Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Coasters That RMC Should Not Touch

Coasters That RMC Should Not Touch

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 19th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I agree with Gerst, the Holiday World coasters were all phenomenal lol. They should not be touched.

Opposite of topic: The only two I can think of right now that would be awesome for RMC to touch are Boss and Mean Streak. Beast is really rough and overdue but I don't know if it's really a viable project for them. It's huuuuuuuge. But surely possible I suppose.

Post May 20th, 2015, 3:29 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
ACE woodies should not also be touched so they can tell visitors a traditional ride experience! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post May 23rd, 2015, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Just a rumor until it happens of course. But a friend of mine got a chance to talk to Alan Schilke at WC media day and he hinted that he has one more Six Flags conversion contracted to do for the 2016 season. After that the price will go up significantly to do one of these conversions because they are so much work and require so much manpower. Six Flags got a break because they offered them so much work from the beginning and really helped to put the company on the map. Every conversion has cost the company (SF) roughly $10 million, and that unfortunately can't continue. Then the company will focus on mostly ground up designs, unless someone is willing to shell out big bucks for one of their conversions.

Personally, I'd say RMC has reached Intamin/B&M territory now, and should be charging more.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post May 23rd, 2015, 10:46 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
^
Hmm... I wonder what coaster it's going to be for next year. Maybe it's The Boss or Georgia Cyclone or one of the Roar clones, but those are just guesses.

Post May 23rd, 2015, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Well if they're going to be have to significantly increase the price after their last "low-cost" RMC refurb, I say go big. (Go Six Flags? :lol:) Is refurbing Boss @ Six Flags St. Louis a good idea? Because an RMC refurb of that ride would be really interesting.
Last edited by AmatsuNL on May 23rd, 2015, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post May 23rd, 2015, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
From what I've heard, the park doesn't want to since the length would have to be cut to much. I'd say Iron streak is still a good possibility, even if it costs close to 20 mil instead of 10.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post May 23rd, 2015, 2:10 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
When I rode Mean Streak I thought it wasn't bad, and apparently it has improved since then (far better than the tragic Texas Giant before its conversion). Mean Streak could still be reworked by RMC, but I don't think it's a given. I get the impression that the Point doesn't want to lose 1 of its 2 existing woodies.

Post May 23rd, 2015, 2:13 pm

I get the impression they do, given that its now the worst ride in the park and they've fixed every other coaster people have complained about. I agree its not all that rough though, but its still just a boring, unhistorical ride that just wasn't well designed. Plus I'm still betting its a massive woodie for next year.

Post May 24th, 2015, 5:06 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Well the rumor streak says that Great Adventure could possibly get one, but you never know.

Post May 24th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Interesting fact, RMC said that they have one Six Flags conversion in 2016, and from there they will significantly raise the price on them. They require so much manpower and such to build so charging only 10 million just isn't enough.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post May 27th, 2015, 1:23 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
Interesting fact, RMC said that they have one Six Flags conversion in 2016, and from there they will significantly raise the price on them. They require so much manpower and such to build so charging only 10 million just isn't enough.

aka. you're impressed with our product so we can now make more profit off it :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post May 27th, 2015, 6:19 am

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
I may be late to the conversation, but I want to throw in my 2 cents.

deere839 wrote:
dcs221 wrote:
El Toro? Really? We are talking about the ride still ranked as #1 in the world, right? It's not as smooth as it was, but it's still on par with a lot of B&Ms, a similar level of roughness as Nitro in its own park, for example. More hard small bumps on track transitions in a couple spots, less heavy vertical shake on pullouts. I call it a wash.

but think about a rmc touching it that would be awesome ride from airtime to zero g rolls possible a corkscrew and tons of other stuff

This was one of the most hypocritical things I've heard from you, deere... You don't want anyone to touch Boulder Dash, since it's your home ride. But you're insisting on changing a ride of much higher quality, simply because it should have inversions and cooler elements. That's the exact equivalent of saying they should RMC Boulder Dash so it has more inversions and a smoother layout... In fact, it's more reasonable to RMC Boulder Dash than El Toro... I thought the point of this topic was to talk about great wooden coasters that shouldn't be RMC'd, yet your suggesting a great woodie SHOULD be RMC'd... GG.

Post May 27th, 2015, 7:50 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
mrcrolly wrote:
I may be late to the conversation, but I want to throw in my 2 cents.

deere839 wrote:
dcs221 wrote:
El Toro? Really? We are talking about the ride still ranked as #1 in the world, right? It's not as smooth as it was, but it's still on par with a lot of B&Ms, a similar level of roughness as Nitro in its own park, for example. More hard small bumps on track transitions in a couple spots, less heavy vertical shake on pullouts. I call it a wash.

but think about a rmc touching it that would be awesome ride from airtime to zero g rolls possible a corkscrew and tons of other stuff

This was one of the most hypocritical things I've heard from you, deere... You don't want anyone to touch Boulder Dash, since it's your home ride. But you're insisting on changing a ride of much higher quality, simply because it should have inversions and cooler elements. That's the exact equivalent of saying they should RMC Boulder Dash so it has more inversions and a smoother layout... In fact, it's more reasonable to RMC Boulder Dash than El Toro... I thought the point of this topic was to talk about great wooden coasters that shouldn't be RMC'd, yet your suggesting a great woodie SHOULD be RMC'd... GG.

lol no.

Boulder Dash>El Toro
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 27th, 2015, 8:01 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
that wasn't his point though...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post May 27th, 2015, 8:16 am

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
@paradox The point I was trying to make was not that Boulder dash was better than El toro, as I have ridden both and believe they are equal in greatness (Although Completely different experiences). What I was implying was that Deere was targeting one ride over the other to be RMC'd, when neither of them need to be. The fact that he was being so narrow minded to say that Boulder dash can't ever be RMC'd, when at the same time suggesting to RMC El Toro, is absolutely hypocritical. Another point I was taking to mind was that El toro is in better condition than Boulder Dash. So he was also implying that the one in better condition should get a makeover, rather than the one in worse condition. (I do think that Boulder Dash needs a Retracking, only to keep it in good condition). To end what I said, I was implying that Deere was being hypocritical to not have his favorite ride RMC'd. Yet to RMC another woodie that's just as good.

Post May 27th, 2015, 11:24 am
Paradox User avatar

mrcrolly wrote:
@paradox The point I was trying to make was not that Boulder dash was better than El toro, as I have ridden both and believe they are equal in greatness (Although Completely different experiences). What I was implying was that Deere was targeting one ride over the other to be RMC'd, when neither of them need to be. The fact that he was being so narrow minded to say that Boulder dash can't ever be RMC'd, when at the same time suggesting to RMC El Toro, is absolutely hypocritical. Another point I was taking to mind was that El toro is in better condition than Boulder Dash. So he was also implying that the one in better condition should get a makeover, rather than the one in worse condition. (I do think that Boulder Dash needs a Retracking, only to keep it in good condition). To end what I said, I was implying that Deere was being hypocritical to not have his favorite ride RMC'd. Yet to RMC another woodie that's just as good.

I know. I was just trying to make a joke. I get your point entirely, but when has Deere not been hypocritical of anything that isn't related to Sea World?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post May 27th, 2015, 11:34 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
^isn't he rather hypocritical when it comes to Sea World as well?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post May 27th, 2015, 2:12 pm
Paradox User avatar

^Well usually it's just like OMG C WORL IS BEST PARK EVER THEY R GETTING HUG B&M LAUNCHED AQUETREX AIRTIME MACHINE.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post May 28th, 2015, 6:53 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ However, Mako will be something really cool at that park! I saw Sea World's official teaser posted on this forum today. That B&M Hyper will be like racing with Kraken in a distance! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post May 28th, 2015, 2:02 pm

^It really is a nearly perfect fit for the park.
It's been a long time

Post May 28th, 2015, 2:10 pm
Paradox User avatar

Ugh I wish SeaWorld had the money to RMC Gwazi. They could do something so epic with that.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post May 30th, 2015, 2:30 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ I'm questioning the logic behind "We don't have the money to tear down this coaster, but we have enough to build 3 new ones in 3 parks in 2 years"
On topic, there's not much of a layout for a thunderhawk makeover, but if cedar fair would put in topper track to make it bearable again, I would be game. Its not going anywhere unless its set on fire, since it is a state landmark, so I would enjoy seeing it run like it was new again.

Anyone could certainly agree that Hershey's wildcat needs to be retracked, but I would think GCI would be better at retracking their own rides
What are these for?

Post May 30th, 2015, 6:01 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
LuckyK wrote:
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
^^Mean Streak doesn't have any history. It wasn't ground breaking, it wasn't famous, it was just another ride built in the crappy days of Dinn Corp. After that there are very few rides I would want to see converted, only rides that have no history, where never any good and are beyond saving with retracking.

1) Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster (Still the 5th tallest)
2) Biggest Wooden Coaster Drop (again still no.5)
3) Was the 2nd longest wooden coaster to The Beast
4) It's image is iconic even to GP
5) It's been GP memed repeatedly (Girl on the tricycle on a roller coaster is Mean Streak)
6) was featured on the Today's Show for 100 years of coasters special
7) survived two waterspouts, lightning, and fire

yeah it has history and it is famous

Stop touching coasters RMC, make your own! I get why they get hired to reprofile outdated coasters, but I'd rather have an all new expierence than a re-purposed old one. It's not going to live up to the memories, and it's really not "new". I'd rather see the old ones completely removed and the space better used if they want to replace an older coaster.

1) wahoo!! it's a couple feet taller than Texas Giant! So ground breaking!
2) Same as number one. No more ground breaking than rides like Fury or Desperado even.
3) Length=famous, good and historic, how? By that logic Gatekeeper is historic.
4) Are we talking about the same GP here? Because they have no Idea what ride it is, they just think its a big wood roller coaster.
5) So what, its no more famous than a cat.
6) And I've seen SLC's on specials like that, it really doesn't mean much.
7) So did almost all the other rides at CP.....(RIP: Vertigo)

Like kingda Ka or any other title older?

facts are facts. it still has history and is historic. don't try to downplay being wrong bc you dont like it ;p And yes, Gatekeeper is historic. Facts are facts. The next Wing coaster .0005 inches longer and taller than Gatekeeper will be record breaking and historic also.

But yeah, this year Mean Streak is worse than its been in a long time. Last year it was a must ride for me everytime but now... I dunno what happened... The screeching of rust and tarnished wheels on steel makes my ears bleed out >_< heartbreaking, I love diving through all that structure like that, but yeah I think it really is on its way out this time.

Post May 30th, 2015, 9:13 am

Kingda Ka is not historic. It was a clone of TTD but slightly bigger. If your saying that is historic, so Tower Of Terror, Desperado, Fury, and Banshee, which they're just not.

Post May 30th, 2015, 10:24 am

^Not necessarily a clone, but close enough in design to be considered a clone. Really, the GP decides what's historic or not; if they talk about a ride a lot, it will become popular for a very long time. If not, then it doesn't matter how good the ride is, it won't be historic.
It's been a long time

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions