Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Intamin "SkyRush Type" Coaster - NL2 - GerstlCrazy

Intamin "SkyRush Type" Coaster - NL2 - GerstlCrazy

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I know it's been awhile since anything new. We're moving onto supports and objects. I'm working behind the scenes with another forum member right now who will be doing most of the object work. I'll be sure to release some updates as soon as we make something nice to look at [lol]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
This project is looking great, transitions are looking fun and it seems to be a pretty unique layout filled with some cool elements. Please do finish.

P.S. I look at your signature and my brain still cannot process how anyone could rank Poltergeist above NTAG, or any other decent steel coaster, ever.

My top ten has been edited since that list and looks very different haha, but I definitely enjoyed Poltergeist over NTG, that's for sure. NTG is painfully over-rated and is not on my top ten anymore.

Update that shite, lol. I do agree that NTAG is overrated, though I still find it better than Titan after many rides on both. For me, being tall, it's pretty key to sit in a row that doesn't have those terribly regrettable shin bars, ergo I always ride in back. But I just can't conceive of Poltergeist as even in the same league. For me, it was one of those rides you do once for the credit and never again, I am not sure I recall anything positive about it aside from its fairly forceful launch. I'll give it another shot this summer, though.

Also is your double spine created from supports at this point?

Oh I absolutely loved Poltergeist. Love love love. Yeah I'll update it soon haha.

My method hasn't been released. I'm not going to lay it out for public anytime soon though. Downloaders will have to investigate this track file when the ride is released if they want to replicate it.

Here's a little something new (as in, new angle).

Whatever your method is, it's lookin' pretty stellar.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I came up with this after about 5 minutes of fiddling. You can make the spine this way without having to resort to the Construction Kit, NL1, math, and all of those bad things. Gerstl either used the construction kit or some voodoo to remove the diagonal crossties.

1. Make your track
2. Save it as an element.
3. Paste it on top of itself
4. Sink the heartline down
5. Spam "simple" track connectors equidistant and connect them via pipes
6. Set the track as invisible.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for an additional track, and sink the heartline even lower.

You should end up with the hideous abomination I created below when you're done.

The heartline sinking process preserves radius scale, which is nice so that keeps you from going through radius change hell, which would happen if you tried to copypasta supports.

Perhaps someone could create a triangle track with no crossties by setting 3 two tube spine tracks offset and lowered from the original and adjusting the banking by 45 degrees in opposite directions. That's something I'm not willing to try but perhaps an adventurous type could while avoiding reverting to NL1 and the Construction Kit. Remember kids, eventually compatibility mode won't save you down the road if you're trying to run old programs.

The spines in the image I posted aren't scaled correctly at all, but you can get the general idea of it conceptually from my pic. Each color represents a different track used to create the look.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Other than the part about vertical spine connectors, flanges, and cross ties, you nailed it!

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Other than the part about vertical spine connectors, flanges, and cross ties, you nailed it!

So I got a gold star?

I didn't say flanges :( and you're a cheater-cheater pumpkin eater for using the CK.

I don't even know how to use the CK :shock: Isn't that just for NoLimits 1?

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Oh I absolutely loved Poltergeist. Love love love.

Not sure if sarcasm or truth.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
He's not being sarcastic. I was there with him. Poltergeist (and Joker's Jinx) are fcking incredible. The Flight of Fears are slightly less good because of the full stop MCBR and somehow they're a little rougher. But the design is absolutely legendary...

I'm genuinely not seeing why it's so hard to believe lol. Incredible layouts, smooth track, lots of forces, and impeccable pacing. What's not to love?

True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
I'm genuinely not seeing why it's so hard to believe lol. Incredible layouts, smooth track, lots of forces, and impeccable pacing. What's not to love?

The entire ride before the lapbars.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah I think Jinx is a lot of fun, and Poltergeist looks way better with a significantly faster launch. Last I rode Flight of Fear, the train tracked much worse than Jinx for whatever reason. You could tell right away on the half loop part of the first inversion. Guess either Premier made some improvements to the train/track between FoF and Jinx, or SFA maintained theirs better. Guessing the former.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I agree that the designs would be *horrible* with OTSRs instead of lapbars. I love the snuggly bars they all have now. They do jerk side to side a lot but you can't really feel it, I imagine it would be very feelable if you had a big thing smashing your ears.

The update is good news for my project lol. The tracks have so much more detail. Oh well, it only took a few days to produce the support-track anyway [lol]

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

The spine looks a lot better (not that yours was bad :D ). The Dev team really nailed all of the details, and now it's really starting to look like an IntaRide.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

No I totally agree. We worked with what we had, but this track type looks incredible. Kudos to the dev team ;)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Does SkyRush have such a underground tunnel?! ;) Or did you add it as your original section?
Last edited by lol240 on April 27th, 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

There is no tunnel on SkyRush

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I was joking. I noticed you changed the ride name a bit, like SkyRush "Type". ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

I mean... it was never meant to be a recreation but yeah, if that helps people understand the goal more easily, that's what I wanted ^____>

A little teaser from Dapalm's end =P

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area