Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Kings Dominion tips?

Kings Dominion tips?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 28th, 2014, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I found out im going to kings dominion tomorrow! It's my first time so any tips on what Rides I should go on and when?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 28th, 2014, 3:13 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Head straight to Volcano first, it is always the longest line and you will want to get it out of the way.
Then head for I305 and then work your away around the back of the park to the front.
That's the best experience I've had.

Post July 29th, 2014, 9:23 am

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
Its my home park.

Yep, head straight to volcano. I haven't rode volcano anything but front row in many years and I advise you do the same.

Flight of fear is a mixed bag when it comes to how long the line is, but I'd head there 2nd to be safe.

I305 believe it or not does not usually have a long line probably due to fast execution but if you ride that once, you're gonna wanna ride it at least twice more. 2nd row is best unless you really wanna wait it out for the first row. At this speed, WIND MATTERS and you get good wind in the 2nd row too (not like the ear slicing wind in the first row though).

Anaconda, I guess is next, not the worst ride ever (and used to be a good ride till it got really rough at one part). So I guess hit that next

Backlot Stunt Coaster

As you make your way back to the front, I advise just avoid Shockwave, its the worst ride here and really rough.

Rebel Yell is good, hit that in the very front or last 2 seats in the back, both good.

Ricochet is fun for kicks but its a wild mouse so don't ride unless the line is short

Hurler is next, worst wooden coaster here but not that bad, but its skippable.

Grizzly, now we're talkin, best bang for you buck in the park when it comes to great coaster and very short lines, sometimes I stay on over 5 times without getting out of my seat! And its my 3rd favorite coaster here besides Volcano and I305.

Shenandoah Log Flume is a nice little fun log flume and great at degrees higher than 85. So hit that if the case

Then last Dominator, kinda overated, but its a decent floorless B&M coaster.

If you got extra time, I usually just keep riding I305 and Grizzly countlessly.

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:04 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 30th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
I'm actually here right now at 2:08pm in line for volcano, you were probably here yesterday but if you want to meet dimmu and are here, just post, lol

Post July 30th, 2014, 3:49 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 30th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Sorry about not replying :D. I left yesterday though. Have fun dimmu
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg