Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Nemesis Best Coaster in Europe?

Nemesis Best Coaster in Europe?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 24th, 2004, 10:16 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Who here at weeweeslap thinks that Nemesis is the most intense rollercoaster in Europe? I mean you get some g force on your body when you go round that first helix. Also the track gets very close to the terrain around the rollercoaster. Look at this picture to prove what i am saying. http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/csimon/al ... l_roll.jpg Also i like the way the coaster is half built underground which also adds to the excitement. I think this rollercoaster is very uniq and i tell everyone who comes to England to go ride on it. The reason this coaster is better is because other coasters like Expedition g Force are plain which just plain bunny hills and over banked turns. Same with Goliath, simple bunny hills and nothing really exciting. Well this is only my view and i hope some of you agree with me. Also you can say the ride is rubbish or looks rubbish untill you actually have been on it.

Matt
Last edited by Matt on July 24th, 2004, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 24th, 2004, 10:22 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

well i have been on nemy and i looks intense but it goes so fast u don't realise where u are and u don't realise how close you are to the ground but it does get you dizzy[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Post July 24th, 2004, 12:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Actually kurtis, it doesn't go very fast at all, the terrain just makes you think that its going fast. Oblivion is 18 mph faster than Nemesis although Nemesis does keep up a more constant pace for much longer. Nemesis' fastest is 50 mph (approx.) the fact that pieces of spider leg are flying past your head at an equal speed is what makes it seems so fast.

Matt, I don't think anyone will disagree with you here because there really isn't anything which compares to Nemesis (thrillwise) in europe. Well not in my opinion anyway.

Post July 24th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

imo Expedition G-Force looks alot better than Nemesis. Nemesis is fun and intense but lacks airtime and what not. Also the fact that if your not on the front row of Nemesis you cant actualy really see anything apart from walls and what not fly past you. Admitily i havnt ridden Expedition G-Force but judging by themeparkreview.com and the amount of airtime it produces it looks awsome. Nemesis is still a top class coaster, and probaly has the best scenery/landscape of any coaster today, but i think id rather ride EGF

Post July 24th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah...umm, I havent' been to Europe, but there is no way a B&M custom invert could stand up to an Intamin airtime machine like EGF...It just lacks absolutely spectacular...just wish I could get to Germany someday, lol...

Post July 24th, 2004, 1:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, but this custom B&M is different. Put an "Intamin airtime machine" into a bloody great hole, and I might change my opinion

Post July 24th, 2004, 1:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Nemesis is a perfect example of how height and speed, when used right doesnt need to go into the 100's to give a good ride.

Post July 24th, 2004, 2:00 pm

Post July 25th, 2004, 1:03 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i havent been on either nemesis or exp. g force, but exp. g force looks a lot better. nemesis just looks like everything would woosh right by you and if you dont sit in the front, you cant see much at all. however, someone said its the most intense? lol, i'd have to say that euro star is the most intense! yes its an intamin but it looks more brutal than the slc's!

Post July 25th, 2004, 2:44 am

Yes its the most intense coasteri have been on. After i got off it my legs were shakey.

Post July 25th, 2004, 9:43 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by coaster992001

i'd have to say that euro star is the most intense! yes its an intamin but it looks more brutal than the slc's!

Nemesis is also more brutal than slc's, possibly the roughest B&M I've been on and it has very high g's. Nemesis is just unique and anyway, you say you haven't ridden it, "exp. g force looks better"....no, if you haven't ridden it, then don't post in this topic. Nemesis is all about the way it feels, the feeling of extreme speed, high g's and just gut wrenching turns. Nemesis is like no other ride, its a completely unique thrill, nothing in europe even compares to it. Nothing in the world is even like it, you won't experience anything like Nemesis anywhere else, so I don't see how or why people are comparing it to exp. g force, ahwell, I reckon its probably down to taste [;)]

Post July 25th, 2004, 9:46 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Nemesis isnt rough, its just intense. There is a fine line between a coaster being rough and intense, but Nemesis is not rough. To me i still wouldnt say its the best coaster in Europe, although it is unique and really in a class of its own. I would personaly rather ride a coaster with tonnes of airtime like EGF rather than the pure intesity of Nemesis. Plus repeat rides on Nemesis makes you ill [lol]

Return to General Theme Park Discussions