Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Lightning Rod: Launched RMC Coming to Dollywood!

Lightning Rod: Launched RMC Coming to Dollywood!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
If SFDK's Roar is to get an RMC makeover, that ride would likely be my first ever RMC in the near future. :D
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Here is what I think:

The name is Shot Rod. It will have an inclined LSM launch. It will have a 163' elevation change. It will be 3850' long. It will have 13 moments of airtime.

The coaster itself won't be dueling. The coaster itself will also NOT cost $20+ mill alone,but maybe with all the theming and terrain work though it will cost close. It will not have any inversions.

Also, the Six Flags project is 100% Roar at SFDK and it will be IBox (STOP CALLING IT IRON HORSE PEOPLE, THAT IS NOT A THING!!!)
- GhostRider may happen in the near future, but not until at least 2017.
Twisted Twins at Kentucky Kingdom will be IBox as well, but I am hearing that it won't be dueling or racing anymore... :(

Take my opinion as you will, but I will post a video of me eating my hat if I am wrong about any of this.

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
>$20 million is a lot of cash, I'm sure it will be significantly longer than Outlaw Run; though, historically launched coasters have always been short (besides maybe Formula Rossa)

and Cheetah Hunt, Maverick, Helix, Backlot Stunt coasters, Intamin Spaghetti Bowls, Mack Blue fire clones, and the Vekoma LSM models. Give it a chance XD

With SFDK I put my chips in a full make over. You wouldn't need surveyors for a re-track same with KK. Nothing new to the site would really be happening. Besides, out of the blue park reboots is kind of Six Flags Modus operandi. Like when they tossed that brand new state of the art Vekoma Flyer in the corn fields of Maryland at SFA. It'd be like a MKx brutality on Vortex too haha. Which is why I know its gotta happen. So excited for next year! And this August to hear about Valravn \o/

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
^Intamin spaghetti bowls, wha?

I guess it is much more likely that Roar gets the RMC treatment given that Six Flags has one IBox conversion left on the books (also chickenbowl is right, IBox is the proper name, not even sure where Iron Horse originated). 2016 already looks fairly promising, with a B&M hyper and potentially the world's best spinner out in the wild, 3 RMC projects, Cedar Point's rumored dive, possibly a launched coaster of some description for Canada's Wonderland and of course - the remainder of Six Flags' Larson loop order.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Plus two more Justice League dark rides, two more S&S Fly Free rides (one of them themed).
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
chickenbowl wrote:
(STOP CALLING IT IRON HORSE PEOPLE, THAT IS NOT A THING!!!)

"Iron Horse" is what Six Flags calls I-Box track, so it is a thing.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Oh, right, Iron Horse is simply Six Flags' moniker for IBox track. I always knew RMC called it IBox but I wasn't exactly sure where Iron Horse came into play, it's basically just Six Flags marketing.

I'm really curious to see how Dollywood's project evolves, particularly whether it'll be IBox or wooden...plus the terrain in the area looks fantastic.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
dcs221 wrote:
https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/iron-rattler

lol why do people argue against easily provable facts?

Exactly. So I use "Iron Horse" strictly when it comes to Six Flags RMC conversions.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

I know SF has used it in the past, but not since 2013. SF also calls Batman an S&S Free Fly when it's actually a Free Spin. I go by what the manufacturer calls it, IBox and Topper Track. When I talked to a guy from RMC, he said that he doesn't know why SF even says Iron Horse...

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/at ... e/overview

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
lol, I can't hear you over the sound of your story being changed. Really not that significant what we call it though, companies will advertise how they see fit.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Assuming that Roar at Discovery Kingdom will get the RMC treatment, I wonder if it means they'll send the old Millennium Flyer trains to Six Flags America because SFA's Roar is the only GCI that still uses PTC trains if I remember correctly.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
Assuming that Roar at Discovery Kingdom will get the RMC treatment, I wonder if it means they'll send the old Millennium Flyer trains to Six Flags America because SFA's Roar is the only GCI that still uses PTC trains if I remember correctly.

So they can make SFA's Roar even more airless?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
A classic car in the last photo means a RMC style might come to that park? I guess like that because "New Texas Giant" has a classic convertible style. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
INdeed - it is an old car that has been renovated ;)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 179.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
is this a Hoax or a glitch
Photo Credit:Coaster101.com
Attachments
11217965_10153549546024866_8021675006809714201_n.jpg

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I bet whatever this coaster ends up being, deere wants it at Fun Spot
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^I don't know if you knew this yet but there are two Fun Spots and one of them only has steel coasters!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^ownage. how ironic

EDIT: I just tried to recreate that picture and nothing is coming up. Either they quickly took it down like the fake Centurion countdown page last year or someone is pretty good with inspect element. If it's real then I'm surprised the animation is already done. I thought it was a last-minute thing.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

^it could have been a glitch that brought it up plus isn't the animation thing the first thing done so they know what there buying

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
^I don't know if you knew this yet but there are two Fun Spots and one of them only has steel coasters!

they both have steel coasters. One has a spinner, the other has a Jr. Invert

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!