Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Cedar Point 24-25 October?

Cedar Point 24-25 October?

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post September 2nd, 2015, 6:26 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
I have to take some forced vacation time since my company is cutting costs. I haven't been to Cedar Point, and I'm aiming for the second to last weekend in October. I'd arrive in Sandusky on the 23rd and visit the park the 24th and 25th.

Post September 2nd, 2015, 9:09 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
As you read this bear in mind that it's generally strongly recommended that you "do the park" back to front, but this applies on a normal day:

I have never been there that late in the season but I have heard during Halloweekends that the crowds can be very severe. You're an avid biker if I recall so this next suggestion shouldn't be a problem since you actually use your legs. I'd recommend you "briskly walk" to Maverick when the park opens (back of the park) and then hit up Raptor and Gatekeeper. If the Maverick line seems short enough maybe ride Maverick first in a random middle seat first (the train is so small it really doesn't matter) and then hop back in line again and wait for the front or back for like 45 minutes. If you don't hit that ride early the line will definitely be two hours minimum for the rest of the day.

If the weather is very iffy in the wind department (don't trust the weather more than 12 hours ahead), backtrack and hit Dragster. Then ride Raptor and Gatekeeper. Raptor, Dragster, and Gatekeeper (not as bad as Raptor) don't like wind and cold. You will probably have to bite the bullet somewhere if the wind is acting up and deal with a full Raptor or a full Dragster queue.

Fragmented Miscellaneous Advice:
*As far as rain goes, Raptor and Magnum (and others) will all shut down if it rains. Raptor and Iron Dragon drip grease/rust on people, and Magnum had a bit of an incident with its brakes sucking in rain once. I have no idea what the Rougarou rain policy is but Mantis last year could run in frigging anything except lightning, so assuming trains don't have much effect you shouldn't need to worry about Rougarou (assuming the trains actually are lighter, I don't know that as a fact).

*Dragster's line splits in two near the loading platform. Try your best to go right (the station that is furthest away from the giant yellow tower and closest where people unload the ride). When employees load idiots with Plinko and Fastlane passes, they generally dump then in the train sitting closest to them because employees don't have time to watch the idiots bumble around walking to the farther away train. This train that they load the Plinko/Fast Lane idiots into ends up in the station closest to the giant yellow tower, so this strategy may save you waiting a couple trains.

* Assuming it's the same as Mantis, the Rougarou front row wait will add approximately 20 minutes to your wait, more likely 15 since it has 3 trains. When you're in the Rougarou queue, ponder in wonder at the fountain that waters a support (it's near the turn out of the vertical loop). Also ponder at how the park could spend several million on new paint/parts/full rehab and still not fix that goddamned leaking hose in the station. Also do not ride Rougarou in the front row at night. Insect life is abundant.

* Tighten the belt as much as possible on Magnum and try to keep the bar a bit up (1-2cm-ish). If you're being "Mr. Enthusiast" and trying to ride with the bar way up, it'll get pushed down by an employee cussing you under his/her breathe. Row 3 gives the most violent ejector air (back row of the front car). The lapbar on this ride is pretty stiff and unforgiving. It also slams down on you with the lightest touch and doesn't "ratchet-down" like what you're used to.

* Mean Streak has no air anywhere but actually has some laterals in the front.

* Raptor's front row line is very forgiving relative to most. Also if you have time be sure to check out the back row. There is a nice floaty whip on the drop.

* Expect the Intashits to break once for 15 minutes or so while you're waiting. I think Wicked Twister is the most reliable of the bunch but I really don't know.

* Queues close 8 minutes after closing. Don't cut it too close. Employees determine what is 8 minutes after closing is, not you. When the queue is almost empty employees will force people into the middle seats so that they can go home, so don't expect to be the last person in line for Dragster find assume they'll cycle 20 trains with only two people on them so that you can ride in the front.

* Don't take it personally if an employee hurries you. You may be rushed because an idiot in a row behind you was slow as hell or a myriad of other reasons that aren't your fault or your doing.

* Expect 15 dollar per person meals. As far as eating goes, there is a road called Milan Road that has many hotels and restaurants on it. Samurai is a decent for the area Japanese steakhouse. It's the worst Japanese place I've ever been too, but it's the cheapest and far better than most places around there.

* If you plan on skipping meals, make sure somewhere to eat is open (I'm assuming one of those days is a midnight closing). The local McDonalds has a dollar-fifty menu instead of a Dollar Menu because it's in jacked-up tourism mode and it has weird hours too.

Have fun!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Theme Park Meets