Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Carowinds 2015 - Fury 325 Is Revealed!

Carowinds 2015 - Fury 325 Is Revealed!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 27th, 2015, 6:56 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Post February 27th, 2015, 9:41 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ No way, at least for me.
Anyways, here's a few extra photos and details...

fury1.png

Carowinds' General Manager has taken to Twitter once more to show off the latest Fury 325 developments, and this time around we've been able to see the giga coaster's impressive lighting scheme.

The entire lift hill is aglow with green LEDs, making the already hard-to-miss coaster stand out even more.

fury2.png

The lights do not stop there, however, as they are also found in the station area as well. The honeycomb shape is carried on throughout the queue and station, from the shade covers to the air-gates. Here we see more LEDs in the honeycomb shape serving as a grand entrance back into the station at the end of the ride.

fury3.png

This last photo shows the ride from a distance, glowing green from all the lights. Looks fantastic! Check out more photos as you scroll down via this link.

Carowinds has also announced details of the Fury 325 first rider auction, which will benefit the Cam Newtown Foundation and is planned to take place on March 25th. Seats on the first three trains will be auctioned off, with 100% of the proceeds being donated. There's already a great deal of bids in place, and the auction will close at the end of the day on March 15th. Great fun for a great cause!
credit newsplusnotes

Post February 27th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Really hope I'll make it down there this year.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post February 27th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
I think it's very likely Fury will top Millennium ride experience wise, but Millennium will always have that incomparable location. I can't get out to either coast for the new RMC projects, but I'll be getting on Fury this year for sure.

Post February 28th, 2015, 12:03 pm

I wish they did the rest of the lift hill and follow the supports down on it but hoping to make it out there in 2016

Post February 28th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Post February 28th, 2015, 1:36 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I think Fury 325 will be a great crowd pleaser, and easily be the best coaster in the South. But as said before, any coaster crazy (no pun intended) will tell you that MF is just the classic original Giga coaster that every person that rides it, loves. It is the one ride where I have never seen 1 person get off unhappy.

I know MF is overrated, but until something comes even close to it, it will be my tied #1 coaster with Dragster.

overrated coasters I ride I usually hate after riding I don't know why

Points on hand: 537.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I live in charlotte NC and I see this ride from my house when it is dark out side love it and I will be a carowinds opening day 9:30 hope to see some of our coaster crazy crew their YASSSSS
its my birthday

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
deere839 wrote:

I do know why: Because people hype a certain coaster in such way, that you're expecting a lot more from that ride than it actually delivers.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 2nd, 2015, 12:41 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
deere839 wrote:

I do know why: Because people hype a certain coaster in such way, that you're expecting a lot more from that ride than it actually delivers.

Like how I didn't expect a lot from Leviathan due to the under-hype, but now it is my favorite coaster.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I've heard rumors that Fury 325 will have its first test run sometime tomorrow. Looking forward to finally seeing this ride in action!

TTD03 wrote:
I think Fury 325 will be a great crowd pleaser, and easily be the best coaster in the South. But as said before, any coaster crazy (no pun intended) will tell you that MF is just the classic original Giga coaster that every person that rides it, loves. It is the one ride where I have never seen 1 person get off unhappy.

I know MF is overrated, but until something comes even close to it, it will be my tied #1 coaster with Dragster.

Except if the only force you feel is the sting of being pelted by an endless swarm of not-small bugs. Leviathan is a very similar experience with better trains and more airtime but a shorter ride time and inferior locale (unless bugs). I will give you $1 if Fury doesn't surpass MF on Mitch Hawker's poll by 2017.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

aj74205 wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

Except if the only force you feel is the sting of being pelted by an endless swarm of not-small bugs. Leviathan is a very similar experience with better trains and more airtime but a shorter ride time and inferior locale (unless bugs). I will give you $1 if Fury doesn't surpass MF on Mitch Hawker's poll by 2017.

Lol, not during the daytime :P
And your on for the $1 :P

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

Cannot wait to see people get absolutely bug rekt on Rougarou past 6PM in the front row.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:
I will give you $1 if Fury doesn't surpass MF on Mitch Hawker's poll by 2017.

I personally think Fury will probably surpass MF in it's opening year. But after a couple years it will settle down to a position that it's actually worth. So I think somewhere in the 2016-2017 poll Fury will drop back under MF.

(Speaking of the Mitch Hawker polls, I haven't seen any announcements yet for filling out the 2014 poll.)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

^Leviathan went from 18 to 13 from 2012-13 while Millennium held at 14. I haven't heard anything about the 2014 poll either >.>

i think if they were going to test it today it got canceled due to rain

I just like the feel of a B&M Giga/Hyper compared to their Intamin counterparts. B&M's just flow, and Intamin's like "Hey man, I hope you brought a neckbrace. Then I'm all like:

Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
B&M hypers do flow nicely, but I don't think Intamin hypers, all of which are ranked probably in the top 30 in the world (and some of which track better than some similar B&Ms), really warrant that reaction.

It's all about personal preference.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post March 3rd, 2015, 10:35 pm

My only reference for Intamin speed coasters is Millennium, and in my opinion every B&M hyper I've been on (most of them at this point) delivers more forces and I just don't dig it when Intamin-biased people act like it gives strong airtime or is forceful. That being said, Millennium has excellent pacing and is a damned fun ride in an unparalleled location, the ideal coaster to marathon. I think Fury will be similar. The first half of Leviathan effortlessly bests the first half of Millennium, but the pacing slows after the midpoint - Millennium is longer and finishes stronger. I hope that Fury will improve upon its predecessor to finish stronger as well. Hopefully they'll test tomorrow.

Post March 3rd, 2015, 10:41 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
10/10 picture
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 4th, 2015, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!