Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Whats ur favorite rollercoaster of all time?

Whats ur favorite rollercoaster of all time?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 11th, 2003, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

wild mouse at black pool because it was the thirst sortof big coaster i went on

Post October 11th, 2003, 11:35 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I vote for "The Raven" at Holiday World. It's not the tallest, not the fastest, and not the most impressive woodie out there... it is just simply the best. Also, I am a big fan of The Legend, Shivering Timbers, The Villain, and Millennium Force. AS far as the intensity of B&M's go... I think Appolo's Chariot is more thrilling than Nitro. It has more airtime, and more intense drops. The only problem is that it is just a regular out-and back coaster with alot of hills in it. Nitro is extremely over-engineered.

Post October 12th, 2003, 1:37 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Woodies = best coasters in the world?
They're a slap on he hand compared to what steelies can do and provide as to excitement, force and over all adrenaline rushes.

Post October 12th, 2003, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

yeah i personally like steelies more because of the sam reason WWS said, plus they have more freedom when it comes to the different elements they can achieve.

Post October 12th, 2003, 1:43 pm
cjd

Steel coasters feel more programed than wood coasters... on a woodie, the feeling is more reckless and out-of-control. Woodies feel like a more out-of-control rush to me than steel coasters do. Millennium Force is one of the many exceptions, however. But B&M coasters generally feel more "programmed".

Post October 12th, 2003, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Woodies are definitly more intense than steelies, they actually provide force in 3 different directions, when steelies only have two. Woodies have airtime, lats, and positives, while steelies have only airtime and positives. X-Flight (just rode it today) is the only steelie that I know of that is actually as intense as a woodie, I also rode The Villain today and it was an awesome ride, had some good air, and wasn't painful like a lot of people say it is. The best part about it is the curving air hills which keep you on the side of your seat while having airtime at the same time [:D]

I vote for "The Raven" at Holiday World. It's not the tallest, not the fastest, and not the most impressive woodie out there... it is just simply the best. Also, I am a big fan of The Legend, Shivering Timbers, The Villain, and Millennium Force.

yay, finally someone at this site who likes awesome coasters. CCIs are amazing, I have only rode 2, but this summer I get to ride 5 [:D]

My favorite coaster would have to be The Villain, but I still do think Silver Comet is an awesome ride.

Post October 12th, 2003, 8:39 pm
cjd

What can I say, IF397... I'm an ACEer. Most of the official American Coaster Enthusiasts like wood better. However, woodies are dying fast in bigger parks, because they generally don't attract as many guests as steel coasters do. CCI is the company that made it possible for every park to build an awesome woodie, big or small. I wish they were still around... woodies need a few new superstars.

Post October 12th, 2003, 9:20 pm

Woodies in the big parks aren't being taken care of. Six Flags trims a lot of their woodies and never do trackwork on them, causing them to be a lot rougher, and Cedar Fair, well, does the same. Look at what happened to Hercules. Also, even though Big Dipper @ SFWoA is an awesome coaster, if it wasn't owned by Six Flags and was taken care of better, think of how great that would be. right now there isn't really a good wooden coaster manufacturer around [:(] so I would hate to see good woodies start desappearing, but it looks like thats gonna happen soon.[:(]

Post August 28th, 2004, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

i havent been on a lotta coasters but i'd say montu then kumba, montu is as smooth as ice. when i rode on kumba i sat in the back it was rough.

Post August 28th, 2004, 4:48 pm
cjd

well, I said what my favorite coasters were a year ago, but that was just speculation... now that I have ridden all of the coasters I named last year, here is my official top 5 wood and top 10 steel list, along with the ratings I gave them in my park reviews.

WOOD:

1. The Legend - Holiday World - +5
2. The Raven - Holiday World - +5
3. Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure - +5
4. The Villain - Geauga Lake - high +4
5. The Beast - King's Island - +4

STEEL:

1. Millennium Force - Cedar Point - +5
2. Magnum X-L 200 - Cedar Point - high +4
3. The Incredible Hulk - Islands of Adventure - high +4
4. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa - high +4
5. Raptor - Cedar Point - high +4
6. Appolo's Chariot - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - high +4
7. Alpengiest - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - high +4
8. Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure - high +4
9. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point - +4
10. Dueling Dragons - Islands of Adventure - +4

OVERALL:

1. The Legend
2. The Raven
3. Millennium Force
4. Shivering Timbers
5. The Villain

Post August 28th, 2004, 5:52 pm

My Top 5 Wood Coasters:

1. Coaster (Playland)
2. Phoenix (Knoebels)
3. Tremors (Silverwood)
4. Timber Terror (Silverwood)
5. Giant Dipper (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk)

My Top 5 Steel Coasters:

1. Phantom's Revenge (Kennywood)
2. Xcelerator (Knott's Berry Farm)
3. Volcano: The Blast Coaster (Paramount's Kings Dominion)
4. X (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
5. Zonga (Six Flags Marine World)

Post August 28th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Post August 28th, 2004, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

well, i never thought this would come back, but my favorite coaster still is MF, god i love it.

Post September 1st, 2004, 10:05 am

Points on hand: 2,353.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2004, 10:58 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I like coasters with air, if it has many hills than Ill like it. MF has only 3 hills and one bunny hill, if there were at LEAST 4 more hills I would love it. so as of now SROS at SFNE

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions