Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions First Busch Gardens Williamsburg Visit on 4/26! Tips?

First Busch Gardens Williamsburg Visit on 4/26! Tips?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Or possibly 4/25... I actually haven't gotten confirmation yet on the exact date :lol:. But as part of our school's annual band trip, we'll be heading out to Busch from Virginia Beach, and I was wondering if you guys could offer up any tips on what to hit first/what to ride multiple times/best food places/etc.

And also, are the Quick Queue passes worth it? As part of a promotional service BGW is doing for their 40th anniversary, they're only $30 that weekend instead of $50. Me and my friends are considering them at the moment, but a 2nd opinion from people who know the park would be nice :).

Turns out, instead of the 26th, we will be at the park on the 25th. You know, the same day Tempesto opens and the GP does its mass rush to be some of the first riders and overcrowds the park afterwards. And on top of this, we have a limited itinerary to follow - any suggestions for the best way to get the most rides in? We're most likely going to get the unlimited Quick Queue passes as well since they'll be on sale that weekend.

Itinerary:
11:00am Load Busses and Depart for Busch Gardens
12:00pm Arrive at Busch Gardens
Lunch on your own @ Busch Gardens One Busch Gardens Blvd
2:00pm Awards Ceremony @ Royal Palace Theatre
5:00pm-6:00pm Dinner in Busch Gardens @ Black Forrest Picnic Area
9:00pm Depart For Hotel

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Personally, I'd skip tempasta and marathon the other rides, which I'd imagine would be empty.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

We definitely want to try and get one ride on Tempesto, but the other rides are priority. And also, can Quick Queue passes be brought in the park or are they an online-only purchase?

Don't mean to double post - but we were wondering what the best place to eat is at the park. We've heard a ton of great things about the different restaurants, but can't decide on what would be best!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Obivously, haha. We just went to a restaurant somewhere Irish - at that point we were too hungry to care where we ate :lol:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

RCT3rox wrote:
Obivously, haha. We just went to a restaurant somewhere Irish - at that point we were too hungry to care where we ate :lol:

That's usually how in pans out for me at most parks :P

Return to General Theme Park Discussions