Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Top Thrill Dragsters Cable Snaps!!

Top Thrill Dragsters Cable Snaps!!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 25th, 2003, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

FRICTION WHEELS!!! ROFLMFAO!!!! THAT IS SO FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!LMFAO!!!!!

yeah, what whitey said, but it wouldn't be possible because they would wear down extremely fast and you would need to replace them every day or maybe even more often than that, and fiction wheels would never be able to accelerate a train of that weight to 120 mph in less than 4 seconds [:P]

Post August 25th, 2003, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,126.00 Points

Friction wheels[lol][lol], they are made for coaster going 40 or 50mph, not 120mph[stoning]

Post August 25th, 2003, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

rcf, we posted at the exact same second! look at the time we both posted!

and also, friction wheels couldnt even do 40-50, maybe around...20 at max (accelrating slowly)

Post September 8th, 2003, 7:55 pm
Tim User avatar

Points on hand: 258.00 Points
Originally posted by lpth5

angry gumball i want to knock u out right now, cheap!! if u think a 25 million thats 25,000,000 DOLLARS is cheap u have mental problems, cp did expect this but i think not this soon. cp is doing there best to bring the ride back in operation.

...somebody's a Cedar Point fanboy...[}:)]

Post September 10th, 2003, 8:50 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points

Post September 13th, 2003, 3:02 am

Points on hand: 2,561.00 Points
Originally posted by Aterlatus

If the cables are really so delicate (yeah, right, delicate - like *I* could pull a ton up to 120mph) then why don't they:

a) Make the cable thicker
b) Make it from a stronger material
or
c) Use two or three cables instead of one, to disperse the load

Or am I completely missing the point here?

a) to make the cable thicker, means it would make it heavier, hence having to change the amount of force the actuators use
b)titanium is in use
c)see a

Post September 15th, 2003, 4:32 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

no... S;TE isnt a complete circuit coaster...

Dude, that argument should be settled by now. If STE doesn't count because it's not a complete circuit coaster, then Wicked Twister doesn't count, because it's not a complete circuit coaster either. SFMM and CP are still TIED for the record, and probably will be for a long time too, although both will still try to act like they hold the title all to themselves with no way to dispute it. Just like all the CP vs SFMM fanboys keep trying to do by saying stuff like that!

Now, as for what causes cables like that to snap, it usually has more to do with their tension adjustment. If it's too tight, the added stress of the weight of the train could snap it very easily, and that's probably why TTD snapped a cable so early after opening.

Post September 15th, 2003, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

erm... you really dont have a clue what your talking about here. wtf is 'wicked twister doesnt count' suposed to mean...just whatever dude

Post September 15th, 2003, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points

It means the same thing that "STE doesn't count" does. WT is NOT a complete circuit coaster either, so if you're not gonna count STE for that reason, you can't count WT for that reason either. So now you know how stupid it sounds to SFMM fans to say that STE doesn't count because it's not really a coaster, don't you? STE & WT both count, they're both coasters, and the record is still TIED at 16!

EDIT:

LOL, I just figured out a way that you can win this argument. If you only count the complete circuit coasters, then Deja Vu doesn't count either. That would put CP ahead by one with 15 vs SFMM with only 14!

Post September 15th, 2003, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

i didnt mean STE doesnt count as-in overall nuber of coasters, i was going purly on the height records. They still count as coasters just not complete circuit coasters n stuff..... well at least i knwo what im going on about [;)]

Post September 16th, 2003, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
this topic has gone way off topic and should be closed.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions