Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Heartlines

Heartlines

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post August 17th, 2014, 9:07 am

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
What are the heartlines for Arrow hypers, 4D coasters, Mack launched, Intamin rockets, Suspended coasters, and Flying coasters?

Post August 17th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
You can find this out yourself by measuring where the heartline sits in relation to the rails.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post August 17th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
Also, Arrow coasters generally don't use the heartline, so keep the heartline height at 0 for them.

Post August 17th, 2014, 4:11 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

For amazing Arrow shaping I'd suggest changing the spline position to Custom C.o.R. Offset-X: +/-0.45. You'll get something that looks like this:

Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post August 17th, 2014, 5:08 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2014, 5:15 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I didn't take credit for it but ^ This
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post August 18th, 2014, 12:08 am

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I don't even think its constant for a the same type of coasters. They seem to update from coaster to coaster. Or NO?

Post September 2nd, 2014, 2:39 pm
TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
For amazing Arrow shaping I'd suggest changing the spline position to Custom C.o.R. Offset-X: +/-0.45. You'll get something that looks like this

I tried doing the x offset that you showed here, but it will only allow me to do either a positive or negative value, and neither is quite right.
Would you mind posting a picture of how you set this up? I would really appreciate it, and it would certainly help on what I am working on currently.
Thank you!

Edit: Couple of questions:
Are B&M Inverted coasters heart lined anywhere other than zero-G rolls? followup, Is there a way to only heartline a SECTION of a coaster in the NL2 editor, while leaving the rest of the coaster as COR?
Looking at multiple angles of Montu's Immelman, and Alpengeist's Cobra Roll, it would seem they are not TRULY heartlined, but slightly lower than the center of rails; but obviously the zero-g rolls are perfectly heartlined...

Post October 8th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I'm not sure what B&M does for the inverted coasters but the truth is that most modern coasters are basically heartlined all the way through with the exception of lifts, brakes, and other slow-moving sections. It's just more comfortable for the riders, especially during twistier inversions than a simple vertical loop. I don't know for certain one way or another how B&M handles heartlining inverts though, so if someone knows more specifically then by all means please explain!

You can only choose one or the other in NL2 as of right now; you cannot heartline one section and leave the rest COR.

Turbo, for the Arrow shaping should the Y value be left at zero?

Post October 8th, 2014, 7:03 pm
TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
I scoured pics of inverts, and judging from Montu and Alpengeist's immelman's, and the batman clones' wingovers they are heartlined completely all the way through.

Post October 8th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
Turbo wrote:
For amazing Arrow shaping I'd suggest changing the spline position to Custom C.o.R. Offset-X: +/-0.45. You'll get something that looks like this:

I don't think you can do absolute values, unfortunately. I think I've found a round-about way to put differing heartlines in the same coaster but it involves the spline exporter, and I can't seem to consistently remember the exact process.

Post October 9th, 2014, 10:08 am

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
You are right that you can't do absolute values (at least when deciding spline position) in NL2, and even if you could the editor would probably just pick one anyway, since we're talking about an offset X value. This obviously causes the spline to be offset to the left or right a little, versus vertically, so in the end it can only be one way or another with the current system in place on NL2 (i.e. either COR, heartlined, or custom-value spline position all the way through).

I'm sure you, as in SkyArrow, already know all of this... I was just expanding a little for posterity aka anyone else who comes across the thread.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2