Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
I think it looks great... Way better than what I would've done!
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hope I'll be able to create such a brilliant model... someday. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Looking great guys!
I think I said this before, but somehow, you and another NLE user are both doing Nitro. Don't ask how it happened, I have no clue. Maybe you guys can collaborate on it?

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Haven't really seen him update anything though and this one looks far along.

Points on hand: 161.00 Points
This looks very promising! Please don't let this project die.
*Insert pointful signature here*

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
Darkness.exe wrote:
This looks very promising! Please don't let this project die.

Everyone's working on their own parts of it, and I'm not trying to rush anyone. I'm finishing up Ka's station myself.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, I definitely feel its being worked on, just no physical updates to see :P

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
I downloaded the map and have yet to port over my stuff and the nitro station. Been having trouble finding free time between work and class.

Points on hand: 161.00 Points
Okay guys, glad to read that it's being worked on. Take all the time it needs to make this as awesome as possible. :D
*Insert pointful signature here*

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yep, and I'd say for PDC, put Code's El Diablo in, its fully functional and looks perfect!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
They really let the rust run down the station like that?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^Yes. It's been there so long it's become a part of the "theme" so to speak (industrial-ish). It's actually worse in real life, plus the track on the pre-lift turnaround is also really rusted. I also noticed that right where the anti-rollbacks start before the lift chain they're missing a friction wheel as well (they've got 5 instead of 6, and the thing it's attached to still spins lol)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
^ Don't forget the duct tape on some of the seats
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
If Kingda Ka isn't using only one station and doesn't break down every 30-60 minutes then you will lose a lot of realism points. Also Zumanjaro has to kill KK's capacity because New Jersey is stupid.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^^ Could be the realism only at Six Flags. :lol:

^^They only use one station deliberately because Six Flags was working with Intamin to improve the ride's capacity and Intamin found that the capacity is much better when only using one side of the station. The lines for it are definitely shorter now, they never exceed 1.5 hours which is pretty good compared with the old days of 3+ hour waits regularly. And yes, NJ does suck for not letting KK run with Zumanjaro :P
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coaster Hero wrote:
^Yes. It's been there so long it's become a part of the "theme" so to speak (industrial-ish). It's actually worse in real life, plus the track on the pre-lift turnaround is also really rusted. I also noticed that right where the anti-rollbacks start before the lift chain they're missing a friction wheel as well (they've got 5 instead of 6, and the thing it's attached to still spins lol)

The 6th wheel was fixed finally yesterday!
And shade was added to El Toro's and Nitro's line finally! Now if we could just get some shade on Kingda Ka....

Coaster Hero wrote:
And yes, NJ does suck for not letting KK run with Zumanjaro :P

Oh (neutral), Wow (shock), Aww (why?!)... ;)

TTD03 wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:

The 6th wheel was fixed finally yesterday!
And shade was added to El Toro's and Nitro's line finally! Now if we could just get some shade on Kingda Ka....

Get. Out. :shock:

It's about time, waiting for El Toro on a hot day is absolutely brutal (but worth it). It will make the wait a little more tolerable!
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
If Kingda Ka isn't using only one station and doesn't break down every 30-60 minutes then you will lose a lot of realism points. Also Zumanjaro has to kill KK's capacity because New Jersey is stupid.

I've actually improved Ka's station operation by leaps and bounds over both the original loading pattern and what they now use. It's at least as efficient as Dragster's operation now. Trains load at both front stations and unload at the rear stations, and dispatch one at a time from alternating sides. There are FIVE trains, and each train returns to the opposite side of the station when it returns, sort of like Tatsu... or like how Storm Runner would run if it had three trains. Feel free to download the main park file or my standalone Ka recreation to check it out. The coaster itself is as accurate as I know how to make it, aside from the new supports added along with Zumanjaro (waiting for those to show up on Google Earth!) but the station itself is necessarily a little different since it unloads from the rear stations only. It's also set up to connect to the original infield queue, which I'll be starting on once I finish the station.

^Interesting fact about those extra supports on Zumanjaro; Kingda Ka's original support structure/tower can easily hold up Zumanjaro, but the state wanted extra supporting in case of a hurricane. So no need to rush getting those extra supports up, it's perfectly feasible for it to run without them
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Dusso Janladde wrote:
Paradox wrote:

I've actually improved Ka's station operation by leaps and bounds over both the original loading pattern and what they now use. It's at least as efficient as Dragster's operation now. Trains load at both front stations and unload at the rear stations, and dispatch one at a time from alternating sides. There are FIVE trains, and each train returns to the opposite side of the station when it returns, sort of like Tatsu... or like how Storm Runner would run if it had three trains. Feel free to download the main park file or my standalone Ka recreation to check it out. The coaster itself is as accurate as I know how to make it, aside from the new supports added along with Zumanjaro (waiting for those to show up on Google Earth!) but the station itself is necessarily a little different since it unloads from the rear stations only. It's also set up to connect to the original infield queue, which I'll be starting on once I finish the station.

Only other non realistic thing I can think of is that section of brakes that is straight before the turn. You kinda cut that out and just went right into the turn and into the switch.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I was a little bored today, and started working on something....
It's not done yet, have to tweak the timing and such, but I think it is pretty cool.

Dang man, nice job but I got a heart attack listening to it just explode out of nowhere. Fade it in ever so slightly in an audio editor and it should sound more natural. Also, if you're going to continue this (which you definitely should), you should add that awesome hydraulic launch cable shriek!
It's been a long time

Oh, Intamin's launch shriek also heard on an Impulse Coaster! I do love that! GPs definately think that someone's screaming!

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area