Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion i was hit by two cars withing 5 minutes

i was hit by two cars withing 5 minutes

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 12th, 2003, 6:46 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

i realize this may be considered spam but i think its a fiarly interesting story, and you may enjoy it.

Well, i was riding my bike to a CD store about 3 miles from my house to buy a seven dust CD, when i cam upon an entrance/exit to a stip mall. As i apporoached, i saw a woman waiting to pull out, and i am thinking, "i am very close and i have the right of way, so i will go ahead and go in front of her." And of coarse she pulls out and hits me while i am going by and my bike is destroyed, but i am not hurt badly. After refuseing her offer to give me a ride home, i decide that i must get the CD i wanted and i continue on but now i am carrying my 30 lbs. bike. Less than 100 yards away, there is a very busy intercestion where two 6 lane roads meet, and as i approach it i press the walk signal button. The signal changes to "walk" and so i do just that, i begin to walk. About that time someone pulls up in the right turn lane and without looking deaccelerates and then before stoping all the way they hit me as well. I stand up laughing, while they are freaked out, but i tell them i am ok and i refuse their offer to take me home. I finally get to the store and i come to find out that the store does not have any CD's by the artist i wanted. So now i have to walk 3 miles home carrying a 30 lbs. bike. The trip home took me 1 hour and 30 minutes, but it was ok because i came inside to find 4 philly cheese steaks waiting for me, and a gullible mother who believed me when i told her i ran into a tree .

Post September 12th, 2003, 6:52 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

That's one of the most hilarious stories I've ever read in my life.

Post September 12th, 2003, 7:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

[lol]
too bad it wasn't a mercedes who hit you or else I bet you would have pretended to have a stroke or something [;)]

Post September 12th, 2003, 7:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Dude..that must suck..I cant stand cars violating my right of way when I'm crossing a street. To be exact, a cop wasnt watching and I had to jump onto the curb to avoid it as my friend cussed @ him for doing such stupidity. Today, someone was making a left turn as I was just passing the divider island and they got right upon our rears as we walked like no one was coming across the street.

Post September 12th, 2003, 8:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

[;)] that was probably me, also some people just cross the street too damn slow.

Post September 12th, 2003, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,347.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2003, 8:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post September 13th, 2003, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

man seems like you had a crappy day lol, well at least you didn't break anything but ya pride lol

Post September 13th, 2003, 1:36 am

that was probably me, also some people just cross the street too damn slow.

Nah...you're on the opposite side of Cali from me...

Post September 13th, 2003, 1:46 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

and you sure I was, I have been going upstate at least once a week for the past 3 months [lol]

Post September 13th, 2003, 3:19 am

hmmm....
Well, I know u weren't the cop that almost hit me[lol]

Post September 13th, 2003, 9:30 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

lol at your story, too bad you didnt get any money: "I think my neck hurts alittle" or "last time i checked, there was a police station about 1 mile awayt, i bet i could get there pretty quick, and you know, this bike is evidence"

Post September 13th, 2003, 9:44 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points

Post September 13th, 2003, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,126.00 Points

[lol][lol]The same think happened to me except it was only by one person. I was hit going to my school on the second day!! I went accross the Student Parking enterence and one of my teachers turned w/ no blinker on and hit my side at only about 5 mph, but my bike is kind of lopsided now[lol]. She was so sorry when I found out who it was she gave me 100 extra credit points.

>---rcf2000, RCT Guy[pshades]

Post September 13th, 2003, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

lolage

meh same kinda thing happened to me, but different scenario. I was on my skateboard doing skeleton (lying down head first) down a damn steep hil was (1:5) i live at the bottom of the hill and its kinda a dead end so i didnt really expect cars, so i happily started plowing down the hill head first at like a whole 15mph (which is pretty fast on a skateboard) when my nieghbour decides to turn the corner in his car, knowing i couldnt stop i decided to bail off the side of my board and i just kinda slide for like 10 meters down the road, and my board carried on neatly under the car and down the hill, kinda left me with a huge graze n my shoulders arm and legs.
hmmm, good ol days...........

Post September 13th, 2003, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

Originally posted by Weng8055

LMFAO and your alive!!!

me being alive is not so surprizing as you being alive! aren't you supposed to be dead?!?

Post September 14th, 2003, 6:01 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by punkrock69

Originally posted by Weng8055

LMFAO and your alive!!!

me being alive is not so surprizing as you being alive! aren't you supposed to be dead?!?

[lol]

Here in the netherlands you wouldn't even get hit twice in five minutes if you would go walking on the highway [:p] Any of you guys (except punkrock) ever got hit by a car?
I once almost got hit when i crossed the road and some ******* had his flasher still on, so i thought he was taking a right, but he went straight on and could just brake in time. So a few milliseconds later a had a good view at the most communicative finger of all [lol]

Post September 14th, 2003, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,554.00 Points
I was hit while on my bike by a Land Rover Discovery, the guy pukked out of stationary traffic trying to jump the queue, wasn't looking where he was going, and didn't brake until after he hit me.[:(!]
He had a dent in his hood, a cracked windshield, a massive dent in the passenger side door and his wing mirror ripped off.
I had a largeish bruise on my hip, and that was it.[lol]

He got me to give him my contact details, promising not to try to come after me for damage costs (it was his fault after all), he just needed give my details to his employer cos it was a company car.
The guy was full of poop, I found out later it wasn't a company car when my dad got phonecall from his insurer trying to get us to pay for the damage!
My parents had some kind of personal liabilty cover as part of our house insurance so we just let the insurance companies fight it out between them selves.
Our insurer ended up paying, somehow he got everyone to believe it was my fault. Grrrrrr.[:(!] All the traffic on the road was stationary at the time I was hit, except for him. He was also on the wrong side of the road when he hit me. How they found it to be my fault I don't know[lol]

Post September 15th, 2003, 2:29 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points

Punkrock, you must have a ton of bad karma following you around from a past life or something. Every time you get on that bike, something bad happens! If it's not bad karma, then your bike must be cursed!

Return to Off Topic Discussion