Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best Hershey Park Coaster

Best Hershey Park Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best Hershey Park Coaster

Lightning Racer
29%
Roller Soaker
10%
Great Bear
29%
Sidewinder
No votes
Comet
14%
Sooperdooperlooper
No votes
Wildcat
19%
Wild Mouse
No votes

Total votes : 21

Post December 2nd, 2003, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
I was just at Hershey Park last summer and I really though it was a great park. I liked allmost all the rides there. My favorite was Lightning Racer followed by Wildcat. 3rd best being Great Bear. I am wondering what your guys favorite coaster there is.

Post December 2nd, 2003, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I havn't ridden any coasters there, but Wildcat looks the best, even though it probably isn't that great. Lightniing Racer looks fun but I heard it lacked force, and was a tame ride without air and laterals.

Post December 2nd, 2003, 10:54 pm

Yeah, you are right IF397 about Lightning Racer. It does lack force in some parts. Also it was very fun. I think you would like it. And Wildcat was a fun woodie too. It had better forces than Lightning Racer I thought. But I still thing LR beats Wildcat out for some reason.

Post December 3rd, 2003, 11:29 pm

I was wondering if anybody has ever been on Roller Soaker. That was the only roller coaster there I didn't ride. I am just wondering if it is fun or just a waist of time.

Post December 4th, 2003, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Hershey is my home park and yes i have roden rollersoaker. it is a waste of time. I only ride it if it's an walkon or only a couple of people are on. I found it funner to shoot people on the ground with the water guns. And i cant say i like wildcat because it became rough later in the year(atleast to me) and i dont like rough woodies. And i picked lightning racer as my favorite manily because it's a fun, smooth woodie. Also it's really fun if you know someone on the other side. And on lightning racer i like thunder (green, left side of station) better because on the first 2 drops it feels like your nearer to the structure (which i like). also the millenium flyer cars add to the ride

Post December 4th, 2003, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post December 4th, 2003, 7:37 pm

speaking of Comet, that was the first roller coaster I ever have riddin in my life. Not to get off topic though. And also, no, last year when I went to Hershey Park was not the first time I went to ride a roller coaster. I went the like 4 years ago, too.

Post December 10th, 2003, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,937.00 Points
Originally posted by SMer

I love Comet

so do i... that's what i voted for.

Post December 10th, 2003, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,512.00 Points

Post December 22nd, 2003, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 2,553.00 Points
Comet. Great Bear is stupid with that little turn thingy before the first drop.

Post January 3rd, 2004, 1:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Probably goes to Wildcat for me, Lightning Racer didn't do much of anyting for me, felt like a B&M, not much force to it, and NO laterals at all. Wildcat didn't have much laterals, but it had a certian spunk and intensity to it that most GCIs don't posess. Comet could EASILY be the best coaster there, and probably one of the top 5 in the world if the trim brake was removed. The first 1/3 has great air and stuff, then it just slows to a stop in teh turn above the station, the rest of the ride is pretty hum drum, but it does pick up a little air by the end. I can only imagine what kind of monster this had to have been before the brakes!

I honestly think that Great bear is one of teh weakest B&Ms I have ridden, as half of the ride consisted of relatively slow turns and not much pacing at all. The helix off the lift is a great idea, but after that its jsut like any other looper, then it kind of meanders around sooperdooperlooper pretty slowly. I imagine this new rocket coaster will be pretty sweet though.

Post January 3rd, 2004, 4:29 pm

I agree nightride, Great Bear sucks. However I do like that it is a totally different B&M design. But other then that, it's lame. And I also cant wait untill Storm Runner, looks like the best rocket coaster yet.

Post January 16th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,049.00 Points

Post January 16th, 2004, 10:26 pm

o crap, yes i forgot trailblazer. that was my brothers favorite ride their, how could i forget. stupid me.

Post January 17th, 2004, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
this is a lil off topic but after i rode trailblazer in the rain i swore i'd never ride another coaster in the rain again. When it went down the drop for somereason it jerked to the right and we almost hit that concrete wall. Trailblazer isnt that bad tho. The helix's are pretty nice and how it kicks in before the helix

Return to General Theme Park Discussions