Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion A Troop Of Echoes - The Longest Year On Record

A Troop Of Echoes - The Longest Year On Record

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Thought I'd share this as it's sort of coaster related and I think some people might find it interesting. My friends in A Troop Of Echoes just put out an incredible new album which I contributed artwork for. They're a 4 piece instrumental rock + sax group out of Providence, RI and have been working on this album for well over a year, tracking 130+ hours of material. I'm not sure how to not come off as biased but this thing is seriously amazing if you're into instrumental/post rock at all, especially stuff like Do Make Say Think and Tortoise. They just left for a midwest and Canada run so if they come through your area go check them out, and be sure to talk to them after their set because they are some of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. Their album is up for free on Bandcamp, and they also have CDs and vinyl will be coming in the very near future.

http://atroopofechoes.bandcamp.com/
http://atroopofechoes.com/
tour dates: https://www.facebook.com/events/1421038664839998/

the coaster is Zippin Pippin at Bay Beach, and the physical copies have a couple other pictures of the ride as well. My favorite song on it is track 3, Arecibo.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

That's cool :) Hey Freddie, how's Boulder Dash coming along?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Yep, like I said the physical copies have a couple other images as well:

Back

vinyl insert

The CD print has a different image but I don't think that one is online anywhere. You'll have to pick up a copy for that :P

Turbo, I haven't had any time for Boulder Dash. Too much work and photography right now.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That's cool. Lol, was kinda hoping progress had been made on Boulder, but I figured none had been made :P

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Please keep us updated, I'd love to see it progress :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

I work full time and shoot bands ever night, so my amount of computer time is very limited, and when I have some it's usually processing photos. I've been messing with some methods of building BD's track (lots of bouncing between NL2, NL1, and different versions of FVD++) because NL2's editor just doesn't work for CCIs, but I just haven't come up with anything solid or efficient. I have a feeling that many different parts of the ride are going to have to be "custom" with different methods for different sections. I just haven't had time to actually figure it out.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to Off Topic Discussion