Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Whats ur favorite rollercoaster of all time?

Whats ur favorite rollercoaster of all time?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 28th, 2003, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

Mine personally is Millenium Force at Cedar Point. The first drop is absolutley amazing. If u havent been to Cedar Point....GO!!!!and ride milenium force its great and also ride TTD. Post wut ur fav. rollercoaster is here.

Post September 28th, 2003, 8:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Well, woodies are hundreds of times better than steelies, and all CCIs rule, but I only rode one CCI, which is Silver Comet, and its awesome! Right after the first drop there is a small little bunny hill which is a double drop, and on both of the hills, there is some awesome air. Even though its not ejector air, its sustained and you just stay out of your seat for a while and you feel like your going faster than MF, its great. Then you fly up into a nice, fast, common CCI turnaround, and fly back down into the structure surrounded by track on each side of you which feels really awesome. Then, as you go up into another turnaround, you start banking a little, and then turn pretty fast at a pretty cool turn, but still doesn't have that high lats yet. The next turnaround is awesome because if your not expecting the lats, you'd probably be in serious pain the lats are so much, you just get slammed into the side of your seat so hard and its great. Then you fly down into the structure again, pull up into another turn, and you get slammed into the side of your seat just as hard as the previous turn, but in the oppisite direction. Then you fly down again and pull up about 25 ft. and fly into an unexpected low to the ground turning drop, and you bank about 50 degrees and then as you start to turn with the steel structure completly surrounding you, you slam into the side of your seat, and your just stuck there, the lats just keep on building on you throughout the whole turn, which feels like its gonna last forever, and the part of your body thats above the side of the train feels like its gonna rip off and the other side of your body thats in the train will just stay stuck onto the side of the train, but its very intense and SO awesome. As you exit the turn, your ground level and you hop up a bunnyhill thats about 6 ft. high providing some nice air, and then fly into the final turn into the brakes. It's an adrenaline rush from beginning to end and its just SOO awesome. I love it [:D] HUNDREDS of times better than any CP coaster, including MF.

Post September 28th, 2003, 9:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
Oh, not all CCI's are great!

Just from the ones I've ridden:

• Hurricane (Roughness, lousy trains, not much air)

• Hoosier Hurricane (Very rough, NO air)

CCI's I've done:

• Great White
  • Excalibur
  • Hurricane
  • Shivering Timbers
  • Zach's Zoomer
  • Hoosier Hurricane
  • Cornball Express

My Top Ten

• 1. Phoenix

• 2. Georgia Cyclone, SFoG

• 3. Cornball Express

• 4. Kumba

• 5. Shivering Timbers

• 6. Dueling Dragons

• 7. Great White (Morey's)

• 8. Mindbender (SFoG)

• 9. Flight of Fear

• 10. Montu

My Bottom 10:

• 148. Runaway Mine Train (SFGRADv)

• 149. Steel Force

• 150. Volcano

• 151. Raging Bull

• 152. Hoosier Hurricane

• 153. Hercules

• 154. Alpengiest

• 155. Hurricane

• 156. Medusa

• 157. The Beast

That pretty much covers the rides I feel strongly about one way or the other. The other 130 or so can shuffle around a lot depending on my mood...

Post September 29th, 2003, 7:36 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by Tyler

*cut*

My Bottom 10:

• 149. Steel Force

• 150. Volcano

• 151. Raging Bull

• 152. Hoosier Hurricane

• 153. Hercules

• 154. Alpengiest

• 155. Hurricane

• 156. Medusa

• 157. The Beast

That pretty much covers the rides I feel strongly about one way or the other. The other 130 or so can shuffle around a lot depending on my mood...

Raging Bull, Alpengeist and Medusa [confused] They all seem to be wicked rides. I'd love to ride one of those three [:p]

Anyway, my number one has to be Goliath at Six Flags Holland, it's an awesome ride, great air, stengel dive good G's in the horizontal loop really superb. [pshades]

Post September 29th, 2003, 8:06 am

Post September 29th, 2003, 1:13 pm

i actually liked medusa and alpeingeist. Even tho alpiengiest does not even come close to the greatness of Raptor which is my fav. innverted ride of all time. But i also think that medusa is a geat ride from begenning to end its so smooth and the wait isnt long at all if u get there early u can ride it at least five times in a half-hour.

Post September 29th, 2003, 3:21 pm

I don't like steelies a lot, just because of how tame they are, unfortuntly my top ten consists of not very good coasters because I only rode 2 good woodies [:(]

Post September 29th, 2003, 5:22 pm

Post September 29th, 2003, 7:03 pm

Post September 29th, 2003, 7:07 pm

Just from the ones I've ridden:

• Hurricane (Roughness, lousy trains, not much air)

• Hoosier Hurricane (Very rough, NO air)

CCI's I've done:

• Great White
  • Excalibur
  • Hurricane
  • Shivering Timbers
  • Zach's Zoomer
  • Hoosier Hurricane
  • Cornball Express

My Top Ten

• 1. Phoenix

• 2. Georgia Cyclone, SFoG

• 3. Cornball Express

• 4. Kumba

• 5. Shivering Timbers

• 6. Dueling Dragons

• 7. Great White (Morey's)

• 8. Mindbender (SFoG)

• 9. Flight of Fear

• 10. Montu

My Bottom 10:

• 149. Steel Force

• 150. Volcano

• 151. Raging Bull

• 152. Hoosier Hurricane

• 153. Hercules

• 154. Alpengiest

• 155. Hurricane

• 156. Medusa

• 157. The Beast

Well, Hoosier Hurricane is a family coaster

Post September 29th, 2003, 8:08 pm

No, it's not a family coaster. Famiy coasters don't give headaches.

Post September 29th, 2003, 8:42 pm

yes it is a family coaster, a family coaster that is bad though.

Post September 30th, 2003, 9:31 am

lol, by the way Intaminfan i agree with ur 2 good woodies, Blue Streak is amazing, but i thought despite all the roughness that mean streak was good too.

Post September 30th, 2003, 9:55 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
My favorite of all time is Wicked Twister at Cedar Point.I just love that coaster.Back seat is AWESOME!

Post September 30th, 2003, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

I would have to say Goliath @ sfmm, I have only been to sfmm and kbf, I would love to go to cp, but im just a poor boy :( lol but I ask my parents every year for my birth day (oct 5) if they would take me to cedar point if my g'ma,g'pa and parents paid for it as my bday presant(ya right!) maybe in 20 years YAY!

Post September 30th, 2003, 5:34 pm

Originally posted by Xtreme15

My favorite of all time is Wicked Twister at Cedar Point.I just love that coaster.Back seat is AWESOME!

have you tried the front seat? I rode it in both the back seat and the front and I think the very front is the best.

Post September 30th, 2003, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

My Bottom 10:

• 149. Steel Force

• 150. Volcano

• 151. Raging Bull

• 152. Hoosier Hurricane

• 153. Hercules

• 154. Alpengiest

• 155. Hurricane

• 156. Medusa

• 157. The Beast

Raging Bull? You have got to be kidding, i live about 2 min away from there, im looking at RB as I type this, that ride is very good, my fav of all the rides. You need to sit in the back row and barely have the restraint on, thats the best way to ride it!

Post September 30th, 2003, 5:42 pm

Originally posted by eZe7789

lol, by the way Intaminfan i agree with ur 2 good woodies, Blue Streak is amazing, but i thought despite all the roughness that mean streak was good too.

I think its extremely boring, I mean, NO airtime at all, and there are no good lats. I've heard that before stupid Cedar Fair trimmed it that it was an insane ride, but leave it up to Cedar Fair to ruin their woodies, just look at how much Hercules is trimmed, and The awesome Thunderhawk at Dorney Park which was unfortunetly trimmed because of the GP not being able to handle intense rides...

Post September 30th, 2003, 5:44 pm

Originally posted by shortkid422

My Bottom 10:

• 149. Steel Force

• 150. Volcano

• 151. Raging Bull

• 152. Hoosier Hurricane

• 153. Hercules

• 154. Alpengiest

• 155. Hurricane

• 156. Medusa

• 157. The Beast

Raging Bull? You have got to be kidding, i live about 2 min away from there, im looking at RB as I type this, that ride is very good, my fav of all the rides. You need to sit in the back row and barely have the restraint on, thats the best way to ride it!

It's a B&M hyper, meaning no intensity, how could that make a good ride?

Post September 30th, 2003, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

yo have to go on it to understand what i mean, it packs a good punch.

Post September 30th, 2003, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Originally posted by IntaminFan397

have you tried the front seat? I rode it in both the back seat and the front and I think the very front is the best.

Yes,I have tried the front,but not everyone likes the same stuff as you do. [;)]

Post September 30th, 2003, 6:48 pm

Originally posted by shortkid422

yo have to go on it to understand what i mean, it packs a good punch.

well, I already probably know how its like, because I went on Nitro, and it isn't intense at all, and I heard that Appolo's Chariot is verryyyy tame also. And since RB is about the same as both of those, I know it's not that intense either. I just like more intense rides

Post September 30th, 2003, 6:51 pm

Yes,I have tried the front,but not everyone likes the same stuff as you do. [;)]

I know not everyone likes the same stuff as I do, I wasn't saying that I thought that its bad that you like the back more, which you probably thought I was saying. I was just wondering if you rode WT in the front

Post September 30th, 2003, 8:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Mine is SROS@SFA. Its the one that made me not scared of coasters from there on. Just so you know, I was 8 when I was scared.

Post October 1st, 2003, 10:37 am

[quote]Originally posted by Xtreme15

I know not everyone likes the same stuff as I do, I wasn't saying that I thought that its bad that you like the back more, which you probably thought I was saying. I was just wondering if you rode WT in the front
[/quote]
I rode WT in the front and the back and i too thought the front wa better , and that is an amazing ride.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions