Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Here's the link to the page, there's like a million pictures, some of them from angles the GP can't get to. Plus there's a blueprint as well, which is great!

Link
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
^ Thanks, those are actually some GREAT pics! I'm surprised I never heard about this site?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Anybody have an idea on how to make cross-ties for this?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
To help Dech, I took a behind the scenes tour and got a lot of video. Looky here if you want :D

Here is what I have for now. If there's anything you want changed or added let me know. I'll send a pm soon.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I think I need to get a better rust photo for the Nitro logo on the station so you can get the rust perfect :P

Had a bit of a rough time trying to draw it over the steel texture.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That ride and TTD are the definition of "please paint me".
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It's not Six Flags unless there are advertisement banners everywhere!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Don't worry. We're advertising these coasters right here! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
Dusso, did I send you the updated Batman textures yet? What others do you need at the moment?

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
What happened to the guy doing El Toro?
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm here. Just been trying to figure out the easiest way to port all the files over without screwing anything up. Also doesn't help that I'm back at college again so I'll have to find time to figure it out.

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
DechLave wrote:
^ Thanks, those are actually some GREAT pics! I'm surprised I never heard about this site?

Yes, it's the best. I couldn't for the life of me find a high-res Kingda Ka logo, but once they posted their Kingda Ka spotlight, there it was! That picture became Ka's train logo. It also provided the source for Toro's logo as well as Nitro's colors. It's the first (and often only) place I go to find out detailed info about their coasters.

TallonD83 wrote:
Dusso, did I send you the updated Batman textures yet? What others do you need at the moment?

I got Batman textures from you on June 25th and they're on the coaster in the master park file, I haven't received anything newer if you've updated them after that. Ka and Nitro are done, I did an interim train logo for the classic 6-seat train for Toro, but I'm hoping that it'll be able to use a custom train. Haven't really given much thought to textures for the rest.

Right now I'm looking into the sound effects for Ka that TTD03 sent me and finishing up the station.

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Mkj332 wrote:
I'm here. Just been trying to figure out the easiest way to port all the files over without screwing anything up. Also doesn't help that I'm back at college again so I'll have to find time to figure it out.

Oh ok. Thought I recognized your profile pic from the Nitro station post but wasn't sure.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Dusso Janladde wrote:
DechLave wrote:

Yes, it's the best. I couldn't for the life of me find a high-res Kingda Ka logo, but once they posted their Kingda Ka spotlight, there it was! That picture became Ka's train logo. It also provided the source for Toro's logo as well as Nitro's colors. It's the first (and often only) place I go to find out detailed info about their coasters.

TallonD83 wrote:

I got Batman textures from you on June 25th and they're on the coaster in the master park file, I haven't received anything newer if you've updated them after that. Ka and Nitro are done, I did an interim train logo for the classic 6-seat train for Toro, but I'm hoping that it'll be able to use a custom train. Haven't really given much thought to textures for the rest.

Right now I'm looking into the sound effects for Ka that TTD03 sent me and finishing up the station.

All the sound effects are carefully placed. I wouldn't try to move those to your version. I'd say re-import the version I made and add all the scenery around the station if need be. Getting the sound effect trigger locations was a hell of a job to do. Partially because you can't edit them on the spot when testing them. You have to constantly freeze and unfreeze the coaster for adjustments.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
might be better than Kyle if you import the coaster into the master file, and then send it back to Dusso....

TTD03 wrote:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
DechLave wrote:

TallonD83 wrote:

All the sound effects are carefully placed. I wouldn't try to move those to your version. I'd say re-import the version I made and add all the scenery around the station if need be. Getting the sound effect trigger locations was a hell of a job to do. Partially because you can't edit them on the spot when testing them. You have to constantly freeze and unfreeze the coaster for adjustments.

I just PMed you about that, actually. You've got the sound effect coordinates hardcoded into the scripts, if I import them into the master park as-is, they'll wind up playing near Superman rather than at Ka!

TTD03 wrote:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
DechLave wrote:

TallonD83 wrote:

The only difference to the coaster itself is the triggers, right? If these are all of them and their positions on the main spine, it'll be very easy to put them on the existing coaster in the full park and move them to their exact positions:

PlayDown 0 ft
PlayLaunch 60.56 ft
PlayMusic1 640.71 ft
PlayDown1 1552.85 ft
PlayMusic 2788.96 ft

There aren't any others that I missed, right?

Mkj332 wrote:

I can try doing it myself if you want, just send me your park package if you're OK with it.

Timing the sounds together in Audacity was the hell of a job. It took 2 weeks of me and TTD going back and forth making sure it was perfect, and 7 file edits in total. If you could somehow maintain the timing of the trigger points from TTD's version in any way, that would be great
It's been a long time

Coaster Hero wrote:
Timing the sounds together in Audacity was the hell of a job. It took 2 weeks of me and TTD going back and forth making sure it was perfect, and 7 file edits in total. If you could somehow maintain the timing of the trigger points from TTD's version in any way, that would be great

I made sure to keep the triggers exactly the same. Their position on the main spline is accurate to within a hundredth of a foot and their names are the same. The only thing that needs to be changed are the coordinates of where the sounds play. TTD has the master park file with the sounds added right now.

^Ok, that's great. Hopefully it will turn out good
It's been a long time

Park updated!

-Added a custom environment file. The background is much more accurate (flat with forest) and the latitude and longitude are the same as that of the real park.

-Added TTD03 and Coaster Hero's sound effects to Kingda Ka. Their timing is perfect but they still need some tweaking as you can currently hear them from just about anywhere in the park.

-Disabled "Run Backwards" on Batman's trains as the actual Namtab is closed as of Sept. 7th.

Download from Google Drive or Dropbox as usual.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area