusual way for NL2: It's made to fit into an existing land area of an existing park, so that the park could potentially build the coaster as-is. It's still very early on in development, too early to show the whole thing. the layout is only finished up to the MCBR and no terrain work has been done. All I'm going to post right now are two pictures.

The first is the overlay I'm using, which came right out of Google Earth. It should be pretty easy to figure out what park it's from. If you're planning to use it yourself, the scale is 1.48947 ft/pixel.

Now, without further ado, the first look at the coaster:

Notice the block names shown on the control panel. That's your first hint of the coaster's signature feature, which has never been done before as far as I know. When the rest of the layout is finished to my satisfaction, I'll post the track itself and lots more pictures here!
Last edited by Dusso Janladde on June 13th, 2014, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Intriguing! Do you have any elevation data for that area that you're going to mimic or will you just guess?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

mkingy wrote:
Intriguing! Do you have any elevation data for that area that you're going to mimic or will you just guess?

It's pretty flat as far as I know. I'm basically going to keep things pretty level for the land and lower it for the lake. The coaster won't actually go over the water but it will run right along the edge of it for a ways.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Looks like it will be a great ride!
And the map is of Great Adventure, I recognize the concert dome thing and the log flume :P

TTD03 wrote:
Looks like it will be a great ride!
And the map is of Great Adventure, I recognize the concert dome thing and the log flume :P

You got it! Here's a view of the park with the ride area highlighted:

And yes, it's going to be huge and spread out, sort of like Nitro. The track length from the unloading station to the MCBR (all that's done so far) is already 3700 feet.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wish your plan could go well! SFGA coasters with twisty elements seen in this map are large! Hard competition with them! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, GA has so much room to expand, especially in the area you have highlighted, I hope they expand to this area in the future themselves!

TTD03 wrote:
Yea, GA has so much room to expand, especially in the area you have highlighted, I hope they expand to this area in the future themselves!

Also, I figured out that GA in its entirety will fit in NL2's work space, but just barely. I think it would be awesome if we all collaborated on a full park recreation, with different people doing different coasters and stuff. I've already got Kingda Ka (but not the station/queue/scenery...yet) ready to go for it!

Also, one more shot of the coaster, this time it's the storage tracks with the trains on them. The FBR will run right alongside them but isn't there yet.
That is 56 Timberliner cars all together, probably the most you're likely to see on one coaster. Four trains means separate loading and unloading stations, and the reason for having them ties in with the signature feature I hinted at earlier. The colors may seem weird, but they're taken directly from the Flag of New Jersey!

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
Before the pic finished loading or read the entire accompanying text, I was picturing one train with 56 Timberliner cars, reminding me of something like this:
Speaking of which:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
I think it would be awesome if we all collaborated on a full park recreation, with different people doing different coasters and stuff.

If we do that, I want Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train. Tho I think the hardest part of that would be figuring out how many cars per train it has.

SkyArrow wrote:
Before the pic finished loading or read the entire accompanying text, I was picturing one train with 56 Timberliner cars, reminding me of something like this:
Speaking of which:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
I think it would be awesome if we all collaborated on a full park recreation, with different people doing different coasters and stuff.

If we do that, I want Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train. Tho I think the hardest part of that would be figuring out how many cars per train it has.

One train of 20 cars, the longest by far in the park. El Toro is second for length, Nitro is second for number of cars per train. It's too bad the coaster model isn't in NL2.

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Sure you don't want to stick to Six Flags tradition and just build it on the car park?

TheArchitect wrote:
Sure you don't want to stick to Six Flags tradition and just build it on the car park?

LOL, this is a story-driven ride, the story takes place in the woods next to Great Adventure, not in its parking lot! I've already revealed its name (on the control panel in the first screenshot) which is a huge hint as to what the story's about!

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Parking lot roller coaster is more realistic for Six Flags :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

mkingy User avatar

Dusso Janladde wrote:
TheArchitect wrote:

LOL, this is a story-driven ride, the story takes place in the woods next to Great Adventure, not in its parking lot! I've already revealed its name (on the control panel in the first screenshot) which is a huge hint as to what the story's about!

Omg Jersey Shore themed ride?

featuring Vinny 'The Devil' Guadagnino??
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I'm ALWAYS on board with real-life land plot ideas for parks. This one looks like a realistic area of land to build on, I'm just worried about it being too similar to El Toro at this moment. GAdv could REALLY use a more out of control wooden experience though, so I look forward to more.

I'm also really on board with those long ass trains!

I just read all of your posts more thoroughly! Count my interest as piqued, man, I'm loving it all. The Jersey Devil name, the colors of the flag, and I'm interested in seeing the whole signature element, and how the separate loading stations ties in with it.

GerstlCrazy wrote:
I'm ALWAYS on board with real-life land plot ideas for parks. This one looks like a realistic area of land to build on, I'm just worried about it being too similar to El Toro at this moment. GAdv could REALLY use a more out of control wooden experience though, so I look forward to more.

I'm also really on board with those long ass trains!

I just read all of your posts more thoroughly! Count my interest as piqued, man, I'm loving it all. The Jersey Devil name, the colors of the flag, and I'm interested in seeing the whole signature element, and how the separate loading stations ties in with it.

Oh, don't worry. The first half has a 90-degree banked turn and a few that come close to it, and I'm planning on at least one inversion for the second half. The signature feature is actually two things combined: One that's never been done before to my knowledge that you'd most likely expect to find on a Disney coaster, and one that is common on steel coasters but has never been done before on a woodie... as far as I know.

Also, it currently works out to have a 50 second dispatch interval. That may change once the second half of the track is in place, but as of now, with 28 seats to a train, it has a capacity of 2016 guests per hour. That's way more than even Nitro, and with the simplicity of the Timberliner lapbars, this thing will chew through lines like no other. I'm a real stickler for timing my coasters precisely, as you can see in my Kingda Ka recreation: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/kingda-ka-recreation-t33015.html
Last edited by Dusso Janladde on June 10th, 2014, 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

TheArchitect wrote:
A reverse section that goes into a cobra roll?!

Here's your hint: Gravity Group specifically said that Timberliners are capable of this. There isn't one on any real wooden coaster yet.

As for the other part of the signature feature, the hint is in the block names on the control panel in the first screenshot. This is the part that I don't think has ever been done before at all.

mkingy User avatar

mkingy wrote:
Launched Woodie!

EDIT: Source

Yes. Think Maverick but more deceptive to the riders.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Nice catch mkingy.
Can't wait to see this coaster, kinda reminds me of what KI does with the Beast, having it in the woods and all.
Dusso Janladde wrote:
mkingy wrote:
Launched Woodie!

EDIT: Source

Yes. Think Maverick but more deceptive to the riders.

Sounds awesome!

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Dusso Janladde wrote:
Also, it currently works out to have a 50 second dispatch interval.

HA, a Six Flags roller coaster with a 50 second station time. Must be a fantasy coaster :lol:

Points on hand: 283.00 Points
Bank: 800.00 Points
I'm assuming that the other feature is disguising the MCBR as a fake final BR, followed by a fake station that actually contains a launch or something?
6 out of every 10 Reese's Pieces are actually Reese's Fragments in disguise.

bigjoe97 wrote:
I'm assuming that the other feature is disguising the MCBR as a fake final BR, followed by a fake station that actually contains a launch or something?

Exactly. It will pause for 5 seconds in the fake unload station then launch out. And that's also why there's a real unloading-only station, to make it as similar as possible to the fake one and keep the riders guessing.

The station building is actually a separate coaster with its track set to invisible, as this actually a brake segment rather than a station. The safari would be just to the right of this fake station, you could easily see into it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
Also, it currently works out to have a 50 second dispatch interval.

HA, a Six Flags roller coaster with a 50 second station time. Must be a fantasy coaster :lol:

LOL!
Dusso Janladde wrote:
bigjoe97 wrote:

Exactly. It will pause for 5 seconds in the fake unload station then launch out. And that's also why there's a real unloading-only station, to make it as similar as possible to the fake one and keep the riders guessing.

The station building is actually a separate coaster with its track set to invisible, as this actually a brake segment rather than a station. The safari would be just to the right of this fake station, you could easily see into it.

This is going to be such an amazing coaster!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area