Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Hersheypark review....or lets call it the day I met Skyrush!

Hersheypark review....or lets call it the day I met Skyrush!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
First off, let me say I did my attempt to take pictures, I took 3, but I'm not good at taking them and they don't really make the rollercoasters look that good, and they aren't anything you haven't seen before so its not worth the hassle emailing them to myself from my phone and then uploading to this forum, but if someone REALLY wants to see the 3 measly pictures, just let me know.

Ok, so we tried the sunset admission that costs $30 for 5pm-10pm, what a mistake, that's nowhere near enough time to do everything since the park is packed. The lines move very fast though but you can only do so much when theres at least 100 people in line per ride. Average wait time was about 15-35 minutes per ride. Park was beautiful and things everywhere, not much open space at all. Best arcade I've ever seen in a theme park too. Very decorated with lots of water areas and just the design of the park is easily 10/10.

But, what about what you really wanna know about? The rollercoasters?

Comet - Front row. Only rollercoaster we were able to wait in front row for within 5 hours. It was long rollercoaster, nice scenic view. Thrill was fairly mild though but its classic. Not as good as Grizzly at KD but better than Thunderhawk at Dorney. 6/10

Skyrush - WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this is the type of thrill that makes me a big rollercoaster fanatic. Geez, this ride I guess best explained is riding a big huge mythical dragon and him flying out of control diving, twisting, turning, flying, and you almost fly off all the time but the power and force of the dragon keeps you safe. Forget about it, 2nd favorite rollercoaster of all-time besides Intimidator 305 at KD. 10/10

Great Bear - It was very good, nice zero g, interesting twist at the beginning but, after skyrush........................8/10

Storm Runner - Excellent ride, from the ones I've ridden already, best compared to volcano how its a full circuit blast coaster around 70mph but with an entire mix of stuff happening after the first blast, lots of airtime, twisting turns. That big weird corkscrew twist near the end is awesome. 9/10

Then we were told the line for Fahrenheit was 1 hour long, so we just rode skyrush again.

We plan to come back again since we missed so much of the park. Especially Fahrenheit and Lightning Racer, 2 I was looking forward to. Next time I guess we gotta rent the hotel for the night prior to the theme park and arrive at opening time at the theme park next morning.

10/10

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Lightning Racer and Fahrenheit are both amazing, you'll love them if you liked the Great Bear, Skyrush, etc. Skyrush is definitely the best ride in the park, and my 2nd favorite too, 2nd only to Millennium Force. Definitely get back to Hershey if you can!

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Stormrunner is one of my dream coasters to ride! Someone take me to PA!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Hershey park is one of those parks that surprises you with the amount of really good coasters they have. Glad you plan to go back as Fahrenheit and Lightning Racer are both great coasters. As for StormRunner Rickrollercoaster, it's a great ride, but it's gotten really rough over the years.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions