Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 RCT2 UCES Installed in wrong place...

RCT2 UCES Installed in wrong place...

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post September 21st, 2014, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I've been running RCT2 on my Mac through bootcamp on Windows 8 and for the most part, it works great. I've been very busy downloading some of the better user-created scenarios and wanted to install the original User Created Expansion Set. The official site appears to be down... not a big surprise... but eventually I was able to locate a site that had a download for the installer.

Problem is I wasn't really paying attention when it installed and it went to a Program Files/Inforgrames Interactive folder whereas all of my RCT2 stuff is in a parent folder labeled Atari, so that's obviously where I want the UCES.

My question is if I can simply drag and drop-- Scenario folder to scenario folder, object folder to object folder etc.-- or if I should uninstall and then reinstall and try to have it installed through the set-up wizard in my Atari folder?

TIA!

As a side note, RCT1 really doesn't work on Windows 8 so a somewhat reasonable solution for me has been to simply download the original RCT1 scenarios recreated for RCT2. I was able to find a pretty good set but they're not perfect... I'm certain that I downloaded pretty immaculate versions of ALL of the RCT1/CF(AA)/LL scenarios for RCT2 on my netbook but I can't remember where I found them. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find a really good RCT1 scenarios-for-RCT2 set?

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3