Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
That element looks awesome - hopefully a few rolls thrown in there for good measure!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Clearly there is no relationship with Intamin if they just ordered new restraints for Maverick.

Sorry just saw this. They were ordered because that style of restraint has to be replaced every 2 years. So we obviously have to order parts from them. Doesn't mean were going to deal with them again.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
coasterdave wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Clearly there is no relationship with Intamin if they just ordered new restraints for Maverick.

Sorry just saw this. They were ordered because that style of restraint has to be replaced every 2 years. So we obviously have to order parts from them. Doesn't mean were going to deal with them again.

#rekt, #sadz, #nohope
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
coasterdave wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

#rekt, #sadz, #nohope

Coasterdave typed my thoughts. The Point has enough Intamins, though many CF parks could use one. But your launches are now belong to B&M. I actually got banned from TPR for suggesting there could be a connection between I305 needing extensive modifications and B&M building gigas now, lol.

As far as Taron, the scaffolding seems to indicate it'll be at least partially enclosed, which is not surprising.

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Seriously, seriously excited for this ride. I have to get out there and visit Phantasialand next year. I just can't believe how little (aside from those Screascape rumours of course) is known about this development. It looks like it's going to be another world class addition from the park. I'm trying to figure out that launch section from pictures but can't for the life of me see how this layout works. Haha :P
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
aj74205 wrote:
Coasterdave typed my thoughts. The Point has enough Intamins, though many CF parks could use one. But your launches are now belong to B&M. I actually got banned from TPR for suggesting there could be a connection between I305 needing extensive modifications and B&M building gigas now, lol.

1) How does B&M building one launch coaster, which may still be a complete failure, mean they know are the kings of launch coaster.
2) There is absolutely no connection between I305 and B&M building a Giga Coaster.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
I think its a bit naive to say no connection lol - there could be a multitude of reasons that B&M went into Giga coasters and Intamin's recent performance in the market might well have enabled them somewhat.

I'll certainly agree on 1) though.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
1) How does B&M building one launch coaster, which may still be a complete failure, mean they know are the kings of launch coaster.
2) There is absolutely no connection between I305 and B&M building a Giga Coaster.

Alvey, is that you? Thunderbird is testing full speed reliably, which is no surprise as the technology is by no means new - and given the CF/B&M track record I would be quite surprised if they do not collaborate on a launch coaster within a couple of years. I will give you $1 if there's not a launch coaster among Cedar Fair's stable of B&Ms by 2018.

^Thanks for making the connection, mkingy. When trends change, it's often due to an array of factors.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Canada's Wonderland would have went to Intamin if they couldn't convince B&M to break the 300 ft range, as they wanted a giga coaster no matter what. I don't I305 was an influence in this scenario. Walter Bolliger personally felt he owed the park as they couldn't build an invert there a couple years before. As for F325, Im not sure yet what went on in the decision making process, but they likely looked at the fact that I305 has been plagued by mechanical and engineering issues, while Leviathan hasn't at all.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
^ I don't think that's true. Just rumours. Probably they contacted a lot of manufacturers and they choosed that project. If you put the money they'll do what you want They ain't going to throw a 30 million contract away.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Since we're talking about Thunderbird, I've never literally had my interest in a coaster just disappear like it did with Thunderbird. I have like almost 0 interest in it anymore.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Dapalm wrote:
^ I don't think that's true. Just rumours. Probably they contacted a lot of manufacturers and they choosed that project. If you put the money they'll do what you want They ain't going to throw a 30 million contract away.

But it seems a little naive to think that I-305 was a total non-factor after having to change the restraints, add trims on the first drop, and eventually reprofile a whole chunk of track to make it more comfortable for the average park-goer. I'm not arguing that a park will send out feelers to more than one company for a major coaster project, usually anyway, and CF may have considered Intamin for Fury at a time. Ultimately, though, the most recent Intamin giga to go in a CF park needed extensive modifications. It just doesn't seem possible to ignore. How much this really influenced the ultimate decision is another conversation...

OT, I can't wait to see how the theming looks once everything comes together. Black Mamba is one of the most visually stunning rides around IMO.

Leviathan would have been built by b&m even if i305 went flawlessly. It was well in the planning stages by that time. If any intamin fail had an impact I would have been Maverick, given that it was about the same time planning started. Not sure if the invert thing was confirmed or not but it was going to be built but than Cedar Point built Raptor and B&M agreed not to open another within a certain radius. Maybe their was a feeling of debt but leviathan was meant to go to knots originally.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
yeah, knotts seems well overdue for a new coaster
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^^I also heard this as well. Knotts is likely next in line for a giga coaster, and everyone thought it was them, not Carowinds that would get a new giga before we found out
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Does Knotts have enough room for a Giga?
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Leviathan would have been built by b&m even if i305 went flawlessly. It was well in the planning stages by that time. If any intamin fail had an impact I would have been Maverick, given that it was about the same time planning started. Not sure if the invert thing was confirmed or not but it was going to be built but than Cedar Point built Raptor and B&M agreed not to open another within a certain radius. Maybe their was a feeling of debt but leviathan was meant to go to knots originally.

Yeah you're totally right, sorry. I got my years mixed up. For some reason I was thinking I-305 was '08, which of course it is not.

True Addicts
True Addicts

coasterdave wrote:
#Bloop

Oh no ma'am

True Addicts
True Addicts

Metazoanhaddock wrote:

Did they get the wild mouse like a year ago?

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Metazoanhaddock wrote:

Did they get the wild mouse like a year ago?

Yes and this year they are getting a ride similar to Wonder Mountain's Guardian.

I think Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun, or Michigan's Adventure are more in need of a new coaster. Michigan's Adventure especially.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Pretty much all of the Cedar Fair parks are in need of a new coaster.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^^ You forgot Dorney in that list. The last "new" addition was in 2005.
What are these for?

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Pretty much all of the Cedar Fair parks are in need of a new coaster.

yeah, that seems to sum it up nicely
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I want to ride this sooo bad.

Last edited by Paradox on April 10th, 2015, 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!