Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports LuckyK's trips

LuckyK's trips

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 15th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I figured at this point it would just be easier to make thread for all of the trips that I'm going to take and post in just one thread.

currently I'm at the Mall of America which is absolutely amazing and technically the entire mall is the park not just Nickelodeon Universe because the mall itself owns the rides in the park, and has a contract with Nickelodeon for ride branding. As such I feel I should post pics of the other attractions at this amazing complex as well since they are often left out of the spotlight and are equally as impressive! If anyone wants specific shots of anything let me know. I'll be here at the mall today and tomorrow!

Post April 15th, 2015, 4:37 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Pictures of SpongeBob's lift and drop and the loop possibly with the train on it.

Panorama shots?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 20th, 2015, 5:30 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
The close-up photo of a ceiling would be amazing! Same feeling on WEM's Mindbender at the top of a lift hill. 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 22nd, 2015, 7:10 pm

Finally... PICS!

had a great time at MOA, got to do more than just Nick Universe there though most of the attractions don't allow pics. I was able to get the pics requested so lets get them posted!

ceiling shots for Lol240

Sadly the Atomic Collider was closed for maintenance specifically for the days of my vacation haha, but I did get to talk about rides with the workers who were strangely shocked I knew what I was talking about -_- This ride has an awesome sign but it didn't show up well on pics because it's see through glass

Glad I got to ride Danny Phantom before it goes, I've never ridden this style before and it is FUN!!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn17 ... lud6yz.jpg
Also love the theme!

Surprising airtime up there/ ceiling shot

this sign is HYOOOGE

I don't think Spongebob is rough like everyone says, the cars seem a bit rattly/wobbly on the track during transitions but to me, on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being glass smooth I'd say about 5. Much smoother in the back row. Also this is a completely different animal than Mystery Mine, I consider this my first classic Euro-fighter

^^^ All-of-the-G's roll.

OMG it was so slow. Fun element but by no means a zero-G roll

Lift pics for Paradox

alllllmost an inversion

The loop is awesome! Near zero-G's at the apex and some slight lats, one of my favorite loops even though it's not that big.

The loop sort of starts kinda inclined and turns at the top to straighten out, hard to get clear angled shots through the fences

the infamous weird support

Interesting how only a few of the supports are permanent

The Sunken ship themed ropes course entrance

The claustrophobic Anchor Drop Slides, Part of the Flying Dutchman's Rope hell upcharge thing.

Additional 15.00 please! Looks like a lot of fun but I'm too lazy to pay the upcharge for that much of a work out haha

The Fairly Odd Coaster goes almost everywhere in the park and as such is hard to photograph. First operating Gerstlauer Spinner for me and these are now my favorite! The heart-lining and spinning makes this much more intense IMO than Maurer-Sohne styled ones. Reverchon... >_>

***unfortunately the site logged me out and only uploaded 1/3 of the post and I lost all that work. I may do it again later but I'm so mad right now lol

Post April 22nd, 2015, 9:00 pm
Paradox User avatar

Wow I never realized how nice this park is! It is seriously underrated!

SpongeBob's pullout is so hot. I think I might have a sexual attraction to Gerstlauer. :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post April 22nd, 2015, 9:17 pm

Okay Spongebob... Let's redo this.

Left off at Fairly Odd (supported) Coaster

the chain is almost 3ft. from the track... is that normal?

I love that they refused to move that one tree to build the coaster

Love how this pic came out, also love that Wave Swinger

it has backwards seats!

totally should be more of these. This ride is awesome! Though it will rob you of everything loose. You have been warned.

The "Dora the Explorer Wheel" The true name is a spanish phrase I can't remember or pronounce or spell so Dora Wheel :D (sorry Oscar)

I love how it's suspended in the air over the walkway

scariest boarding platform for a Ferris Wheel ever

My favorite Log Ride! It's long, fast has two steep drops with one in the dark, animatronics, music and a confusing layout in an impossibly tight space. I love this ride! And I got DRENCHED! Not from the drops but there is a part where there is rapids to slow the log down and water just poured in the log.

it was so slow they were running rides just to run them

I miss these at Cedar Point

Pepsi Orange Streak Station. This coaster goes ERRYWHERE! Even through the log ride mountain

looooooooooong train o.o

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shellshocker

It's the world's largest Bowflex Machine. To get it to flip is exhausting! my record is 41 flips. I had to take a nap after. Seriously! #notfatguyfriendly

It may not look like it, but this ride really has just a lapbar! the OTSR's are at least a foot away from my body and I'm a hefty guy. I really wish there was more restraints actually as it can be pretty uncomfortable on your thighs if you get stuck upside-down or sideways.

It was funny watch the GP on this. They had no idea it was more than a Paratrooper and just sat there

these should not be next to each other. Peeps... blech!

Drops like 8 times. What it lacks in height it makes up for in randomness, it drops at different heights before making it to the top for the full drop. Then it climbs to the top after that and full drops again. It may even have different cycles as one time it waited so long at the top I thought it broke

Barnyard coaster

Pan-ish shots I suck I know T_T

That's Avatar in the middle. The World's smallest Halfpipe according to the workers. As you can see, it's fairly walled off from the ground and hard to get close pics of. First one I've ever been on and man is it awesome! When the cars start to spin the seats throw you way off center. Gotta go to Denver and ride the full-sized one!

Mall was DEAD \o/ Walk ons for every ride

there are four coasters in this pic

They advertise a luminosity styled dance party at mall close

For the one girl that has never seen spotlights before.

it was just one rack of stage lighting. Pretty weak... but for small kids I'm sure it was enough

These walls weren't here the first day I came and were half around the lodge when I took this. I was told the lodge is being converted into a 5D theater

this is next to the Ferris Wheel. Can't imagine this space for something other than a coaster. Please be for a coaster <3

Lego Store

Lego mech is like three stories tall and on top of the store! It is the World's largest indoor lego construct

for the price of a SF season pass you can get this Lego Scrambler! All the assembly required

I love these larger than life lego scenes

the pick-a-brick wall. Top middle please! They only go about two rows above his head though, the rest are just images

Minnesota Sea Life is amazing! I was totally impressed by this! You'll totally forget you are in a mall.

Did not disappoint

totally worth the 17.00 and very well themed from door to door

there were a few well done touch pools of animals you don't normally get to see like non stinging anemone's I made that guy touch one before I would lol. I've been stung on the beach before. Not pleasant.

In addition to the touch pools there were also open pool exhibits, they were a nice change of pace from just tanks.

The stingray touch pool was closed while new rays got adjusted to the habitat. Because of this they were giving a free admission ticket to return in May or June when it reopened! Take note parks...

there was also a rain forest section with reptiles and frogs and such. It was really well done with real plants

The underwater tunnels walked all over SeaWorld's omg

I believe there were three of them. One Salt water, one tropical fresh water and one local

The Seahorse exhibit was a lot of fun, they are so small and cute!

CLAWS! was the current advertised exhibit. It was for various lobsters, shrimps and crabs. It was very well done and nicely themed.

the tanks were crab themed themselves and had space to crawl under and see from the bottom looking up

no hugs for you

this was about the size of a basketball . *shivers

My absolute favorite part is the Jellyfish hall. I could live there watching them float and swim so majestic and serenely

the tanks were in a small mirror maze with changing lights that made them glow all colors, it was very beautiful with the music they had playing

I also did the backstage tour. Phil was our guide and he is a steller orator!

The kitchen

The lab!

Also on the tour was a walk about the tanks holding the underwater tunnels. We weren't allowed to take pictures of that area but it was cool seeing the visitors walking under us through the water and you really get a sense for how big the fish and sharks really are. The Sea turtles swam right up to us and were gigantic!

If you haven't been to the Mall of America you should add it to your bucket list. It was totally worth the trip up there and an amzing vacation in itself. Also VallyFair! is like 15 minutes away so two-for-one during the summer! It opens on the 15th Good Times!

Post April 24th, 2015, 9:51 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I was completely moved by a collection of MOA photos showing the awesomeness of that facility! And by a few ceiling photos you snapped for me, too! :-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 30th, 2015, 4:05 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Thanks for the great trip report! Looks like you had a fun time at Nick Universe.

LuckyK wrote:
the chain is almost 3ft. from the track... is that normal?

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was at the park back in February. I guess it is a normal thing, but I wonder why it does that since I've never seen that on any other coaster. :?

Post April 30th, 2015, 4:18 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Those are some really nice pics! Thank you Lucky for sharing it with us! MOA looks very interesting :D
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 30th, 2015, 7:59 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Wild Mouse at Dorney also does that with the chain. When the car rolls over it though, it pushes the chain down immediately. I'm assuming it does it for cable tension reasons.

Post April 30th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
LuckyK I also love the Log Chute so much! It's my #3 favorite water ride. If you love that one so much, you have to get down to Universal IOA. Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls is hands down the best log ride ever made.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 30th, 2015, 8:55 pm
Paradox User avatar

^I loved Ripsaw Falls so much especially that drop it felt like it dragged on forever.

I think Chiapas wins best water ride with River Quest taking second.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post May 1st, 2015, 8:25 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The chain on some of the Gerstlauer bobsleds is like 5ft off the track also. It seems to be an occasional Gerstlauer trait. Thanks for posting the pictures Lucky, they were neat to see!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports