Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Going to a Park on a Rain/Storm Forecast

Going to a Park on a Rain/Storm Forecast

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 11th, 2014, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm about to embark on a fourteen-day, fourteen-park roadtrip. The first three or four days are forecasted to have thunderstorms, currently ranging between 40% to 60% chance. What's your guys's opinion? Is it still worth going because of the lower crowd levels? Or in your experience do storms stop operation too frequently to make the park even worth it?

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Within the range of chance of rain, theres the same amount of chance that it wont rain, not that I put much faith in meteorologists anyway. I would say its worth, I would just make sure to hit the bigger rides first since those are the first to close down if theres a storm coming
What are these for?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This may be a bit off, but riding in the heavy fog is just a lot of fun! Rain sometimes brings such wonderful situation! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
Rain sometimes brings such wonderful situation!

very painful situations

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I would check the park's rain policy. Don't assume anything, call directly and ask.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea, call the park, find out what the deal is, and then make a decision. Last September I went to Cedar Point with Friday having 60% of rain but Saturday and Sunday having 0%, so I figured it was worth it. Got there, only ride I couldn't ride more than once for the day was TTD, but that was more cause of wind/weather. While it was raining, no lines for anything and I got to ride Millennium Force 27 times in 2 hours! I don't regret anything :P

Return to General Theme Park Discussions