Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion American rides

American rides

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 23rd, 2003, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

Xtreme just ignore these kids, not even worth the time it takes to argue such a worthless arguement. Basically if you are from the U S you are going to love your country and think its has better whatever it may be and if you are from UK you will feel the same way about the UK. I don't even know why I take the time to reply to this post b/c it just keeps getting worse and why is this worth it????????

Post October 23rd, 2003, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by rctycoon112

Everyone talks about how alton towers is soo heavily themed, but do you forget about Islands of Adventure and Universal studios??? Dueling Dragons gives Nemesis a run for its money, and the hulk is just awesome

I've heard the hulk is extremely tame and very overrated, and it looks like it is. But I am not a big fan of B&Ms, or most steel coasters, but thats just me [:p]

Post October 23rd, 2003, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

im not really fighting i just find it amusing getting reactions like that of Xtreme15.
i am really a child at heart

Post October 23rd, 2003, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by rctycoon112

Everyone talks about how alton towers is soo heavily themed, but do you forget about Islands of Adventure and Universal studios??? Dueling Dragons gives Nemesis a run for its money, and the hulk is just awesome

I've heard the hulk is extremely tame and very overrated, and it looks like it is. But I am not a big fan of B&Ms, or most steel coasters, but thats just me [:p]

i thought it was just cool, i love steel coasters, but what was really good was spiderman. that ride was awesome. Btw lostst8ofmind, this isnt really a fight, ofcourse you show pride in what you have in your country, but still, some americans may agree that uk coasters are better, others may disagree. Personally, i REALLY REALLY want to ride Nemesis, but oh well, i doubt i will be going to the uk any time soon.
Just so yall know, if this really was a verbal fight.... i would prob win it[;)] ask people who i debate against why.....[}:)]

Post October 23rd, 2003, 9:05 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Generally, the IOA coasters are just moderately thrilling during the day, but The Hulk rules in the evening. Later in the day, steel coasters generally feel faster, and more out-of-control. To settle this issue, one of my fellow ACErs brought a radar gun to the last "Coaster Mania" event at Cedar Point... at 7:00 in the morning with a train full of screaming coaster enthusiasts, they clocked Millennium Force at an impressive 91.6 mph. Then, they checked it again at 10:00 at night, still full of screaming coaster enthusiasts, and the train was traveling at 96.2 mph. Convinced? Ride stuff at night! The Hulk is totally slow in the morning, but if you ride it just before the park closes it will surely crest your top 5 list. (And anyone who rides Millennium Force at night, like me, will have a new #1 coaster, guranteed.)

Post October 23rd, 2003, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Hey, forget British coasters and forget American coasters, everyone knows that the coasters of Greenland are far better!

lol

Post October 23rd, 2003, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2003, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2003, 10:46 pm

Originally posted by cjd

Generally, the IOA coasters are just moderately thrilling during the day, but The Hulk rules in the evening. Later in the day, steel coasters generally feel faster, and more out-of-control. To settle this issue, one of my fellow ACErs brought a radar gun to the last "Coaster Mania" event at Cedar Point... at 7:00 in the morning with a train full of screaming coaster enthusiasts, they clocked Millennium Force at an impressive 91.6 mph. Then, they checked it again at 10:00 at night, still full of screaming coaster enthusiasts, and the train was traveling at 96.2 mph. Convinced? Ride stuff at night! The Hulk is totally slow in the morning, but if you ride it just before the park closes it will surely crest your top 5 list. (And anyone who rides Millennium Force at night, like me, will have a new #1 coaster, guranteed.)

Well, i rode MF at night, and its the most overrated coaster ever. It lacks air and it doesn't have lats (yes, I know, steelies barely ever have lats)and thats what makes coasters exciting. No steelie will probably ever make it into my top 5 list. X-Flight may be though, because it has lats.

Post October 23rd, 2003, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

Well, i rode MF at night, and its the most overrated coaster ever. It lacks air and it doesn't have lats (yes, I know, steelies barely ever have lats)and thats what makes coasters exciting. No steelie will probably ever make it into my top 5 list. X-Flight may be though, because it has lats.

Air?When I went on it my a** lifted off the seat.Is that air?[lol]

Post October 24th, 2003, 6:49 am

Originally posted by Xtreme15

Originally posted by cjd

Air?When I went on it my a** lifted off the seat.Is that air?[lol]

The first drop and the little hill near the end have air, but the 2 main air hills have about 0 gs

Post October 25th, 2003, 1:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

What a healthy argument i have sparked off, how brilliant, keep it up!
I think a good argument once in a while is brilliant, because they are so fun and everyone is friends again at the end!
Its nice to see everyone so interested, and willing to stand up for they believe, this is cool!

Post October 25th, 2003, 2:32 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm not arguing with Intaminfan, I was just telling everyone that steel coasters are much more intense at night. I agree with him that wood coasters (except Son of Beast [:)]) are a much more intense, out-of-control feeling than most steel coasters. I have yet to ride any of the really good CCI woodies like The Raven and Shivering Timbers, but I can tell how awesome they are from the comments of ACErs, and the fact that The Villain, my 2nd favorite coaster right now, didn't even make the top 20 in the Golden Ticket Awards. I can't wait to take a trip out to Holiday World next summer...

Post October 25th, 2003, 5:21 pm

I'm going to Holiday World also next summer, if you do go, then go to Indiana Beach, which is very close to there. It has Cornball Express, and I heard it was insane.

I heard that Shivering Timbers is pretty good, but the run after the turnaround is really tame, the best CCI I've heard was Boulder Dash, I think it has 14 instances of air [shocked]

Post October 26th, 2003, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion