Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Coasters That RMC Should Not Touch

Coasters That RMC Should Not Touch

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 2nd, 2015, 10:40 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
dcs221 wrote:
El Toro? Really? We are talking about the ride still ranked as #1 in the world, right? It's not as smooth as it was, but it's still on par with a lot of B&Ms, a similar level of roughness as Nitro in its own park, for example. More hard small bumps on track transitions in a couple spots, less heavy vertical shake on pullouts. I call it a wash.

but think about a rmc touching it that would be awesome ride from airtime to zero g rolls possible a corkscrew and tons of other stuff

Post March 2nd, 2015, 10:48 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post March 2nd, 2015, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

that's not how I think it should work I think put something good already and something better=EPIC

Post March 2nd, 2015, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ This is whats wrong with the world.

On topic as far as Knoebels goes I think Twister could use some love. I wouldn't want them to redesign it because it's already a great layout but it could use a decent retracking. When I rode it last summer is was still quite rough despite alot of the track being redone. Thundehawk @ Dorney would be interesting to see remodeled, even though it will never be touched because its a protected landmark.
What are these for?

Post March 2nd, 2015, 11:32 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
deere, the problem with that is El Toro is a bit past "if it ain't broke"...it's ranked as the best. You know what isn't ranked as the best? B&Ms and other rides with lots of inversions. It's not wrong to want the change for yourself, but I think that's a change that most others (GP or enthusiast) would say takes away from the ride. The layout itself isn't overly crazy, but that works in 2 ways...what it does, it does extremely well (for the most part), and it gives you time to enjoy those tricks. For example, the airtime isn't just a quick shot of negatives like most other rides; it's some of the strongest negatives of any ride, sustained for 2-3 seconds over full hills on the first half. Rides with airtime, pacing, and steep slopes like Toro are extremely rare.

Also side note, I hate to be that guy but it's hard to decipher your posts sometimes, a bit more punctuation and capitalization would help me.

Post March 2nd, 2015, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
LuckyK wrote:
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
^^Mean Streak doesn't have any history. It wasn't ground breaking, it wasn't famous, it was just another ride built in the crappy days of Dinn Corp. After that there are very few rides I would want to see converted, only rides that have no history, where never any good and are beyond saving with retracking.

1) Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster (Still the 5th tallest)
2) Biggest Wooden Coaster Drop (again still no.5)
3) Was the 2nd longest wooden coaster to The Beast
4) It's image is iconic even to GP
5) It's been GP memed repeatedly (Girl on the tricycle on a roller coaster is Mean Streak)
6) was featured on the Today's Show for 100 years of coasters special
7) survived two waterspouts, lightning, and fire

yeah it has history and it is famous

Stop touching coasters RMC, make your own! I get why they get hired to reprofile outdated coasters, but I'd rather have an all new expierence than a re-purposed old one. It's not going to live up to the memories, and it's really not "new". I'd rather see the old ones completely removed and the space better used if they want to replace an older coaster.

1) wahoo!! it's a couple feet taller than Texas Giant! So ground breaking!
2) Same as number one. No more ground breaking than rides like Fury or Desperado even.
3) Length=famous, good and historic, how? By that logic Gatekeeper is historic.
4) Are we talking about the same GP here? Because they have no Idea what ride it is, they just think its a big wood roller coaster.
5) So what, its no more famous than a cat.
6) And I've seen SLC's on specials like that, it really doesn't mean much.
7) So did almost all the other rides at CP.....(RIP: Vertigo)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 9:16 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

You guys forget that RMC can do more then just redesign these coasters. They replaced original track with topper track on rides like Cyclone (before they completely redid it) and Tremors without completely changing the ride experience. Not everything has to get the Iron horse treatment but RMC can breathe back a lot of life into rides you thought were dead.

I think Ghost Rider should get some RMC topper track love.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 9:18 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
RMC should touch any of the boardwalk/beachside wooden coasters in California. They may be quite old, but they do have a lot of history, and I hear that they're fun rides.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 9:45 am

coolbeans326 wrote:
You guys forget that RMC can do more then just redesign these coasters. They replaced original track with topper track on rides like Cyclone (before they completely redid it) and Tremors without completely changing the ride experience. Not everything has to get the Iron horse treatment but RMC can breathe back a lot of life into rides you thought were dead.

I think Ghost Rider should get some RMC topper track love.

How smooth does topper track make rides anyway? A ride like Ghostrider should still feel like a woodie, so I would prefer a GCI retracking rather than it feel like a steel coaster.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 10:28 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I did find it odd that SFFT topper tracked Rattler and then decided to just redo the whole ride less than a year later.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 22nd, 2015, 10:57 am

They did the same with Cyclone. Maybe they were seeing if they could save the original ride first?

Post March 22nd, 2015, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

El Toro may be 10 years old now, but as DC said above, it's still one of the smoother rides in the park. An I-box is not even in the realm of discussion right now.

I also think Boulder Dash shouldn't be even touched, as well as The Beast.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post March 22nd, 2015, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
*Unpopular opinon alert* Honestly, I don't think El Toro is that great. It's a smooth woodie, with an exhilarating drop, but I think it's way overrated. You can't honestly compare to other wooden coasters because the Intamin Prefabs seem like an entirely different breed. However, the second that Six Flags would even dare consider it for a RMC Retrack, I will smack a b*tch.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

Although I severely doubt it would ever happen, RMC better not come anywhere near Thunderbolt. On the other hand, they should feel free to come in and use that new land that Kennywood just bought out behind the Racer! :D

Post March 22nd, 2015, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I'll give em my kidney* if they promise to iBox The Legend...

*- not really.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 2:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
*Unpopular opinon alert* Honestly, I don't think El Toro is that great. It's a smooth woodie, with an exhilarating drop, but I think it's way overrated. You can't honestly compare to other wooden coasters because the Intamin Prefabs seem like an entirely different breed. However, the second that Six Flags would even dare consider it for a RMC Retrack, I will smack a b*tch.

To me EL Toro is great for what it is. But it's not even in the same league with Voyage. So one of the few times you and I agree!
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:04 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I will slap a bitch if they I-Box Boulder Dash.

Topper track might help on Yankee Cannonball though. It was rough as hell the last time I rode it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 19th, 2015, 7:01 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

I personally don't think RMC should touch any of Holiday World's wooden coasters because they seem too notable to be tampered with, even though I've heard The Voyage has gotten rougher.

Post May 19th, 2015, 7:15 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
^not even if they just topper tracked it?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post May 19th, 2015, 7:32 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
VF15 wrote:
I personally don't think RMC should touch any of Holiday World's wooden coasters because they seem too notable to be tampered with, even though I've heard The Voyage has gotten rougher.

RMC the Legend pls
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 19th, 2015, 7:42 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Metazoanhaddock wrote:
^not even if they just topper tracked it?

Okay, I guess they could give it topper track, but I don't think they should give it a full Iron Horse makeover.

Post May 19th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
1) Anyone that thinks that El Toro will ever be re-tracked by RMC should be ashamed of themselves.

2) Every wooden roller coaster at Holiday World is astonishingly smooth, and HW should teach other parks how to do whatever they do. Don't see it happening for any HW woodie.

3) Anything that any park approaches RMC to make-over is probably long overdue for a make-over anyway... **cough, Beast**
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 19th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

El Toro is a religious experience. RMC will never touch it (again)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post May 19th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I think RMC needs to redo The Beast. I'm sorry, but it's a stupid ride. It's just so much wasted potential that's been declawed over the decades it's been around.

RMC should come in and turn The Beast into something it should be: a beast.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post May 19th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,603.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
I feel like el toro should be but boulder dash shall never be touched

No, Intamin's prefab track is just another way of applying steel coaster design and manufacturing principles to wood coasters, just like what RMC does. Converting one to the other is pointless.

In addition, no CCI, GCI, or Gravity Group coasters should ever be RMC'd, except to save them (Gwazi). They should also not touch any coaster that has ACE Coaster Landmark status, any coaster that has or had ACE Coaster Classic status, any coaster ever ranked in the Golden Ticket Awards' top 10, and any coaster ever ranked in the top 14 on Mitch Hawker's poll.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions