Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Phantom's Revenge Recreation! (Back on track!)

Phantom's Revenge Recreation! (Back on track!)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Hey guys! Musical season is officially over now (we closed the show last night, had a blast!), so now I can get back into Nolimits designing! :D

I have been toying around with this idea for quite some time now, and I think I've finally gathered the motivation to begin work on it. With my Eagle Project for boy scouts going on as well in the background, updates might be sporadic, but I will be working hard to finish this! And I guess this can be counted as a Thunderbolt recreation as well, since the two rides connect, but I'll mainly be focusing on the Phantom.

Trying to model the terrain from a sketchup model is tricky! NL2 needs some kind of feature that could match the terrain to a model like this, or something. Would make it so much easier and better! :lol:

Capture.PNG

EDIT - I will be throwing my Chimera renovation and other project on hiatus while completing this project, kind of lost motivation for both of those in favor of this one. I'll definitely revisit those projects in the future!
Last edited by R3 Studios on May 28th, 2015, 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:03 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I work on stage crew for my musicals as well! I do the microphones.

What did you guys put on this year? We did Fiddler on the Roof.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:08 pm

We just pulled off West Side Story - and coming right out of Children of Eden last year it was pretty crazy. I run the lights in our crew :)

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:12 pm
Paradox User avatar

We are like twins :lol:

Performances are never perfect. Something will always go wrong when you least expect it.

One time after a mic switch, someone accidentally hit the off switch and the character came onstage and no one heard her. We were going ape sh*t trying to figure out what happened.

It was great. :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I was stage manager/set designer/audio-engineer for quite a few plays. One of the plays we did was so outstanding that the company that owns the rights to the show, actually let us keep the rights for a few years so no one else could do it for a while. (Seussical: The Musical.) Also, my favorite play to have worked on was Annie, I had so much fun. We used an actual dog for the role and I remember just walking around backstage half the time walking around with the dog telling people what to do. Ah, I miss it.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post March 22nd, 2015, 3:29 pm

That's nothing compared to our problem! :lol:

During the dream sequence of West Side Story (which wasn't in the movie and still confuses me as to why it's in the musical), we use about 8 intelligent lights to spot the actors as they moved around the stage. During intermission though, they all decided to turn off for some ungodly reason, and we didn't realize this until we cut to a blackout and they were supposed to come on. So now we've got actors singing on stage with no idea where to go and the audience not knowing what happened either. Thankfully we had one of the spotlights on, so the one operator jumped on and covered for the intelligent lights, as our board programmer jumped onto the light board to get the intelligents running, and I got the other spotlight working to cover for the rest of the lights - while running the rest of the cues in the scene on the same light board the other guy was fixing the issue on. The entire scene was basically improvised in the chaos with spot lights instead of the nice intelligent lighting - but we actually got praise for how well the scene looked, even though it was completely made up as we went! I'd call it a success on our end, but I was on edge for the rest of the night :lol:

This is about 3/4 of the list of cues for the sequence. All take place within about a minute and a half!
20150308_121832.jpg

Post March 22nd, 2015, 4:54 pm
Paradox User avatar

We get our scripts from the same company :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post March 22nd, 2015, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
If NL2 could import terrain from something like google maps( the same way google has meshed maps and sketchup), it would not only make for more accurate recreations but it could also allow for a lot of neat real-world meets fantasy ideas.
What are these for?

Post March 22nd, 2015, 9:24 pm

Paradox wrote:
We get our scripts from the same company :lol:

I'm starting to think we actually are twins :lol:

CKidd wrote:
If NL2 could import terrain from something like google maps( the same way google has meshed maps and sketchup), it would not only make for more accurate recreations but it could also allow for a lot of neat real-world meets fantasy ideas.

We need to get this idea to the developers! I would love to see this implemented. It took me all day to get about 3/4 of the terrain done and it's still pretty rough compared to the sketchup model.

Post March 23rd, 2015, 6:10 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I love how this is a phantom topic but all other 9 posts are about stage crew :lol:

Post March 23rd, 2015, 7:32 am

TTD03 wrote:
I love how this is a phantom topic but all other 9 posts are about stage crew :lol:

Only 6 technically :lol:
CKidd wrote:

Post March 24th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
RCT3rox wrote:
Only 6 technically :lol:

Can I go random here? "Only at 6 Flaaaags" that phrase's all of a sudden come into my mind, because of the word stage crew. They need more musical and puppet shows! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post March 25th, 2015, 7:19 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post March 25th, 2015, 7:44 am

Post March 26th, 2015, 6:49 am

^ Time to get back on Phantom's story. Let's do it, cause we've already had some fun musical days here. Good luck for your main project! :)

Post May 26th, 2015, 3:11 pm

EDIT - Bumped because I really could someone's help :)

REQUEST - Anyone who can export a .3ds model from Sketchup, I need some quick help with a terrain model! PM or reply here if you want to help, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes and I have the .skp file ready. I'll throw in 100 pts for help because it's for a school project! :D

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Try exporting .dae, works well too and can be done in the free version.

I have tried .dae, but when I export the terrain file (it's not a model, it's a 3D Google Earth terrain), it doesn't show up in the editor. I was told .3ds works, but since I have the free version I cannot export it as a .3ds model.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

I can do it. PM me and I'll have it done in a few minutes depending on how large the file is
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
I wish I had seen the discussion about theatre earlier! We just wrapped up a show about a week ago. I was the stage manager/set designer of a production of Figments by Billy St. John. This was the most hilarious show I've ever worked on. We counted 242 instances of audience laughter in one show.

jdmi012 wrote:
I wish I had seen the discussion about theatre earlier! We just wrapped up a show about a week ago. I was the stage manager/set designer of a production of Figments by Billy St. John. This was the most hilarious show I've ever worked on. We counted 242 instances of audience laughter in one show.

I don't think I've heard of that show before, but I remember counting around 150 or so laughs when we put on 42nd Street :lol:

Uh oh... going off the main "Phantom" topic again, but for a good laugh, that's okay! Never make this thread sound like "the Phantom of the Opera", though! :lol:

With some help from Coaster Hero & TallonD83, I can officially say this project is once again on track! :D

woor.PNG

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Sweet, glad to see things back on "track." Ba dum tiss
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area