Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Greatest Article Ever

Greatest Article Ever

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 29th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I usually ignore stuff like this, but this article was just too good. It names the best park in each state in the USA.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-best-a ... 07942.html

My favorites include:

California: Pacific Pier > Disneyland / Disney's California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and every other park in California. I haven't been so I can't judge, but I can't help but feel like it's pretty wrong lol

Connecticut: Quassy > Lake Compounce... You're entitled to your opinions and all, but I feel like they actually haven't visited many of these parks...

Georgia: I don't really know what this Stone Mountain Park is, but I don't think it's enough of an amusement park to be placed over SFOG or Wild Adventures

New Jersey: I agree! Clementon Park is a shining example of what an amusement park should be. It's a beautiful park with great theming. The train ride is themed to a zoo... maybe... I think. Six Flags Great Adventure and Morey's Piers don't even compare.

New York: They decide to pick one little section of Coney Island as the best park in New York (not even the best section) and when it comes to a resort with 4 large theme parks 2 large water parks and over 25,000 acres of land they just say "Disney World..."

Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania has 2 of the best parks I've been to in Kennywood and Knoebel's, both having a world class coaster as well as Hersheypark and Waldameer also having world class coasters, and their choice is Sesame Place. I would normally respect that decision if there wasn't such an outstanding selection of parks across the state.

There are more, but you should just see for yourself
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post July 29th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Stone Mountain park is a Herschend park. It's sort of a park without the rides that focuses on a big ass rock. Definitely doesn't beat Over Georgia, but it has a super nice atmosphere and some cool attractions that would get me to rate it over Wild Adventures. Plus great views at the top of the big ass rock.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Post July 29th, 2015, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I actually didn't laugh at this. This is seriously concerning

*tries not to laugh
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 30th, 2015, 4:32 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
interesting that they chose world's of fun over SDC.... I guess the world's first "successful" wooden inversion isn't interesting enough for them. Also Pa is one of the states with a great selection of parks, odd to choose one of the smallest and catered to a certain age group, I would even choose bushkill park, which at this point is a very tiny selection of antique rides, over sesame place.
What are these for?

Post July 30th, 2015, 6:19 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Lol, MN apparently MOA is better than Valleyfair :lol: I think this must be some kind of prank.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 30th, 2015, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Each to their own. Personal thoughts, not only critic's views. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to General Theme Park Discussions