Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 [NL2] Destroid: Released!

[NL2] Destroid: Released!

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post June 29th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

No I see them :) They look awesome!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post June 30th, 2014, 12:11 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Everything's fine for me :) Those textures look really clear!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

I see them too, and they look great! I wish I had discovered this thread earlier, that ride looks awesome with all that scenery! I can't wait to see the finished product :D

Post June 30th, 2014, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
I can see them. It is incredible, so glad that you managed to recover the files! The scenery is amazing!

Points on hand: 1,451.00 Points
Hey guys, how would you feel about a private beta test for CC members? You guys have been the most active, positive community towards my Destroid postings, and I feel that should be rewarded somehow. I'm currently contemplating giving you guys a closed, CC exclusive version of Destroid in its current state. I'm in need of some true critiquing as the ride nears its finishing touches (still about a month of work ahead, though).

Post July 3rd, 2014, 1:35 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 3rd, 2014, 3:51 am

Post July 3rd, 2014, 7:41 am
mkingy User avatar

Post July 3rd, 2014, 10:21 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I'll test it :D I'm on a laptop and will have bad framerates but can still provide some feedback about it :P
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 3rd, 2014, 12:06 pm

E-mails with the download link are rolling out. PLEASE NOTE: The ride is NOT complete! It is far from complete!

I ask that all of those who I provide with a link PLEASE drop genuine constructive criticism in this thread.

Thank you all very much for your support.

Post July 3rd, 2014, 2:41 pm

First of all, I love this and am really excited to see it when it is complete!

There were a number of things that I really liked, especially the buildings and other 3ds elements.
I thought that the animated TV screens on along the queue line were an amazing touch, and really helped set the theme.
The occasional bit of sound/music in the background was also a very interesting but effective addition, and made it really immersive
The actual coaster had a unique and pretty interesting layout, and I really liked the pre-lift and lift segment.

I'm sure that a lot of these improvements you are already planning on working on, but I will share them anyway:
I'm not sure if you were going for the full gerstlauer experience, but there were a few sharp jolts in the track, an especially sharp one coming out of the immelman after the MCBR. Some of the track could do with some smoothing.
Some of the scaling of the 3d's felt off. The fences and benches were very low in the main plaza area, and the celling in the queue line was also quite low. I think that the person in no limits is meant to be about 5ft 8, so the low ceiling would cause problems for people much taller
The vegetation felt poor, I am sure that you are working on it, but there was a lack of grass and trees especially in the surrounding area, and I think that lots of vegetation could help push the aesthetics of this project to the next level.

I'm sure that most of what I have mentioned you were still working on as it is not finished yet, but I hope that it helped :D

Post July 3rd, 2014, 2:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,790.00 Points
hmm, i am also intrested to test it, can i also get a link Thebeatles ?

Post July 3rd, 2014, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Overall this is one of the best NL2 Coasters in the works.. Honestly very VERY good...

Pros
-Very Good Scenery
-Awesome Intro
-Music was amazeballs
-The Ride Intro itself was really cool
-I was in love with the Screens and the que line in general.

Cons
-The track needed a bit of reworking (The First Zero G roll, and the transition to the breaks, mainly).
-I felt as if the detail was so awesome, but with the Thrill portion it was rather blank.
-The Roof in the Exit was a bit too short, might want to make it taller a bit
-Maybe add some cool exit bits, Like walking through a destroyed store and what not.

Overall I am very excited for the full version and this was like opening up a present on christmas for me! Great job!

Post July 3rd, 2014, 3:04 pm
mkingy User avatar

I hate to throw a spanner in the works but your drop pulls like -1.9G in the back. That's painful (not like those trains are designed for ejector airtime either) and needs more trimming. Which in turn means you're going to need to lower some elements further round the ride. The first overbank was quite slow through the inversion as it is.

The first drop also flattened out a lot at the bottom - couldn't you have made it deeper and had more consistent forces through it? The 3DS would no doubt need altering but I think the trackwork suffers due to this.

3 Parts that definitely need smoothing were:
+Pre lift turn transition - it snaps out of the first turn, transitions, then snaps into the next turn.
+Roll smoothing on entry to the first overbank element - looks like you've accidentally left a strict flag on one of the nodes there.
+Exit to the Immelman as Bouncy noted - its an odd left right jolt - as if the elements you had designed didn't line up quite right.

Small other note I felt the entry to the MCBR could do with a bit of tweaking to make it feel a bit more natural.

3DS work on the whole was good but I'd agree with Bouncy on the scaling being off in places. Intrigued as to why you used an atm machine texture on the "ticket" booth? Also for the sake of completeness you didn't have anywhere to actually give those tickets in?

It was a pretty cool ride - fix up the trackwork issues, and build on the great scenery you already have and this will turn out to be a great ride!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 4th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Thank you all VERY much for the criticism! Obviously, there are many flaws with the ride (esp. track work) that cannot be fixed this late in the building process without some major remodeling. I have minimized the track work errors but again, it would be very hard to eliminate all of them.

I have also made corrections to my 3Ds in the following areas:
-Re-scaled fencing
-Added gift shop
-Added complex grass/better ground textures to my environment
-Raised segments of the queue ceiling
-Greatly improved vegetation (trees, grass, bushes, etc)

To answer some questions:
-I used an ATM texture on the ticket dispenser because it was the closest I could find to a payment/dispenser mechanism.
-I'm REALLY hoping to have the cinematic trailer for this ride released on August 1st. As of right now that deadline looks doable. After the trailer is released it should only be another week or two before full release.
-I'm not completely sure if I'm going to make this available for download, as it is a very large park file. I may just release videos.

Once again, thank you all very much for participating in my test, it has helped me out a ton! I can't wait to hear your final thoughts on the ride.

Post July 4th, 2014, 8:22 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Please make this available for download, this site can handle it.
Pretty sure Oscar said files can be up to 1 GB in size.
If not, the download site you used for the beta worked very easily and that is another solution if you wish.

Post July 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

TTD03 wrote:
Please make this available for download, this site can handle it.
Pretty sure Oscar said files can be up to 1 GB in size.
If not, the download site you used for the beta worked very easily and that is another solution if you wish.

Thanks! I know for sure that NLE can't handle it, so I'll see about posting it here. I've never uploaded anything here.

So here's the current state of Destroid, finally approaching the finish line.

Post July 6th, 2014, 6:14 am

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Looks fantastic, you have made a great work recovering it. I guess you don't need inspiration, but I suggest to take a look here. Is Neverland's Facebook. The theming they are doing in Sky Scream is great, and maybe it will give you some ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neverlan ... fref=photo

Post July 6th, 2014, 6:21 am

This is all coming together now with the smaller details being added (vegetation, gift shop)!

I'm very exited for the final release

Post July 9th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Uh oh.
Last edited by TheBeatles on February 16th, 2018, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 9th, 2014, 11:51 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 10th, 2014, 1:42 am
mkingy User avatar

Post July 11th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Goosebumps! :O This will be awesome, definitely! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2