Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Divebomb: Intamin Vetical Lift Coaster

Divebomb: Intamin Vetical Lift Coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Maybe make the diagonals where possible a bit more slanted. They're meant to reduce shaking.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
On the lift They could cross slightly offset. You've got room.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Okay great thank you, I wasn't sure if crossing was fine or something to be avoided. I will do that.

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
The track work and supports you have now look good but, I do feel like the supports in general could be a little thicker... that could just be me though? But other than that, everything looks like it's coming together nicely! :)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post March 7th, 2015, 10:28 pm

It depends on which pictures you're looking at DechLave in terms of the support thickness! You're not the first person to say that, so I don't think you're wrong. I don't know why thicker supports just don't look right to me. Maybe if I make everything just a bit bigger it will still look good to my eyes while being more realistic. Currently the largest supports are basically 24", some diagonals are 20", and some connecting pieces are 16". Honestly the 36" pipes still look really big to me... maybe 30" where I now have 24, and everything else proportionately bigger??

And actually, that's what I'm doing *right now* and I can't remember if the supports had quite reached that thickness in even the most recent photos. I think so, though. They were way too thin at first.

Sorry I have so many questions for not much work but it's actually getting further along than it appears. I just want it to look right!

poster-2015-03-07-23-33-13.png

That's what the main lift supports look like now. They're still not totally done, mostly around the base of the drop is still unfinished. Please ignore the whackado supports on the air hill on the right; they obviously don't work (suggestions welcome).

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks good to me! Are you planning on support-modelling (or otherwise) the top of lift platform like on Fahrenheit?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Ugh I haven't really thought about it yet... I don't do 3Ds, so it definitely won't be that, but maybe I will indeed try to do something with supports. This being my first 100% custom-supported ride I'm trying to just take it one step at a time, but leaving the platform out would bother me also. So yeah I'll probably at least give it a shot.

Post March 10th, 2015, 4:18 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Could possibly use a fake track to get some auto-catwalks?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 12th, 2015, 5:17 pm

That's not a bad idea at all. I'll fool around with it... haven't been on my PC side and thus NL2 for a couple of days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area